LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package to Debut at Geneva Auto Show (March 3rd, 2011)

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-11, 01:58 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

Mesh wheels always give the "illusion" of being smaller than spoked tires. In the pictures, the fender gaps are smaller than the standard LFA from what I could see.

Originally Posted by TF109B
I realize that, but the show car actually looks like it's ride height is higher. Maybe the tires are smaller? I don't think there's any difference in tire/wheel size- but to me the car just looks higher than normal.
Old 03-02-11, 02:15 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

pics of the car @ the 2011 Geneva Motorshow

Old 03-02-11, 03:57 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think the wheels look smaller, I think it was probably just certain angles that the photos were taken. Seeing as how it sits up on the platform, it could be that's the case.
Old 03-02-11, 04:20 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why no video of this parading around the ring? Why no info on the ring time? Why no video of it taking the class win @ the N24? Why isn't it called "Naruse Edition" or whatever? I mean... I love it... but with absolutely 0 fan fare I have to wonder.... what the hell is the point of this package other than to run up the price a further $70k?
Old 03-02-11, 05:05 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

You must not pay much attention. You get a full year's pass to the Nurburgring, plus driving instructions, plus a nights stay, plus increased performance, plus increased shift speeds, plus one of the rarest cars in the world...

Should I go on? Why would it be named Naruse Edition? Yeah he died in the prototype of the car, but before he even died it was to be named the Nurburgring edition because this is basically almost the same car that won the SP8 class at the N24 race in 2010. I guess you missed that part. While Naruse was a big part of the LFA, it's more of a tribute to the fact they took victory at the 24hour race. I'm sure more details will emerge. We still don't even have a Nurburgring time for the 'regular' LFA.
Old 03-02-11, 06:00 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Very very disappointed why Lexus did not hold a press conference and pay tribute to Naruse. Nothing about him on a car he died perfecting.

Lexus called it Nurburgring edition, yet told nothing about its credentials around Nurburgring. That is not going to win Lexus any admirers.

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Why no video of this parading around the ring? Why no info on the ring time? Why no video of it taking the class win @ the N24? Why isn't it called "Naruse Edition" or whatever? I mean... I love it... but with absolutely 0 fan fare I have to wonder.... what the hell is the point of this package other than to run up the price a further $70k?
Old 03-02-11, 06:36 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Give 'em a break, I doubt anyone there even cared about a Ring time or who died making the car. All it was, was a release of what the car would offer and look like. They didn't release any information about lap times of the regular LFA either. What makes you think they were going to do this one any different? It's really a 'package' like they say. You get a year long pass at the 'Ring, drivers training, etc. maybe we'll see some vids when they take the people for a ride? Weve seen some vids of the LFA at Infineon, I'm betting we'll see some there too.
Old 03-02-11, 06:50 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

They didn't release any information about lap times of the regular LFA either. What makes you think they were going to do this one any different?
I dunno. Something about it being the "Nurburgring edition" could be the big throwaway. BTW, how old are you?
Old 03-02-11, 06:59 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jpvarghese
I dunno. Something about it being the "Nurburgring edition" could be the big throwaway. BTW, how old are you?
Probably 18

You must not pay much attention. You get a full year's pass to the Nurburgring, plus driving instructions, plus a nights stay, plus increased performance, plus increased shift speeds, plus one of the rarest cars in the world...
Hey, You don't name a car after the worlds most bad *** track in the world for driving instructions and a year round pass. Where are the credentials? that's what i'm asking for. I'm one of the LFA's biggest supporters, but lets be real here. This is where Lexus needs to put the numbers where it's mouth is. I appreciate that this probably is noticeably faster than the standard LFA around the ring. I see the perks, the exclusivity. I'm not criticizing the price. I'm asking Lexus, WTF is wrong with them and WHERE IS MY VIDEO OF A GOD DAMNED SUB 7:20 LAPTIME. [/rant]
Old 03-02-11, 07:06 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Unfortunately, as much as I always can diss factory test numbers as marketing stunts, these days they do all the talking and always are the key factors that people remember a super exotic like LFA by. That is what proves the prowess and is the solid prove beyond a doubt that it is one of the greatest supercars of all times.

