LFA Model (2012)

My LFA confirmation letter

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-10, 01:32 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,789 Posts

Originally Posted by WofLuxury
Many thanks to the potential LFA owners for sharing all of their stuff with us on this forum! It's almost 2011! Anyone getting his LFA any time soon?
gengar is getting his in february. Hopefully, he will post videos periodically for us.
Old 12-11-10, 02:30 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
gengar is getting his in february. Hopefully, he will post videos periodically for us.
Just to note that the 2/2011 delivery was described to me as only an estimated delivery date - "very tenuous" was the exact phrasing from Lexus, haha. It was based on a mid-to-late January production date, also an estimation of course. Also it depends heavily on how long the shipping takes (both from Japan to Long Beach, and then from there to wherever I take delivery). I'm still waiting on an official production date now that production has actually started - but bottom line, no one really knows until my car actually enters production at LFA Works.

I do plan on going to Japan to take a factory tour at LFA Works since I will be on that side of the world in January, so if I'm really lucky, I guess it's even possible I may see my car in production.
Old 12-11-10, 04:56 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So tell us the color combination you selected, and what your vehicle is supposed to weigh in at. Did you get all the options? Infotainment and all that? How about the 'winglets' at the rear? And what about the wheel finish?
Old 12-12-10, 08:14 AM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They should give you an option to help build the motor or be a part of the build somehow like Chevy is doing with the new ZR1 or whatever it is(extra $5k)

Congrats to all that get to drive and hear that Yamaha tone!
Old 01-18-11, 12:53 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats the word anybody get their lfa yet would like to hear a first hand review lol.
Old 01-19-11, 11:35 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TF109B
So tell us the color combination you selected, and what your vehicle is supposed to weigh in at. Did you get all the options? Infotainment and all that? How about the 'winglets' at the rear? And what about the wheel finish?
Sorry, I missed this post from earlier. I got Pearl Blue with medium silver wheels and black calipers, and mostly black interior except for blue stitching and alcantara blue seatfronts. Nav/ML only (config #2). Winglets and no headlamp washers. No idea on the total weight.

Originally Posted by RyanV
They should give you an option to help build the motor or be a part of the build somehow like Chevy is doing with the new ZR1 or whatever it is(extra $5k)
I don't think I want to be at all involved in the engine building process haha... I'll leave that to the three master craftsmen at Yamaha. I did get to visit the LFA factory while mine was being built, though.
Old 01-23-11, 04:19 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats to those getting an LFA! Such a sweet car I would love to have one someday!
Old 02-17-11, 07:21 PM
TheStigSC
Pole Position

The word Envy and the word Jealousy don't even say enough on how I feel after reading this! But nonetheless, CONGRATS! Hopefully one day I can see one, sit in one, and maybe if an owner at a meet is nice enough, get a ride in one. Would love to live to tell that tale.
Old 03-01-11, 04:52 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats on the LFA.. Love the colour combination you went with.. Well if you are ever passing by the 403 and Dundas by all means send me a PM and pop by my office for a photoshoot..

I`m glad the Canadian orders got added things like the glass block etching, book and letter.. One thing about our dealerships here they do go above and beyond..

Congrats again and hopefully the wait won`t be too long.

All the best,

Ken
Old 03-01-11, 06:17 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2SAVVY
I`m glad the Canadian orders got added things like the glass block etching, book and letter.. One thing about our dealerships here they do go above and beyond..
I got mine last week, just haven't gotten a chance to post about it yet.
Old 03-01-11, 06:20 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gengar
Gengar, the delivery time for your LFA must be getting close since it is March. When are you picking up your's?
Old 03-01-11, 06:34 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Gengar, the delivery time for your LFA must be getting close since it is March. When are you picking up your's?
It was updated to mid-to-late March. The update before that was that it was supposed to hit Long Beach yesterday with an early March delivery, and I'm going to assume that didn't happen.
Old 03-01-11, 07:06 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

It was updated to mid-to-late March. The update before that was that it was supposed to hit Long Beach yesterday with an early March delivery, and I'm going to assume that didn't happen.
Thanks for the update.
Old 03-02-11, 06:45 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2SAVVY
Congrats on the LFA.. Love the colour combination you went with.. Well if you are ever passing by the 403 and Dundas by all means send me a PM and pop by my office for a photoshoot..

Congrats again and hopefully the wait won`t be too long.

All the best,

Ken
Thankyou for the nice wishes. It's all Lexus Canada when it comes to taking care of LFA customers. They are indeed a very nice group of people. I chatted with my dealer yesterday about how rare this car is going to be for this GTA region; the nearest allocation is in Ottawa, a good 5 hours drive away. I can't wait to get it.
Old 03-02-11, 06:48 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Are you getting the glass block too? I just remembered that my block's base is still with Lexus. They've said that they will engrave the car's detail on it once it is confirm. I love this stuff.

Quick Reply: My LFA confirmation letter