LFA Model (2012)

First ever Lexus LFA Launch control demonstration 0 - 260 km/h

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-11, 11:24 AM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you kidding me? Even when I show you a link directly from the manufacturer, you still don't see it? Depending on what racing venue you are talking about, go check out the rules about about these type of gearboxes in Formula 1 and other racing sanctioned by the FIA.

For privateers, there aren't aftermarket double-clutch gearboxes available. Either it came with your car, or you have to custom spec one out. FYI, the unit from the GT-R and Veyron, cost $20k and $125k, respectively. That's not including the computers to control it. The gearbox is recently becoming mainstream and costs will come down over time.

And you want proof of the advantages. Here you go. The blue line records longitudinal acceleration. The kink is where the shifts occur. Look at the kink and the change in velocity between both types of gearboxes. This is a common test among the Euro boards. 60-130 mph.
F430 F1 gearbox

M5 SMG

GTR w/DSG

M3 DCT

997.2 Turbo PDK

Ferrari Italia

Please tell me what advantages a single clutch transmission has. I'm sorry for being rude, but you cannot state things without supporting evidence.

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
You are rude and insulting, really! The weight distribution proves it is identical to Lexus LFA. The source you quoted actually disproved what you were saying. Both cars have 52% rear and 48% front. How many times would I have to repeat myself??

Where is your proof that the reason why it is not used in racing is because of cost and rules??? I would like to see that.

How do you explain the LP550-2 not losing any ground in a drag race with the 458 Italia during shifts. Everytime the LP550-2 shifted up, it never fell back even once.

I stand by my argument that the single-clutch has its own advantages over the double-clutch.

Last edited by jpvarghese; 02-16-11 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-16-11, 11:42 AM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

OK, I stand corrected on that one. I will remove it from my comment. However, I personally believe it works more effectively in rear engine layout where the engine hangs behind the rear axle like in the case of Porsche 911s.

However, watch this video of a SLS AMG versus 458 Italia drag race. The 458 Italia never gets much advantage at any point due to the more rear bias weight distribution.
The advantage of a rear heavy car comes at launch. It is more clearly seen in Porsches. Although the Italia is technically a mid-engined car, having the engine stradled in the back with a little more rear-bias helps with traction. This is not the same as having radiators and such in the back to balance out the weight. The concentration of weight is different than the distribution of it in the rear. There is no way a LFA will out launch and out accelerate the Italia. I know you love the car, but this is almost certain.

WRT the above video, both cars are equipped with a double clutch unit. What are you trying to prove? The rear-mid engined Italia already outlaunches it.
Old 02-16-11, 11:49 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,464 Likes on 1,771 Posts

Like I said before, I never claimed LFA will outlaunch the 458 Italia in a straight line. Nor am I claiming it is faster in a straight line.

I have a video of a single-clutch LP550-2 versus the 458 Italia upto 300 km/h and never once did the single-clutch LP550-2 lose any ground to the 458 Italia during shifts. The differences in real world are negligible.

Both cars much like this SLS AMG and 458 Italia video I posted were neck and neck all the way to 300 km/h. Neither gaining nor losing any ground to the other.

It goes regardless of LFA. I am not fan of double-clutch transmission for various reasons. It has been since before LFA came out. It feels too automatic like. I like the single-clutch design far more especially on the race track.

My point is, in real life single-clutch has its own advantages one of which is more consistent shift times.

Also, AutoZeitung tested the Lexus LFA vs SLS AMG and both cars were neck and neck in all acceleration tests. LFA was 0.1 secs slower to 60 mph since the prototype did not have launch control, but both cars were neck and neck at high speeds.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lfa...s-sls-amg.html

I posted in my previous posted this:'

The main disadvantage is single clutch being less efficient and a bit clunky in daily driving and having worse fuel economy. The fact that you refused to acknowledge how double clutch tries to predicts the next gear you will use and prepares the disengaged clutch for the next shift explains a lot. That is the whole point of having two clutches with one handling odd gears and the other handling even gears, which works well as long as you do what the computer expects you to otherwise, it throws the computer in a big limbo.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 02-16-11 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-16-11, 12:02 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Your gripes with the double-clutch box makes no sense since the same can be said about the single clutch. Consistent shift times? WTF? Have you driven a car with either gearboxes? You can't even compare the two, even for daily driving. Where are you getting your information from? You can continue to try and 'one-up' me, but this is getting ridiculous.