Pagani, Ferrari, Porsche. You name it and they all put down their numbers for 599 GTO, GT2 RS, Zonda R etc.
Old 03-02-11, 08:09 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jpvarghese
Old enough, what's it to you anyway? You looking for a date with me or something, what's my age have any relevance to my comment?

Probably 18
Which seems older than the crap you put out

Hey, You don't name a car after the worlds most bad *** track in the world for driving instructions and a year round pass. Where are the credentials? that's what i'm asking for. I'm one of the LFA's biggest supporters, but lets be real here. This is where Lexus needs to put the numbers where it's mouth is. I appreciate that this probably is noticeably faster than the standard LFA around the ring. I see the perks, the exclusivity. I'm not criticizing the price. I'm asking Lexus, WTF is wrong with them and WHERE IS MY VIDEO OF A GOD DAMNED SUB 7:20 LAPTIME. [/rant]
They named it Nurburgring edtion because of their class win there in 2010's N24 race. Didn't I say that before? I must only be '18' because I'm not concerned they didn't put out a lap time and video at a freakin' auto show! How dare I post facts that Lexus themselves even stated! I should complain to Lexus to show us a video of the car putting the track records to shame!

Where's the common sense when you need it?
Old 03-02-11, 09:27 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

^^^

Look, I hope you understand what that means. No proof, no case.

That means the facts do all the talking. We can sit here and say this or that great things about the Nurburgring edition, but unless there is solid proof that it can match up to the likes of 599 GTO or GT2 RS, it will never be accepted as a legit competitor for these cars simply because there is no proof to back it up.

People can diss all they want, but no one can deny facts. That alone could make it one of the greatest supercars of all times. Otherwise, in a few years it will just be forgotten.

Again, solid facts and proof do all the talking. Lexus wants this to be a halo car, yet refuses to give solid proof that this car performs up to the level of what the premium Lexus is charging should suggest and other cars in this price range do. It is critical especially for Lexus who is completely new in this game.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 03-02-11 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-02-11, 10:59 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

What was the McLaren F1's Nurburgring lap time? How about the Ferrari Enzo? How about the Carrera GT or the Bugatti EB110? They sell those cars with a disclaimer saying 'hey we set such and such a record at this track'? No. LFA won't be forgotten because it didn't come out boasting some unobtainable by the public lap time that on top of it hardly anyone will even attempt or ever match. The GTR did that crap and it still gets dissed. How is that? Come on now. You know as well as anyone here that all that crap is random. You'll never get 7:20 at the Ring unless you're a professional driver with the best tires and best conditions. What solid proof do you think it's doing with the programs where it invites the public to see the LFA and even hot lap it? You're reading way too much into 'lap times' as benchmarks for a cars' worthiness. You're not going to see LFA owners lapping the ring. I donno who you're kidding with that one. While it'd be great to see what they could achieve with it, I'm pretty sure they're leaving it to the drivers and training them to see what THEY the OWNERS can do with it. You say they 'refuse' to give proof, what does winning the N24 in SP8 class last year qualify as? That's not proof enough that the car in street trim lasted a whole 24 hour race and placed in the top 25 amongst race cars? How is that not proof? Lap times are great but for what? If the car is near sold out what's it matter to Lexus what lap times they are doing? They just came out with the LFA anyway. The production cars just started being delivered in January. There isn't even any Nurburgring editions on the road yet. Maybe we should wait off a little while before we start saying things like they aren't going to do any marketing for the car. It was just shown off for the first time yesterday at an auto show.
Old 03-02-11, 11:41 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Seize
pics of the car @ the 2011 Geneva Motorshow

Gorgeous!
Old 03-03-11, 12:14 AM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

(blob of writing)
Same arguments can be and have been used for the standard car. Any indication of improvement is useful before it gets butchered by the media.

Last edited by jpvarghese; 03-03-11 at 12:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package to Debut at Geneva Auto Show (March 3rd, 2011)