More info here and some more pics

http://www.gazoo.com/racing/english/index.asp
Old 03-16-10, 06:39 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I wanna see how this car will do.

The first time was plagued with electrical issues. Hopefully, this will further prove its full potential.
It was?

IIRC the first time had multiple accidents (while still managing to win it's class), same thing for last year as well...'cept last year one of the two caught on fire.
Old 03-16-10, 08:14 PM
LexFather

^^ Well the first car was raced for endurance testing for the production car.

This will be different
Old 03-17-10, 07:27 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
^^ Well the first car was raced for endurance testing for the production car.

This will be different
This is what I'm hoping
Old 03-17-10, 10:42 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Widebody LFA !

Look at that HUGE rear diffuser, it's bigger than the stock car.

Also the hood has extra intakes and outlets.

Here is a look at the engine bay:

Originally Posted by knihc2008
Wondering why they didn't use the full production design and are sticking with the prototype design

The prototype was always based on the production car.

It's the same thing here. This is the production car underneath, simply using some prototype parts for the requirements of racing.

The reason they are using prototype parts is mainly for the sake of aerodynamics and reliability.

Originally Posted by G Star
I can't wait for the official production car ring time to shut up the haters
I would love to see Akio Toyoda himself announce the production LFA's official 'Ring time .
Old 03-17-10, 01:30 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

While I'm happy to see the LFA in the race again, I'm quite disappointed that even after the release of the production car Lexus is still entering the race in near-production trim. Seriously what's the point? Before they could say they were using the race to gather data and develop the production car so they could care less about winning, but what about now? People are not going to care about the notion that LFA "wins" in the "production prototype" sub-category. All people are going to see is LFA "loses" again to some (heavily modified) low-end hatches, let alone other (heavily modified) sports cars. People are not going to care that the winning Porsche and Audi share barely any parts from their respective production cars aside from the exterior shape. All people are going to see is that the Porsche GT3 wins again and the Audi R8 is right behind and the Lexus LFA ranks #100 or lower and therefore GT3 > R8 >>> LFA. I really wish for Lexus to up the ante and be daring enough to enter the race with a crazily modified LFA just to actually win the race and give the brand true sporting credibility.

Last edited by Mister Two; 03-17-10 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-17-10, 05:05 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mister Two
While I'm happy to see the LFA in the race again, I'm quite disappointed that even after the release of the production car Lexus is still entering the race in near-production trim. Seriously what's the point? Before they could say they were using the race to gather data and develop the production car so they could care less about winning, but what about now? People are not going to care about the notion that LFA "wins" in the "production prototype" sub-category. All people are going to see is LFA "loses" again to some (heavily modified) low-end hatches, let alone other (heavily modified) sports cars. People are not going to care that the winning Porsche and Audi share barely any parts from their respective production cars aside from the exterior shape. All people are going to see is that the Porsche GT3 wins again and the Audi R8 is right behind and the Lexus LFA ranks #100 or lower and therefore GT3 > R8 >>> LFA. I really wish for Lexus to up the ante and be daring enough to enter the race with a crazily modified LFA just to actually win the race and give the brand true sporting credibility.
This post is so full of assumptions and jumping to conclusions I don't know where to begin .

Do you know exactly what the car's specs are? Perhaps they managed to slightly bump the HP, or did some further tuning and improvements to the tranny.

Compared to the production car, and last year's racer, we can see the hood is different, it has a wider body, and it has a different rear diffuser. The car's floor could also be different for better aerodynamics.

Compare the performance of the 2007 racer with the 2008 racer. For example, despite using the same car mechanically underneath, revised aerodynamics allowed them to reach a higher top speed on the 'Ring straights with the 2008 car than the 2007. Further improvements in suspension tuning allowed them also to get lower lap times with the 2008 'Ring racer than the 2007 racer, despite both cars being virtually identical mechanically.

Lastly, how do you know Toyota isn't continually gathering data for future high performance cars, or data for an LFA replacement?

Let's get the facts right before jumping to conclusions.
Old 03-17-10, 05:32 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
This post is so full of assumptions and jumping to conclusions I don't know where to begin .

Do you know exactly what the car's specs are? Perhaps they managed to slightly bump the HP, or did some further tuning and improvements to the tranny.

Compared to the production car, and last year's racer, we can see the hood is different, it has a wider body, and it has a different rear diffuser. The car's floor could also be different for better aerodynamics.

Compare the performance of the 2007 racer with the 2008 racer. For example, despite using the same car mechanically underneath, revised aerodynamics allowed them to reach a higher top speed on the 'Ring straights with the 2008 car than the 2007. Further improvements in suspension tuning allowed them also to get lower lap times with the 2008 'Ring racer than the 2007 racer, despite both cars being virtually identical mechanically.

Lastly, how do you know Toyota isn't continually gathering data for future high performance cars, or data for an LFA replacement?

Let's get the facts right before jumping to conclusions.
True, we don't even know which category the LFA is going to enter this year. Let's hope the fact that the car's given a widebody treatment means that underneath the skin a lot more crazy race mods are being fitted and that this LFA racer is meant to challenge for the overall win this year.
Old 03-17-10, 08:00 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

The "Nurburgring Edition" name isn't official yet.
Old 03-17-10, 10:15 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Widebody LFA !

Look at that HUGE rear diffuser, it's bigger than the stock car.

Also the hood has extra intakes and outlets.

Here is a look at the engine bay:

The prototype was always based on the production car.

It's the same thing here. This is the production car underneath, simply using some prototype parts for the requirements of racing.

The reason they are using prototype parts is mainly for the sake of aerodynamics and reliability.

I would love to see Akio Toyoda himself announce the production LFA's official 'Ring time .

The rear diffuser is EPIC. Notice also, it looks as if there are only two exhaust outlets. The intake looks modified as well.
Old 03-18-10, 12:04 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

that LFA is just crazy
Old 03-18-10, 02:43 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mister Two
True, we don't even know which category the LFA is going to enter this year. Let's hope the fact that the car's given a widebody treatment means that underneath the skin a lot more crazy race mods are being fitted and that this LFA racer is meant to challenge for the overall win this year.
+1 I hope they make strides in the standings this year.
Old 03-18-10, 04:33 AM
rosskoss
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by muhbuhtuh
man the car is pretty to look at
You mean pretty ugly!

That is just a terrible design....ESPECIALLY for a $200K+ car. The design is so dated, it wouldn't have looked out of place in the 90s. Looks like a one-two generation update of the Supra. Thanks but no thanks.
Old 03-18-10, 07:08 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rosskoss
You mean pretty ugly!

That is just a terrible design....ESPECIALLY for a $200K+ car. The design is so dated, it wouldn't have looked out of place in the 90s. Looks like a one-two generation update of the Supra. Thanks but no thanks.
It's ok, you're welcome.
Old 03-18-10, 07:46 AM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

drool.........

Quick Reply: 2010 Lexus LFA Nurburgring Race Car