LFA Model (2012)

Heard My Lexus Dealer Has 2 LFA's Arriving For Their Customers.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-11, 05:02 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,475 Likes on 1,780 Posts

Sweet!!

Please do take some pictures of them getting delivered to the customers.

p.s. I think you meant the 'orange' one. The yellow LFA has always had yellow as its exterior color. The 'orange' one got re-painted twice.

Originally Posted by Rockville
We are getting two at Rockville as stated above. These are individual enthusiasts and both are multiple Lexus owners. We should see them by the end of February. They have to arrive first on the West Coast and then transported to the East.

We were lucky to ride in the same LFA in the commercial that has changed color twice from its original Stealth Black to White to Yellow now. The sound is glorious in the cockpit. It revs out really fast and then the pavement just starts to blur...We peaked at 165 on the backstretch at NJ Motorsports but it was very stable and not jittery. All of those testing laps in the Ring by Naruse were well worth it.....

Rock
Old 01-21-11, 09:42 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

We are getting two at Rockville as stated above. These are individual enthusiasts and both are multiple Lexus owners. We should see them by the end of February. They have to arrive first on the West Coast and then transported to the East.

We were lucky to ride in the same LFA in the commercial that has changed color twice from its original Stealth Black to White to Yellow now. The sound is glorious in the cockpit. It revs out really fast and then the pavement just starts to blur...We peaked at 165 on the backstretch at NJ Motorsports but it was very stable and not jittery. All of those testing laps in the Ring by Naruse were well worth it.....

Rock
Wow long time no see. Hows it going! Yeah those 2 prototype LFAs have seen some mileage...and seen a lot of states in a short period of time.
Old 01-22-11, 10:03 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

You know what's interesting about Rocks story....

Is that this is now the second time I heard it this week.

For some reason, the Lexus Rep(s) that travel with the Pearl Yellow LFA are saying that it was first Matte Black, then White and now its Yellow...

I am not sure how these Lexus LFA reps get their info wrong...

The other location where I heard this happen was at JM Lexus LFA preview.

Don't they know the Pearl Yellow LFA came straight from Japan already painted Pearl Yellow??? (Unless its a repainted prototype from Japan?)

It's a know fact that the Matte Black LFA, was painted Pearl Wite, then repainted Pearl Gray and recently repainted Orange.

Joe Z

Somtimes I wonder why I am not working for Lexus HQ......

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
p.s. I think you meant the 'orange' one. The yellow LFA has always had yellow as its exterior color. The 'orange' one got re-painted twice.

We were lucky to ride in the same LFA in the commercial that has changed color twice from its original Stealth Black to White to Yellow now. The sound is glorious in the cockpit. ......

Rock

Last edited by Joe Z; 01-22-11 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-22-11, 06:01 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,475 Likes on 1,780 Posts

That is surprising considering yellow LFA landed as yellow LFA back in early August 2010.

I mean, the interior trim should easily tell them which one is which.

Originally Posted by Joe Z

For some reason, the Lexus Rep(s) that travel with the Pearl Yellow LFA are saying that it was first Matte Black, then White and now its Yellow...

Don't they know the Pearl Yellow LFA came straight from Japan already painted Pearl Yellow??? (Unless its a repainted prototype from Japan?)

It's a know fact that the Matte Black LFA, was painted Pearl Wite, then repainted Pearl Gray and recently repainted Orange.

Joe Z

Old 01-24-11, 05:51 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Joe Z

Joe Z

Wow Joe, you were in Florida when they said this?
Old 01-24-11, 09:37 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by flipside909
Wow Joe, you were in Florida when they said this?
I clearly wrote this is the second time I heard the same story said exactly the same way...

Doubt it's a coincidence at this point.

For the record I was not in Flordia, but plenty of other people were...

Joe Z
Old 01-25-11, 04:40 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
That is surprising considering yellow LFA landed as yellow LFA back in early August 2010.

I mean, the interior trim should easily tell them which one is which.
They have changed the trim in the repainted LFA as well.

Matte Black -> White -> Grey -> Orange. IIRC they changed the trim when going to grey.

Perhaps the confusion is because the Orange looks close to Yellow in some pics?
Old 01-25-11, 07:09 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by MR_F1
They have changed the trim in the repainted LFA as well.

Matte Black -> White -> Grey -> Orange. IIRC they changed the trim when going to grey.

Perhaps the confusion is because the Orange looks close to Yellow in some pics?
Yeah in the pics it will vary because color balance is going to always be off, especially in lighting conditions.

The easiest way to tell which car is which from afar is by looking at the brake caliper colors. Up close, the easiest way to tell is by looking at the "F" on the fender whether if it's embossed into the fender or the winglets in the back are the screwed on version or the close to production version.

As for the interior, the Flat Black/Starfire/Pearl Gray/Orange LFA was once white with black accents. The latest version is tan/camel yellow. The Yellow car is Black Alcantara.