LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA Mule spotted. Next SC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-10, 02:40 AM
*wishlist*
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the setting looks to be the all too familiar south bay. knowing that thing is here, i'm keeping my eyes "openner" and camera ready.
Old 05-02-10, 02:54 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TF109B
that's what I was getting at. I mean it might be another vehicle testing in just an LFA shell, but my opinion, i think it is an LFA. I can't say why there's no radiator fans in the rear, but to test another car with a body shell of an LFA? Of all cars for toyota to use to test a sports car, I guess the LFA would be the best or the only option. But why so soon when the LFA's slated release isn't until 2011? That's one of the main things I take into consideration in my opinions as to what this car is.

I was doing some research and there was another video on youtube showing the LFA in someone's mirror on the highway. here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw4sm0akodI

And this is the second video of the same guy who filmed the LFA(?) in question, but be warned it's really loud thanks to the wind in his Mic, here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maLCcPfoV4A

My point is, these look to be the same car. The white colored mirrors, the pre-production body-work. Thing is, the first video I posted you can hear the LFA even if it's not loud. So i assume the 2nd video is the same car, an LFA testing.
To test another future vehicle using an LFA prototype shell at this point in time is the best time . The majority of people would never suspect or second guess that this might not be an LFA, especially since the LFA will be going into production soon.

If I was part of Toyota's testing operations, then I could not think of a better way to fool people and throw them off than by testing an unspecified future model using the exterior prototype shell of an LFA.

We don't know 100% either way, but the distinct lack of rear radiators and accompanying fans are a big hint this is very likely not an LFA.
Old 05-02-10, 10:24 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
after listening to the lfa leaving and entering car and coffee, i can assure you if you want the car to be quiet, it can be quiet

the video didn't even show what the exhaust tone is at all. if the driver quickly shift it up to higher gears, yeah right, good luck getting tone from the exhaust
Same thing that I thought.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
^^ Very good observation and probably for another fuel tank for racing.

So in other words that pic probably was just the LFA...
Not likely. See the circular port behind the window? That's where it is fueled.
Old 05-02-10, 11:46 AM
LexFather

All I know is Lexus needs more coupes. Period.
Old 05-02-10, 03:31 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, like an IS-F coupe, a new SC coupe, I remember a few years back there was a lexus GS looking model with only 2 doors testing on the Nurburgring. Anyone remember that? It was black and looked like a previous generation GS coupe?