LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA Mule spotted. Next SC?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-10, 03:44 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
ah, stuff that i just can't talk about.......

all i can say is, if things are right, this is the very right direction
I had to re-read what you said

do we have to pull a Jack Bauer on you and make you spill it????
Old 04-28-10, 03:47 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I saw in person, it can't be an IS, because it's way too small and too low to ride on that platform. So I'm guessing it's something that is derived from the LFA platform. That is, if it's not simply just another LFA mule.
Old 04-28-10, 09:12 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

another LFA mule for what though? Thats the thing. We know it's an LFA, but an LFA mule for what? Why use the LFA to further the LFA, unless they are doing more traction control or real world testing with the car to see what else can be done leading up to the first cars to be sold.
Old 04-28-10, 09:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

interesting.......very interesting...........
Old 04-28-10, 09:37 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

actually when i look at the car further in these pictures, i see the side profile and look at the current LFA VLN Nurburgring race car and see the same thing. Maybe this is another race version? Maybe a version for american racing? But why on the road? Why not on the track? Perhaps two parallel programs going on with the LFA for better race information? hmmm
Old 04-28-10, 10:07 PM
LexFather

^^^ maybe is a loaner
Old 04-28-10, 10:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
actually when i look at the car further in these pictures, i see the side profile and look at the current LFA VLN Nurburgring race car and see the same thing. Maybe this is another race version? Maybe a version for american racing? But why on the road? Why not on the track? Perhaps two parallel programs going on with the LFA for better race information? hmmm
you answered your own question. if it's for racing it can't be on the street.

question is, why a lfa look-alike car with noticeable difference on the road, after the lfa is "out" (it's done already, no more test mule needed)
Old 04-28-10, 10:55 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

question is, why a lfa look-alike car with noticeable difference on the road, after the lfa is "out" (it's done already, no more test mule needed)
I thought I read where Lexus was still gonna make improvements all the way up to final release date. If that's true, this could be the final iteration of the LFA.
Old 04-28-10, 11:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
I thought I read where Lexus was still gonna make improvements all the way up to final release date. If that's true, this could be the final iteration of the LFA.
i doubt this kind of adjustment. different bumper, different headlights. keep in mind, there are at least 5-6 lfa around the world already (2 white, 1 matte black, 1 blue, 1 red, if not more). that kind of tells that the car is in production form. plus the car is already on lexus webpage. maybe minor tweak, but a different mold change, that too big of a change at this stage, especially when people started paying. what if they don't like the "change"?
Old 04-28-10, 11:07 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i doubt this kind of adjustment. different bumper, different headlights. keep in mind, there are at least 5-6 lfa around the world already (2 white, 1 matte black, 1 blue, 1 red, if not more). that kind of tells that the car is in production form. plus the car is already on lexus webpage. maybe minor tweak, but a different mold change, that too big of a change at this stage, especially when people started paying. what if they don't like the "change"?
I know.....I'm just having fun with this guessing game.
We must be really bored to have this much speculation about spotting a test mule.
Old 04-29-10, 12:00 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Exactly, I'm pretty sure the LFA prototype body is there to throw people off .
Old 04-29-10, 01:07 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Exactly, I'm pretty sure the LFA prototype body is there to throw people off .
Yeah....lexus is leaving the "wrap your car in zebra camo and fake panels" to BMW/Merc
Old 04-29-10, 01:16 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

what if he's right? after all the cars are pre-production that weve seen. Nah, who am I kidding. I do like the lower front end though, and think it'd look better on the LFA than the current rounded front end. I did answer my question, but it was really rhetorical. What I'm speculating about is this is just a photo of a car. We haven't seen video? It looks like prototypes from a year ago. And like the 09 version of the race car in matte black that raced the nurburgring 24 hour race. The thing is along the lower part of the doors, those aero 'bulges' weren't seen on that car in 09. But they are seen on the CURRENT LFA race car. So this to me says this might be a race version on the street. I donno for sure, just speculating because of the similarities i see that are lacking on the current production LFA.
Old 04-29-10, 02:17 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TF109B
what if he's right? after all the cars are pre-production that weve seen. Nah, who am I kidding. I do like the lower front end though, and think it'd look better on the LFA than the current rounded front end. I did answer my question, but it was really rhetorical. What I'm speculating about is this is just a photo of a car. We haven't seen video? It looks like prototypes from a year ago. And like the 09 version of the race car in matte black that raced the nurburgring 24 hour race. The thing is along the lower part of the doors, those aero 'bulges' weren't seen on that car in 09. But they are seen on the CURRENT LFA race car. So this to me says this might be a race version on the street. I donno for sure, just speculating because of the similarities i see that are lacking on the current production LFA.
It's very simple why this cannot be an LFA prototype, because there are no rear radiators. Where did the radiators and radiator fans disappear to if they are not in the rear?
Old 04-29-10, 02:39 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

you're right about the radiators being missing, but there could be another explanation. I just don't know what that explanation is right now. It could be another layout. Not engine positioning but something of a different packaging. Not sure exactly, but it's a mule for a reason.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA Mule spotted. Next SC?