I show you an acceleration and velocity chart with a visible difference. You show me a video. You see that the Lambo doesn't lose composer b/w shifts and conclude that the difference is negligible. I can show you a thousand videos where it wouldn't be, but datalogs don't lie. Here's a good one. Twin turbo Gallardo E-gear vs. modified GTR. Single clutch vs. Double clutch. Circa same hp with massive weight difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vafdWLS-enk

Look what happens after each shift.
Old 02-16-11, 12:09 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Talk about new LP550-2, LP560-4 or LP570-4. Don't talk about old gallardos with ancient e-gears. They were horribly inefficient just like the older BMW SMG I, II and III transmissions and had slow shift times. The single clutch these days are far improved and faster like night and day over the old days with shift times consistently less than 200 ms.

p.s. Yes, I have driven a BMW M3 E90 sedan with M-DCT transmission.

Automobile magazine, September 2010 LFA vs SLS AMG

"In our tests, these two supercars are separated by one-tenth of a second in the 0-to-60-mph sprint, where red eclipses white by completing the task in 3.8 versus 3.9 seconds. In actuality, it's all down to tire wear, tire temperature, surface quality, and launch success. Both vehicles must shift once before they exceed the 60-mph mark, and even after a dozen or so full-throttle side-by-side sprints, the results were pretty much a dead heat."

Originally Posted by jpvarghese
Your gripes with the double-clutch box makes no sense since the same can be said about the single clutch. Consistent shift times? WTF? Have you driven a car with either gearboxes? You can't even compare the two, even for daily driving. Where are you getting your information from? You can continue to try and 'one-up' me, but this is getting ridiculous.

I show you an acceleration and velocity chart with a visible difference. You show me a video. You see that the Lambo doesn't lose composer b/w shifts and conclude that the difference is negligible. I can show you a thousand videos where it wouldn't be, but datalogs don't lie. Here's a good one. Twin turbo Gallardo E-gear vs. modified GTR. Single clutch vs. Double clutch. Circa same hp with massive weight difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vafdWLS-enk

Look what happens after each shift.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-16-11 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-16-11, 01:08 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Let me summarize for you what you've said here.
You are incorrect on just about everything. That video just showed LFA doing 0 - 260 km/h in 19.x seconds with a bad launch.
Basing real-world results from a speedometer and comparing it to measured results from other cars.

I did a detailed analysis of torque curves of both cars and LFA's torque under the curve was much higher than the 458 Italia where LFA makes over 90% of its torque at every rpm from 3000 - 9500 rpm and also LFA had a 500 rpm higher limit on the dynos than the 458 Italia, which only produced more torque from 3500 - 4000 rpm. You completely ignored the advantages that LFA has over 458.
Did not for once provide the charts showing this, but continued to mention marketing fluff from Lexus.com.

You are talking about fancy torque vectoring differential yet, the far more important thing is the chassis balance
Apples to orange comparison. Apples to apples would be an E-diff vs. LSD.

The advantage is in the upper ranges where LFA makes more torque than the 458 Italia between 7000 - 9500 rpm (458 Italia hits limit at 9000 rpm) as 458 Italia's torque starts falling while LFA's torque continues to stay flat uptill 9500 rpm. 458 Italia only makes more torque in the midrange between 3500 - 4000 rpm.
Now if I understand you correctly, the LFA makes more torque than the Italia in the upper rpm band. Knowing that hp is a function of tq, you are also implying that the LFA makes more power than the Italia although the factory and quarter-mile tests show that Italia makes more. I provide you a video from an owner. No dyno charts from you.

Also, look up official documentation. LFA and 458 Italia both have 52% rear and 48% front weight distribution.
458 Italia has 52% rear bias just like LFA. They both have almost identical rear bias unless you quote a source with higher number.
Repeated at least 3 times although I've shown hard proof that you were wrong.

Though, the shift speeds is a bit slower, LFA's transmission also is designed to not lose momentum between gear shifts since it is designed on a concept called "flat shifting" where the throttles are not closed during shifts. You can see it clearly in the video LFA never stops accelerating during shifts.
This is completely fabricated. You made this up and confirm it with a video of the speedo. I asked again for proof, you couldn't come up with any.

LFA prototypes have already proven that they are in the same ballpark as the 458 Italia as far as straight line goes.
Like I said before, I never claimed LFA will outlaunch the 458 Italia in a straight line. Nor am I claiming it is faster in a straight line.
You are talking about a real 6 speed manual transmission while a single clutch automated manual is faster than the most fastest human being could ever shift.
Someone is confused with the whole argument.

The main advantage of dual clutch is in daily driving and fuel economy. Not track performance. That is why racing cars still use single-clutch straight cut gearboxes.
Unsubstantiated.

Double clutches can easily get confused on the track when they try and predict the next gear in order to prepare the disengaged clutch and if it gets it wrong, the lag is painfully long. The downshifts on the single clutch are a lot faster and also a lot more "generous".
Huh?

