LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-10, 02:07 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
I can only quoted what was given to me. When is the cutoff for ordering in the US?
There is no stated cutoff for ordering in the US. They only provided ordering date "guidelines", which were dates which they suggested ordering by for a certain approximate delivery time in 2011, but as I mentioned in this post on another thread on this board, they've had to revise these because the rate of LFA orders exceeded their expectations.

I do know that there are some buyers who were given first-round allocations who still have not placed their orders, so Lexus seems more than happy to give at least several months for that second deposit.

In Canada, we have to make the second deposit BEFORE ordering.
Same as in the US. My point is that because the initial deposit is refundable, cars probably can't be considered "sold" until at least the second deposit placed with the order (which is nonrefundable in the US).
Old 06-11-10, 02:26 PM
Keppie
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spoke with Lexus Corp this week and the allocation has been shifted so more deposits can be placed on US cars. I agree that a deposit and a final sale are different but I think 90% or more of the buyers will take delivery.

I am not a potential buyer although I wish I was.
Old 06-11-10, 02:39 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

The 170 number was set for the US during the worldwide allocations (not a change).

I was told Europe was weak (from the requests received during the inquiry period) and the US got extras above the original 150 target.

My paperwork did not mention deposits were not refundable after the $50K second deposit. That may have been a lesson learned they implemented after the first round of allocation letters went out.
Old 06-11-10, 03:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Well that could be true. However, if not all 150 original units were confirmed orders, and they exhausted the original potential customer list, then it looks like they are taking quite a risk accepting 21 more units.
We've all read here that there are big demands back in Japan for the LFA.
well that's the argument i have put up since the day they more cars allocated to the US and not all cars are sold here yet. it was pretty contradicting considering the demand they claimed. and considering that the demand in japan is so high, why not allocate cars to japan. at least get dave600hl a car

to be very honest, everything i read / receive, they are just information given by lexus. i am not saying i don't trust them, but at the same time i am taking everything with a grain of salt and trying to think about what's going on

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
The 170 number was set for the US during the worldwide allocations (not a change).

I was told Europe was weak (from the requests received during the inquiry period) and the US got extras above the original 150 target.

My paperwork did not mention deposits were not refundable after the $50K second deposit. That may have been a lesson learned they implemented after the first round of allocation letters went out.
that's pretty interesting you said europe was weak. somehow i got the impression from the article that all europe cars are sold and it's especially strong inside germany

if they do implement new rules about people backing out after 50k by making that non-refundable, i wonder if that means they are seeing a lot of drop-outs?
Old 06-11-10, 05:25 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Every company spins their story. Talk about the victories and leave the soft stuff out.

Germany is a way better place for the car than the US based on the ring and the Autobahn so I am glad many of these cars will call the place home.
Old 06-12-10, 10:20 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
There is no stated cutoff for ordering in the US. They only provided ordering date "guidelines", which were dates which they suggested ordering by for a certain approximate delivery time in 2011, but as I mentioned in this post on another thread on this board, they've had to revise these because the rate of LFA orders exceeded their expectations.

I do know that there are some buyers who were given first-round allocations who still have not placed their orders, so Lexus seems more than happy to give at least several months for that second deposit.
I think you're right that the order cutoff point is a few months away . Apparently, I have asked to receive my LFA in 2012, so Lexus Canada took my requested configuration and will place my order with Japan in a few months. All this info was in my order confirmation email, that I did not bother to read carefully.
Old 06-12-10, 10:23 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Every company spins their story. Talk about the victories and leave the soft stuff out.

Germany is a way better place for the car than the US based on the ring and the Autobahn so I am glad many of these cars will call the place home.
Yep, I think Lexus would like it a lot if they can get more respect over in Europe. However, I think the logic for the original allocation numbers was based on how many Lexus car sold in previous years.
Old 06-12-10, 03:07 PM
Akachan LS
Driver

Originally Posted by someboy
No matter how good the corvettes look from the outside or how fast they go. Their interior is dull and boring, the material they use on their interior is just uninteresting and the design is bad. while the interior of the LF-A is far more appealing compared to other super cars, i believe it's exterior look beats the corvette also. I have seen a lot of super car's interior are very unattractive. LF-A definitely has one of the most attractive interior.
Some months ago, I saw a video where they showed where and how Corvettes were being built. I was totally unimpressed. I know the cars are supposed to be hand assembled, but the factory looked very archaic, and the methods used to put the car together looked very archaic as well. Workers haphazardly beat parts into place. Many areas were dimly lit and somewhat tacky, messy if not downright dirty. Not exactly a place where one would expect a supercar to be built.