LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA production begins!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-10, 04:32 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Lexus LFA production begins!

Just FYI, production has commenced, according to an announcement from Lexus USA. For those of us who have been waiting for many years for this car, this is truly a great moment. We can now officially lay to rest any fears that this project, like so many projects from other automakers of similar ambition and aspiration, might all just be vaporware (and if we're feeling mean-spirited enough, now we can start making fun of other companies' true vaporware projects... haha).

Lexus is expecting an average of one LFA to roll off the LFA Works production line per day (I assume they mean per production operating day, although who knows... maybe they'll get these 500 out fast), and Lexus USA is expecting on average about 7 of these per month to be US orders.

I haven't gotten official confirmation on my estimated delivery date yet... it'd be nice to know my position in line and just divide that by 7.
Old 12-09-10, 08:47 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

Sweet!

Now if they could release some official test results.
Old 12-09-10, 10:47 PM
LexusMan77
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its production process should be detailed on National Geographic like the R8 and the Veyron.
Old 12-10-10, 08:44 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks gengar this is truly spectacular news.

Can't wait to start seeing posts of people taking delivery, yourself included of course!
Old 12-10-10, 08:56 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good man. Congrats.

Anybody taking delivery of a Nurburgring edition in black willing to sell up at price in two years?

Old 12-10-10, 02:48 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd love to see that Mr F1, the Nurb edition would be my choice.
Old 12-10-10, 03:12 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Gengar, thanks for sharing, I really appreciate it. Better not disappear from CL once you get the LFA! we know it is going to be fun but you have to report back.
Old 12-10-10, 06:19 PM
LexFather

Awesome news, thanks for the update! Congrats Lexus and thanks for having the ***** to produce the LFA!

Can't wait to see what owners have picked!
Old 12-10-10, 09:16 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

When you take delivery of your LFA, will you please keep us up to date with your experience through pictures, videos and journals??? Please do let us know if you plan on doing that.

I mean, that is the closest and most intimate we will ever get to knowing how it feels like to own such a masterpiece exotic car.
Old 12-10-10, 09:56 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats, keep us updated.
Old 12-11-10, 02:26 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by G Star
Gengar, thanks for sharing, I really appreciate it. Better not disappear from CL once you get the LFA! we know it is going to be fun but you have to report back.
I've been around Club Lexus ever since I found this site when I was thinking about buying an IS-F back in 2008 (and look where we've gone from there). Definitely not going anywhere!

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
When you take delivery of your LFA, will you please keep us up to date with your experience through pictures, videos and journals??? Please do let us know if you plan on doing that.
Yes, absolutely. I tend to keep pretty low key about this kind of stuff (and about stuff in general, really) - but when I first batted around buying the LFA, several Club Lexus members expressed to me how much they would enjoy reading about my experiences going through the buying process, which is the only reason I post about it at all. Knowing how much other members value that, I'm glad to share, in part to try to give back to this community since I've picked up so much knowledge from this place over the last couple years.

Last edited by gengar; 12-11-10 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-11-10, 08:07 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you so much. I really hope you do keep journals, make videos from the time to time and write reviews of your experience of owning this masterpiece as it would be the funnest part as a fan of LFA to experience short of owning the car.

Originally Posted by gengar
I've been around Club Lexus ever since I found this site when I was thinking about buying an IS-F back in 2008 (and look where we've gone from there). Definitely not going anywhere!

Yes, absolutely. I tend to keep pretty low key about this kind of stuff (and about stuff in general, really) - but when I first batted around buying the LFA, several Club Lexus members expressed to me how much they would enjoy reading about my experiences going through the buying process, which is the only reason I post about it at all. Knowing how much other members value that, I'm glad to share, in part to try to give back to this community since I've picked up so much knowledge from this place over the last couple years.
Old 12-17-10, 02:48 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

BTW, according to new stuff I've read from Lexus USA, the first LFA actually was completed on 12/1. I don't know how many of the initial LFAs off the line at LFA Works are headed to the US, but if they are, we should be seeing them rather soon...
Old 12-17-10, 10:52 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
BTW, according to new stuff I've read from Lexus USA, the first LFA actually was completed on 12/1. I don't know how many of the initial LFAs off the line at LFA Works are headed to the US, but if they are, we should be seeing them rather soon...
That's really not anything new. It's been known since last year that the LFA production starts this month and first deliveries are to come approximately in January 2011.
Old 12-17-10, 11:25 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

A completed unit on Dec 1 would mean they moved production
up to November

I would have to believe the first few go to
big cheeses at Toyota and to museums

I wonder what will happen to the prototypes

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA production begins!