Regarding the transmission, the dual clutch has no significant advantages over a single clutch and it showed in a direct drag race between the LP550-2 and the 458 Italia where they both were neck and neck the whole time during the shifts and never bucked behind when it upshifted.
Using video as proof because the LP didn't "buck" when upshifting.

That is why Lamborghini has official decided to stay with single clutch automated manuals.
This is why?

The main disadvantage is single clutch being less efficient and a bit clunky in daily driving and having worse fuel economy.
I thought single clutch was more "generous".

The fact that you refused to acknowledge how double clutch tries to predicts the next gear you will use and prepares the disengaged clutch for the next shift explains a lot. That is the whole point of having two clutches with one handling odd gears and the other handling even gears, which works well as long as you do what the computer expects you to otherwise, it throws the computer in a big limbo.
I didn't refuse to acknowledge anything. You are arguing with yourself and posting more irrelevant info.

Sorry, personally I don't read too much into marketing brochures and factory claims. I stand by my argument that the single-clutch has its own advantages over the double-clutch.
This is all you wrote about it. What are the advantages?
The main disadvantage is single clutch being less efficient and a bit clunky in daily driving and having worse fuel economy.
I have a video of a single-clutch LP550-2 versus the 458 Italia upto 300 km/h and never once did the single-clutch LP550-2 lose any ground to the 458 Italia during shifts. The differences in real world are negligible.
Because of a video? There are numerous variables when it comes to roll racing. Have you thought about the weight differences or the engine displacement in affecting the outcome? The Lamborghini has 0.7 Liters on the Italia. That plays a huge roll in roll racing.

It goes regardless of LFA. I am not fan of double-clutch transmission for various reasons. It has been since before LFA came out. It feels too automatic like. I like the single-clutch design far more especially on the race track.
You've been on a race track with both?

My point is, in real life single-clutch has its own advantages one of which is more consistent shift times.
But I thought it was....
Explain how it has more consistent shift times. In what situation are you speaking of?

Talk about LP550-2, LP560-4 or LP570-4. Don't talk about old gallardos with ancient e-gears. They were horribly inefficient just like the older BMW SMG transmission and had slow shift times. The single clutch these days are far improved and faster like night and day over the old days with shift times consistently less than 200 ms.
This is funny because as I recall I was flamed for calling the LFA's gearbox archaic. Please tell us how fast the shift times are for the LFA. (200ms).

I think I am wasting time with since you said "the same can be said about single-clutch". That means you have no clue whatsoever what I am talking about after three times attempting the samething. I don't have the time to explain every little thing so that you can understand.
Here's the issue. You pick and choose what you want to disclose and respond to. You pick and choose your sources. I've provided hard evidence of a double-clutch box outperforming and single-clutch unit. You grasp to a single video and fabrications. I didn't understand a single thing you're trying to say.

Automobile magazine, September 2010 LFA vs SLS AMG
"In our tests, these two supercars are separated by one-tenth of a second in the 0-to-60-mph sprint, where red eclipses white by completing the task in 3.8 versus 3.9 seconds. In actuality, it's all down to tire wear, tire temperature, surface quality, and launch success. Both vehicles must shift once before they exceed the 60-mph mark, and even after a dozen or so full-throttle side-by-side sprints, the results were pretty much a dead heat."
The Italia was quoted between 3.1-3.3 seconds and you state that the LFA is around the same ballpark? The bottom line is this. As far as straight-line performance goes, the LFA is NOT even close to the Italia and cars like it. You can make excuses for the tires, but you will not see a half-second gain to 60 mph or 6-7 mph improvement in the quarter-mile with tires or LC alone. The car shines incredibly on the track and that's what it's meant for. I, too would love to see this car with Italia-like straight-line speed, but lets stop making excuses for it. The car is what it is and if drag or roll racing is what you are expecting from the car, you are looking at the wrong one.

Last edited by jpvarghese; 02-16-11 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-16-11, 02:33 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,237 Likes on 1,356 Posts

jpvarghese, you're getting a bit hostile and insulting in the post above. Please review and edit your wording to be polite & mature in your conversation.

If you can't discuss the topic without making it personal, don't push the reply button.

05RollaXRS, same goes for you with the post immediately prior to his. Please edit your wording and keep this civil.

