LFA Model (2012)

Lexus will only sell the LFA to those who will flaunt it

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-10, 11:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

haha actually i know a lot of people drive their exotics during the weekends and such (weekday can be a bit troublesome depending on roads), but we don't see them often coz' they have too many exotics in the garage to choose from
Old 01-20-10, 03:29 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With that knock off styling, Lexus would have to give me the car for free and pay me if they want me to flaunt it. I would also wear a bag over my head so people don't recognize me.
Old 01-20-10, 03:31 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Stormwind
With that knock off styling, Lexus would have to give me the car for free and pay me if they want me to flaunt it. I would also wear a bag over my head so people don't recognize me.
Knock-off of what exactly?
Old 01-20-10, 03:42 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
gotta love the haterz
Old 01-20-10, 03:59 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Well, the tail for example is a complete Audi knock off. All those side and upper vents are Lamborghini.

Lambo vents are actually functional but Lexus is a front engine car with all those vents in the back for??

Headlights are from Acura, and the hood from Fast & Furious movie props department.

I am just being real here if somebody paid that much money and tried to flunt it in front of a trendy place (like Lexus wants you to do) that is exactly what people will point and say. And when people realized how much you paid for it they get a good laugh will say if you like that tail why not just buy an Audi? If you liked all those vents why not a Lambo that's actually functional.
Old 01-20-10, 04:33 PM
Rippaflow
Lead Lap

Well, the tail for example is a complete Audi knock off. All those side and upper vents are Lamborghini.

Lambo vents are actually functional but Lexus is a front engine car with all those vents in the back for??

Headlights are from Acura, and the hood from Fast & Furious movie props department.

I am just being real here if somebody paid that much money and tried to flunt it in front of a trendy place (like Lexus wants you to do) that is exactly what people will point and say. And when people realized how much you paid for it they get a good laugh will say if you like that tail why not just buy an Audi? If you liked all those vents why not a Lambo that's actually functional.

The same can be said for any car. If we liked the second gen GS, how come we didnt get a benz?

Last edited by Rippaflow; 01-20-10 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-20-10, 04:41 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Originally Posted by Rippaflow
The same can be said for any car. If we liked the second gen GS, how come we didnt get a benz?
That makes sense.
I actually have a 2nd gen GS.

Originally Posted by Rippaflow
If you like reebok classics, how come you didn't get air force ones?
If you like a blue pen, how come you didn't get a black one?
That doesn't make any sense.
Old 01-20-10, 04:59 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

uhm.

aerodynamics?

I mean it's just a thought, considering integrated aerodynamics make for a cleaner overall appearance, as opposed to tacking on "stuff"
Old 01-20-10, 05:02 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

If I had the money, it be like my daily driver in the summer.
Old 01-20-10, 05:10 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Ignorance truly shines.
Old 01-20-10, 05:57 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Well, the tail for example is a complete Audi knock off.
You do realize the LF-A prototype predates the R8 concept right?
All those side and upper vents are Lamborghini.

Most mid-engined cars have those vents just like the Lambo. The ones on the LFA are fully functional and serve to direct airflow to the radiators, which are uniquely mounted in the rear for optimal weight distribution.
Headlights are from Acura,
Huh?
and the hood from Fast & Furious movie props department.
Trying a bit too hard are we?
Do us a favor and buy an Audi or Lambo then.
Old 01-20-10, 07:13 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Originally Posted by Mister Two
You do realize the LF-A prototype predates the R8 concept right? .
Sure, it's has been for the past 10 years and it is still a proto type as they have no production model for sale. For the longest time their proto type looked like this. Until Audi came out with R8
Attached Thumbnails Lexus will only sell the LFA to those who will flaunt it-lexuslfaframework-0.jpg  
Old 01-20-10, 07:23 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Sure, it's has been for the past 10 years and it is still a proto type as they have no production model for sale.
So you're saying a car can't be designed until it goes into production. Great thinking there!
For the longest time their proto type looked like this. Until Audi came out with R8

You do realize they only came out with this wireframe cutout in the LA auto show a month ago right?

Seriously you should win an award or something for your comments here.

Last edited by Mister Two; 01-20-10 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-20-10, 07:46 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Have you considered that most of the prospective purchasers of the LFA will also own these other vehicles? It's not a choice between one or the other; in all likelihood, it will simply be another toy at their disposal.

Also, I guarantee you that no one who buys the car will care what other folks who cannot afford the car, such as you and I, think about it. I sure wouldn't.

So good luck with hating on the LFA. It'll be lonely on that island.
Old 01-20-10, 07:54 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

This is a wrong tactic in my opinion. Lexus should build an entry level super car costing around $130k and build like 10,000 units a year, not a top level super car costing $400k and produce 500 units throughout the whole model life. If you want people to know your capability to make cars on par with those of Porsche and Ferrari, you want your product to be seen. How could I know there is such a Lexus super car if I can't see one on the street in five years? Not everyone is like us car enthusiasts following car news all the time. I am sure many people do not know LF-A's existence. Toyota is like this, either don't make a sports car, or make an ultra-expensive one so seldom ones could actually own it. Learn to run before knowing how to walk. Be cocky all you want Toyota, this car is not going to accomplish what it was originally meant to.

Quick Reply: Lexus will only sell the LFA to those who will flaunt it