Search this Thread

Old 05-10-10, 07:00 PM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Drag Race: 2012 Lexus LFA vs 2010 Nissan GT-R

got this link from another site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5R-oi91bd4

its crazy how the LFA cost $400,000 but just barely beat the GTR. interesting vid and race. Damn i love the sound of the LFA...... both cars resemble each other in a way as well..
Old 05-10-10, 10:37 PM
twanpd4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand that toyota poured an exorbitant amount of money into this cars development and that they aren't even recouping that cost with the retarded price of 400k+ but its almost like when you go so far that its not even worth it any more. I just hope that R+D trickles down into other cars because for 400k im definitely getting a Pagani ZondaR before an LFA even tho the F1 sounding exhaust is sexy as fu(k. U increase the turbo size on the GTR and this race is totally different. I usually hate when ppl say that like do this and do that and then the race is different but 100k vs 400k and 400k looses gets into common sense realm.

/rant
Old 05-10-10, 10:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by twanpd4
I understand that toyota poured an exorbitant amount of money into this cars development and that they aren't even recouping that cost with the retarded price of 400k+ but its almost like when you go so far that its not even worth it any more. I just hope that R+D trickles down into other cars because for 400k im definitely getting a Pagani ZondaR before an LFA even tho the F1 sounding exhaust is sexy as fu(k. U increase the turbo size on the GTR and this race is totally different. I usually hate when ppl say that like do this and do that and then the race is different but 100k vs 400k and 400k looses gets into common sense realm.

/rant
welcome to clublexus

interesting, i didn't know zonda r is even close to be in the same price range as the lfa

http://www.rsportscars.com/pagani/2007-pagani-zonda-r/

just like last i checked, zonda is a 7 figure car.

and really just like you said, don't put mods into play, it's just like saying a modded lfa, you have no idea what it can achieve either. a modded gtr can make a lot of ferrari and other cars doubled its price look stupid too, but then again, people in that market they don't really eye on the gtr
Old 05-12-10, 09:51 AM
Christian8
Pole Position

The LFA barely beat the GTR because of its lack of Launch Control. Let's try this again with a full production version, which will include the launch control. Then let's see how badly the GTR loses.
Old 05-12-10, 02:59 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Thats a pretty good vid,man i love that car.
Old 05-12-10, 03:04 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Christian8
The LFA barely beat the GTR because of its lack of Launch Control. Let's try this again with a full production version, which will include the launch control. Then let's see how badly the GTR loses.
The GTR is an AWD TT 3.8L V6, even a 4.8 N/A V10 with launch control can't beat the GTR off the line that easy. Don't get me wrong I love the LFA but the GTR is no slouch either. I'm hoping UGR or someone gets a LFA and does a TT kit
Old 05-12-10, 08:35 PM
Pspice
Lead Lap

love that vid
Old 05-12-10, 09:04 PM
Christian8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cherplex
The GTR is an AWD TT 3.8L V6, even a 4.8 N/A V10 with launch control can't beat the GTR off the line that easy. Don't get me wrong I love the LFA but the GTR is no slouch either. I'm hoping UGR or someone gets a LFA and does a TT kit
oh I don't doubt the GTR's abilities. I personally do not like the GTR that much. I know that off the line, it will beat the LFA, launch control or not, but LC should help the LFA by preventing it from having such a crappy launch that can cost it a couple of tenths in the long run. Now, a tt LFA should be sick.
Old 05-12-10, 09:09 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cherplex
Mmmm compression is kinda high, but then titanium/forged Al and 9000 rpm is nothing to sneeze at. Heck, I think I'd jizz all over myself at the sight/sound of a TT LFA

It'd sound like all the demons were let loose from hell!... Probably be faster than whoever they were chasing too!! lol.
Old 05-12-10, 09:28 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tjmhillz
got this link from another site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5R-oi91bd4

its crazy how the LFA cost $400,000 but just barely beat the GTR. interesting vid and race. Damn i love the sound of the LFA...... both cars resemble each other in a way as well..
Originally Posted by twanpd4

/rant
It is crazy how a civic which cost 3 times less than a GTR beats this GTR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKK6kgDdPE4

I am getting a civic for my next car, then I can beat anyone.

Oh thats right, it is not all about performance...
Old 05-12-10, 11:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

lol ouch dave, that's gonna hurt
Old 05-13-10, 05:31 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I really can't say rather the LFA is overprice or not. I usually try to refrain from talking about things I can't afford. But I must say Nissan did an excellent job with the GTR. I seen some videos on you.tube that has blowing my mind. I can't believe how fast that car is for 85k.
Old 05-13-10, 10:21 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

None of these car can beat my supercharged grocery cart.

LFA & GTR, two different cars from different planet. I'd like to see how the LFA will do with just an 50 extra HP...it's a masterpiece.
Old 05-13-10, 12:33 PM
venom21
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If only the LFA had 50 or so more HP, slightly faster acceleration and about 10-15 MPH higher top speed, you would hear absolutely nothing about the price. Without that, mostly everyone outside this forum will point straight to the price.
Old 05-13-10, 01:15 PM
LexFather

I knew I was always going to get get a Civic A spec Type R GTR!

Quick Reply: Drag Race: 2012 Lexus LFA vs 2010 Nissan GT-R