LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package to Debut at Geneva Auto Show (March 3rd, 2011)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-11, 04:58 PM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jpvarghese
That's what I'm hoping to find out through you when you get to Infineon! Personally, I think that if the LFA had the right 'numbers', there wouldn't be such a fuss about it. I know its beating a dead horse and I don't care for such statistics, but it is important nonetheless. I already appreciate the car for what it is, and since it's out of my league, I could care less about the price.

As far as I can tell Lexus is respected worldwide for its quality, reliability, refinement, value and service. This is expected and people are willing to pay for that. The LFA was supposed to change the image of Lexus from bland to exciting, while retaining everything Lexus stood for. It did that.........for the most part. Although, at this level, all rationality is thrown out the window, how is Lexus addressing 'value' when cars like the Aventador, which had similar expectations in its inception, are coming out? What could possibly be their selling point? I don't know if they are in a rush to sell the remaining allocation, but I don't doubt that it is in their best interest to do so as soon as they can. Upon speaking with a few exotic owners with a stable of Italian and German cars, their rationale for not getting the Lexus is that "it's not worth it." Call them snobs, but is it possible that they have a point?
Not sure if the Lexus reps at this driver development event would have this type of info.
While I can't speak for other LFA buyers, much of the value I see in the LFA is its exclusivity. There will be thousands of 458's and perhap Aventadors by the time their production runs ended. Also there will be special editions this and that just like the current and past models. On top of this, the LFA is a true exotic that is not from Europe; that is a huge plus in my book.
When I looked at the LFA, I already knew that it would not be a drag strip monster, or that it would out perform anything from Europe. As long as it can hold its own as an exotic supercar, that would be enough for me.
I think I've said this before, the LFA is special because it represents the best efforts that was not directly motivated by profit. It's something that other exotic makers can never touch.
Old 02-28-11, 04:59 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
For the LFA to be as reliable as any other Lexus, well that is simply unheard of in the exotic supercar market, even looking at the latest and newest supercars out there.
Not arguing that. Lexus reliable is a feat on its own. I wonder what the cost of ownership will be like for maintenance, replaceables, and what intervals of service as required.
Old 02-28-11, 05:07 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
As long as it can hold its own as an exotic supercar, that would be enough for me.
I think I've said this before, the LFA is special because it represents the best efforts that was not directly motivated by profit. It's something that other exotic makers can never touch.
I appreciate the honest response. Now if all exotic owners were as down to Earth, things wouldn't get as out of hand as it has. I just think the collective group of individuals with this mindset is a minority and need to be represented more. I hope you enjoy the whole experience with no regrets, sir!
Old 02-28-11, 05:10 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Not arguing that. Lexus reliable is a feat on its own. I wonder what the cost of ownership will be like for maintenance, replaceables, and what intervals of service as required.
The maintenance interval for the LFA amazingly is better than other Lexus models. All Lexus models have a regular service interval of 6 months or 5,000 miles.

Looking at the warranty data for the LFA, the regular maintenance interval is 12 months or 6,000 miles.

The oil change interval is 24 months or 6,000 miles.

For an exotic supercar, I think such maintenance intervals are unheard-of.
Old 02-28-11, 05:58 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Let me sum up the car, if I may. The LFA is the lady you marry. Conservative, good mannered, faithful, and tasteful. The others are the ones you fulfill your lust and wildest fantasies with. She's opulent, the talk of the town, desired, voluptuous, and seductive, but can get you in trouble. She's dumped when something better pops up. Fair assessment?
Old 02-28-11, 05:59 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Let me sum up the car, if I may. The LFA is the lady you marry. Conservative, good mannered, faithful, and tasteful. The others are the ones you fulfill your lust and wildest fantasies with. She's opulent, the talk of the town, desired, voluptuous, but can get you in trouble. She's dumped when something better pops up. Fair assessment?
Not sure how this is applicable at all to the discussion, but I disagree and have no further comment regarding this.
Old 02-28-11, 06:01 PM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

I appreciate the honest response. Now if all exotic owners were as down to Earth, things wouldn't get as out of hand as it has. I just think the collective group of individuals with this mindset is a minority and need to be represented more. I hope you enjoy the whole experience with no regrets, sir!
I am not trying to direct attention to me. Just my way of saying that Lexus has managed to create a niche for its exotic cars.
Old 02-28-11, 06:05 PM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Let me sum up the car, if I may. The LFA is the lady you marry. Conservative, good mannered, faithful, and tasteful. The others are the ones you fulfill your lust and wildest fantasies with. She's opulent, the talk of the town, desired, voluptuous, and seductive, but can get you in trouble. She's dumped when something better pops up. Fair assessment?
It's the other way around I think.
Old 03-01-11, 03:17 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

According to Automobile Mag http://rumors.automobilemag.com/gene...and-21907.html- no fewer than 15 of the N-Edtion's are coming to the U.S. too bad the one's over here wont get the carbon fiber center console or seats or doors according to them. What's the deal with that? Crash standards or something? Stupid SUVS and crap, isn't that why the crash laws are more strict over here?
Old 03-01-11, 03:50 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I am sorry if this is old infos:

Potenza RE070 on the Nürburgring Edition.

Old 03-01-11, 06:01 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Should have put some RE55's on that baby. Haha, it'd cream the competition for sure!
Old 03-01-11, 10:31 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by BNR34
I am sorry if this is old infos:

Potenza RE070 on the Nürburgring Edition.
Already noted... But great photo !!!!

Here it is on the turntable...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJaBslIr6BM

And for all you ITALIAN speaking LFA lovers.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVrDHpJS6LA

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 03-01-11 at 10:38 PM.
Old 03-02-11, 12:11 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Thought it was lowered by 10mm? Doesn't it look like it's been raised? If you look at the spy shots from a few months back, the car was WAY lower. Maybe it just gets sucked to the ground with the downforce at speed, either that or this car is just a show vehicle and the suspension is raised. At least it looks that way to me.
Old 03-02-11, 02:06 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TF109B
Thought it was lowered by 10mm? Doesn't it look like it's been raised? If you look at the spy shots from a few months back, the car was WAY lower. Maybe it just gets sucked to the ground with the downforce at speed, either that or this car is just a show vehicle and the suspension is raised. At least it looks that way to me.
Yes, the car is supposed to be 10mm lower than a regular LFA.
Old 03-02-11, 12:25 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

I realize that, but the show car actually looks like it's ride height is higher. Maybe the tires are smaller? I don't think there's any difference in tire/wheel size- but to me the car just looks higher than normal.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package to Debut at Geneva Auto Show (March 3rd, 2011)