LFA Model (2012)

Lexus Announces Price of All-New LFA Supercar

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-10, 08:39 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts
Default Lexus Announces Price of All-New LFA Supercar

TORRANCE, Calif. (Feb. 24, 2010) – Lexus today announced the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $375,000 for the all-new 2012 LFA supercar. The MSRP does not include a delivery, processing and handling fee.

LFA, the flagship for the F portfolio of Lexus performance models is the fastest Lexus production car ever built and delivers world-class design, performance, and cutting-edge technology. The LFA is only available as a two-year lease with the intent to purchase. Only 500 LFA will be built worldwide.

“The LFA has more passion and character than any Lexus built and we’re excited that we’re finally able to give U.S. customers official pricing,” said Mark Templin, Lexus group vice president and general manager.

All LFAs will be hand-built to customer specifications and production will begin December 2010. Customers will be able to choose from three-configurations included in the base MSRP:
Configuration 1 – Leather or Alcantara®-trimmed seats.
Configuration 2 – Leather or Alcantara-trimmed seats, Lexus Navigation System and Mark Levinson Premium Surround Sound system.
Configuration 3 – Leather or Alcantara-trimmed seats, Lexus Navigation System, Mark Levinson Premium Surround Sound system, and Lexus Enform™ with Safety Connect™.
Customers will be able to customize the LFA with 30 exterior colors, six brake caliper colors, and 12 interior colors. Some choices carry an additional cost.

The Lexus LFA is exclusively powered by a sophisticated new high-revving 4.8-liter V10 engine that generates 552 horsepower at 8,700 rpm and 354 lb.-ft. of peak torque at 6,800 rpm. The engine is mated to a unique six-speed Automated Sequential Gearbox (ASG) with paddle shifters that enables ultra-quick gear shifts (0.2 seconds) with four driving modes – AUTO, SPORT, NORMAL and WET for exceptional versatility.

Lexus’ supercar accelerates from 0 to 60 in 3.6 seconds and achieves a maximum speed of 202 mph thanks to an independently controlled throttle body for each cylinder, high-volume 12-hole injectors, dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i), low-friction engine components, and equal length exhaust manifolds.

Lightweight, powerful and balanced, the LFA features advanced Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP) construction for its chassis and bodywork to deliver a light, incredibly strong and impact-resistant structure. To help provide superior handling and braking and traction control the LFA features track-tuned lightweight aluminum alloy suspension components; six-piston front and four-piston rear calipers to grip the Carbon Ceramic Material (CCM) brake rotors; and a specially calibrated Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) system.

The low-slung LFA exudes supercar styling with Lexus design philosophy in one cohesive form. Its clean, muscular and athletic design is complemented by extraordinary aerodynamics for optimal drivetrain cooling and superb high-speed handling. Its incredible exhaust note is possible by the multi-stage exhaust system that exits through a stacked trio of exhaust outlets. The LFA’s exterior styling is further enhanced with BBS® 20-inch forged-aluminum 10-spoke wheels available in three different finishes.

“After years of development, Lexus is able to offer driving enthusiasts an exciting and exclusive combination of performance and luxury in a sleek supercar package. It’s thrilling to know that in about a year, you just might see one driving down the street,” said Templin.

Credit: Lexus USA
Old 02-25-10, 08:57 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very curious to know what the LFA's fuel economy will be. Not that it will matter much, but just for the sake of bragging rights and curiosity.

We already know that V10 is a gem of an engine, but it would be even more amazing if the V10 is more fuel efficient than any competing V10 past or present. That would just be the icing on the cake so to speak for this engine. It would also quiet down the criticism and rumors about the supposed GS-F possibly not having a V10 engine due to fuel economy concerms.
Old 02-25-10, 09:10 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
I'm very curious to know what the LFA's fuel economy will be. Not that it will matter much, but just for the sake of bragging rights and curiosity.
If the LFA like the ISF can beat the gas guzzler tax here in the USA...the LFA will be the ultimate FTMFW MPG King of the exotics!
Old 02-25-10, 09:34 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Although I really have my doubts it can do it, it would be a stunning achievement if the LFA did beat the gas guzzler tax. It would make the engine even more amazing than it already is.
Old 02-26-10, 12:40 AM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Isn't .2 seconds for shift time a little slow by todays supercar standards? Is that a type or does it really take that long to shift. Looking at videos of the car it seem just as fast as any other dual clutch trannys (m3, gtr, etc) so I guess it should be a typo or just a conservative statement.
Old 02-26-10, 12:51 AM
newr
Lexus Champion

Although I really have my doubts it can do it, it would be a stunning achievement if the LFA did beat the gas guzzler tax. It would make the engine even more amazing than it already is.
I would be surprised if it does too but I doubt it will especially when it spins at 9000RPM it's gotta consume some gas.

independently control TB for each cylinder... wow
Old 02-26-10, 02:55 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've seen Ferraris, Bentleys and even a Bugatti in Kentucky. For some reason, I don't think I'll see one of these in this state. I Might need to migrate to find one in person.
Old 02-26-10, 06:04 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

We already know that V10 is a gem of an engine, but it would be even more amazing if the V10 is more fuel efficient than any competing V10 past or present. That would just be the icing on the cake so to speak for this engine. It would also quiet down the criticism and rumors about the supposed GS-F possibly not having a V10 engine due to fuel economy concerms.
some places estimated 14/20, pretty insane for a supercar
Old 02-26-10, 08:15 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by newr
Can someone explain why this is so, 'wow' ?
Old 02-26-10, 08:17 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

I'll take the Configuration 3
Old 02-26-10, 09:39 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by newr
this is the only way possible to have this type of engine response, there has to be a huge flow rate of air to supply 9000 rpm of V10. That can only be done by individual throttle bodies.

Not necessarily new but the previous gen M3 had it also.
Old 02-26-10, 10:13 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I think it's time to sell the house, it's the only way to get one haha. Probably going to need to hang out in Manhattan to see one or the streets of Southern California.
Old 02-26-10, 10:21 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Only 500 eh?

Interesting that the IS-F has 8 gears and the LF-A only 6.
Old 02-26-10, 10:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
this is the only way possible to have this type of engine response, there has to be a huge flow rate of air to supply 9000 rpm of V10. That can only be done by individual throttle bodies.

Not necessarily new but the previous gen M3 had it also.
and i think previous gen m5 also had it too

i don't know if the e9x and e60 m3/5 have them

Originally Posted by SLegacy99
Only 500 eh?

especially on cars like lfa with such high rev setup, having more gears is not a good idea. less gears but each gear reving up all the way to 9000rpm, that's where the power come from

8 gears will be better for fuel economy (as a plus), but on a car like lfa? performance first. plus the v8 setup on isf is different, it's big displacement and high tq, so more gears, lower rpm, and tq is there. lfa you have to rev higher to get the tq
Old 02-26-10, 10:56 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by SLegacy99
Keep in mind also that the IS-F transmission is an automatic, and the 7th/8th gears are purely for fuel economy (I think it was actually someone on CL who posted that the 170mph speed limiter kicks in just before the rev limiter would in 6th gear). I also don't believe anyone makes an SMG with more than 6 gears that isn't dual clutch, and Lexus didn't want dual clutch for the LFA.

Quick Reply: Lexus Announces Price of All-New LFA Supercar