LFA Model (2012)
View Poll Results: Will Jay Leno get an LFA?
Yes, he will.
65.08%
No, he won't.
17.46%
He'll wait for a used one.
1.59%
He's gonna get a goat instead...
15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Will Jay Leno get an LFA?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-10, 10:18 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

have any of you guys driven a Viper, so uncomfortable car to drive everyday. this car has race car pedals (pedals that are very narrow and close to each other) if you have big (wide) feet, it's impossible to drive (plus the front hood is so damn long). Jay looks like he would have big feet.
Old 03-06-10, 10:19 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

BTW he'll get LFA because he can! does he own a GTR?
Old 03-06-10, 10:56 PM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

I don't think he will buy one because I have been to his "Garage" and I don't remember any Japanese cars . He does have alot of new cars including a Carrera GT & several Corvettes. He is a great mechanic & a big fan of unique mechanical devices/cars. He owns 1 of the few Shogun's made which is a Ford Fiesta with a SHO engine. He owns about 100 cars & drives them all so if he was driving a Viper (PITA) everyday for a week it was probably on loan from Dodge for his evaluation. I delivered a car to his Garage for the same reason & thats how I got a tour from 1 of his 3 mechanics. I have seen him at 2 car shows over the years & think he is a great person & great Car collector.
Old 03-07-10, 12:21 AM
xioix
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leno has Japanese cars, he has a Miata, an Honda SM600, Mazda Cosmo, probably a few more too
Old 03-07-10, 12:21 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Jay Leno doesnt usually buy cars that are as common as 500 copies. He likes them rare and unique. Not that the LFA is a dime a dozen but I dont think its a Leno type of vehicle.
Old 03-07-10, 12:44 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Ill write him a letter convincing him to get one haha
Old 03-07-10, 12:37 PM
kdd
Driver School Candidate

I highly doubt if he buys one. He didn't even have a strong enough desire to go test drive it; instead, he had someone else go test it for a segment for his show. I know he said he was busy and couldn't go but I think he was being polite for two reasons.

1. If he really wanted to, toyota would have made it happened just because of the positive exposure it would bring to the LFA for a known celebrity car guy to test and perhaps say positive things about the LFA.

2. Despite being a busy guy Leno has made time to test drive the SLR (he bought one), Carrera GT (he has one of these too), R8, GTR, SLS (twice I think) and even flew to England to preview the MP4-12C. If he has made time to check out these cars but not the LFA, I'm thinking he doesn't have a "I gotta drive this" enthusiasm for the LFA. I think he'll buy the SLS though. He really seems to love it in his test drive videos and he loves the original gullwing as well.
Old 03-07-10, 01:20 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by jadu
Ill write him a letter convincing him to get one haha

Tell him that Letterman is considering one, and he wouldn't want to be caught second-fiddle.
Old 03-07-10, 01:28 PM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Tell him that Letterman is considering one, and he wouldn't want to be caught second-fiddle.
i think their buddies now, thanks to oprah
Old 03-07-10, 02:47 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

I think he will.

it would be great exposure for Lexus to have Leno flaunting the LF-A
Old 03-07-10, 10:00 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

if he test drove the R8 and GT-R, I don't see why he wouldn't test drive the LF-A eventually... maybe it's due to the recession, don't want to show off and be out of touch with the public..
Old 03-08-10, 05:44 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
if he test drove the R8 and GT-R, I don't see why he wouldn't test drive the LF-A eventually... maybe it's due to the recession, don't want to show off and be out of touch with the public..
I think he dismisses it for the simple fact that it is a Lexus/Toyota.
Old 03-19-10, 04:41 AM
Tee

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Justin Bell shows off Lexus LFA in Jay Leno's

The lease-only 2011 Lexus LFA supercar has been getting a lot of exposure lately. We had a chance to drive it a few weeks ago and just showed you some pics of the matte black car when it showed up at Cars & Coffee in Irvine this Saturday, but now we have something even better. LeMans-winner and Jay Leno Show racing coach, Justin Bell, heads out onto Fontana's California Speedway with this very same LFA, getting some instruction himself from fellow racer Scott Pruett before taking the better seat for a lap.

The segment was shot for the latest episode of Jay Leno's Garage, the Jay Leno webshow that highlights a different car every week, sometimes with Jay driving and sometimes with Justin doing the heavy lifting. Follow the jump to see the video for yourself and be sure to check out Jay's Garage regularly if you don't already. Listening to this thing rip up to 9,000 RPM is worth the nine-minute investment of your time, trust us.

http://blog.niot.net/en/post/195074/...9;s+garage.htm
Old 03-19-10, 06:57 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Frankly, I don't care if he gets it, he doesn't have an Enzo nor any Ferrari's either from what I've heard.
But if Lexus wants as much exposure as possible, they should actively try to sell one to him.
Old 03-19-10, 08:14 AM
xioix
Racer

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Frankly, I don't care if he gets it, he doesn't have an Enzo nor any Ferrari's either from what I've heard.
But if Lexus wants as much exposure as possible, they should actively try to sell one to him.
Would Lexus get that much exposure from Jay driving the car once a year? I mean he rotates his cars around and drives a different one each day

Quick Reply: Will Jay Leno get an LFA?