If either of you don't see what I'm talking about let me know and I'll remove the posts.
Old 02-16-11, 04:50 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your posts take up way too much room. Do you really have to quote word for word everything Rolla says? It's annoying. We get it already. You believe the 458 is the superior straight line car. That's great. Can we move on? Obviously from this video weve seen just how fast the LFA really is, and it was still a bad launch. The poster of the video said he hit 100kmh in 4.4 seconds. Considering that's a second off of the official time, we should therefore take a second off the time it took for the LFA to reach speeds like 200kmh. Maybe even more. Lets just put it this way. Just because Ferrari says their car makes more power, doesn't always mean it does. Like Chris Harris said. You have to have permission from Ferrari to even test the car, or drive it in comparisons. That doesn't sound to me like they're too confident in their fire catching machine. While the LFA just showed it can hit 160mph in around 18 seconds without the aids of slick rubber, the 458 has to have special permission of the magazines or publishers. Chris harris pretty much confirmed what I've knew all along. The press cars are much better off than the owners units. Let the LFA have the same tires as the 458, then come back and say how much better it is. There hasn't even been a full test of a production unit. 552HP (LFA) isn't far from 562HP (458). You're making it seem like it's much more powerful when it really isn't.
Old 02-16-11, 05:10 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

No way it will match the 458 in straight-line. I can promise you that. No LFA tested has ever been close to 132 mph in the quarter mile. If your going to take shots at my understanding of the car, please lay down the facts. The tech affecting the dynamics of the car is nothing new, but I understand why they used it and respect their decision immensely. The gearbox shifts slower than what's out and available within the competition. The car doesn't have a torque-vectoring differential. The car doesn't have direct injection. The technology used to make the car (chassis, engine, suspension, body, paneling), however, is revolutionary. I love the LFA, but I know it's not a straight-line car and it was never Lexus' focus to be one.
Does the 458 have any traction problems? Have any production (non-ringer) 458 models been clocked hitting the 10 second 1/4 mile range, or have all 458s so far only hit low 11s in the quarter? I ask because I do not know.

Yes the LFA does not have a torque vectoring differential or direct injection, but not all modern supercars do. Not sure what your point is . The LFA's V10 makes heavy use of titanium alloys and forged titanium, which is more "high tech" than a lot of other supercars. It also has independent electronically controlled throttle bodies on the engine, which is "high tech" and something a lot of modern supercars lack. Additionally, the LFA exceeds Euro 5 emission levels in Europe without direct injection partly thanks to clever techniques like early light-off of the catalytic converters on cold starts. How is that not high-tech?

The LFA's intakes feed into a resonance chamber for the special acoustic sound the V10 makes, which was tuned using high-tech equipment. Then there are the sound passages in the interior specifically tuned for certain frequencies that directly pipe the V10's sounds into the interior.

The LFA also has "high tech" details like an electronic brake booster, which provides consistent braking power no matter what the conditions are. The LFA's brake booster does not rely on engine vacuum as some other competing supercars do. That's not even talking about the "high tech" interior which features airbag seatbelts, and the moving and customizable gauge cluster.

So my point still stands; if you actually look deep into the LFA, and not just superficially look at the main features, then it's obvious the LFA is not "archaic" at all.
Old 02-16-11, 05:38 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

I posted a video few pages back of a production Italia taken to the track by its owner hitting 132 mph traps. That was not a press car. I picked it because it's similar to the LFA in power and weight and this was an independent test. I agree that the production LFA would be a better car to test, but making statements about its performance based on a speedo like you all have been doing isn't entirely an accurate way of gauging times. What part of that bothers you? The only think we can gauge from all the tests is that the car goes to 60 in mid-to-high 3s and traps the quarter-mile at around 125 mph. This has been consistent and GPS verified. LC and tires may improve the E.T., but will need more than that to improve the trap speeds. All I'm saying is that if this Italia represents all the production models out there, there is no way a production LFA can keep up with a car with 132 mph traps, with what has already been reported.
Old 02-16-11, 05:47 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TF109B
Your posts take up way too much room. Do you really have to quote word for word everything Rolla says? It's annoying. We get it already. You believe the 458 is the superior straight line car. That's great. Can we move on? Obviously from this video weve seen just how fast the LFA really is, and it was still a bad launch. The poster of the video said he hit 100kmh in 4.4 seconds. Considering that's a second off of the official time, we should therefore take a second off the time it took for the LFA to reach speeds like 200kmh. Maybe even more. Lets just put it this way. Just because Ferrari says their car makes more power, doesn't always mean it does. Like Chris Harris said. You have to have permission from Ferrari to even test the car, or drive it in comparisons. That doesn't sound to me like they're too confident in their fire catching machine. While the LFA just showed it can hit 160mph in around 18 seconds without the aids of slick rubber, the 458 has to have special permission of the magazines or publishers. Chris harris pretty much confirmed what I've knew all along. The press cars are much better off than the owners units. Let the LFA have the same tires as the 458, then come back and say how much better it is. There hasn't even been a full test of a production unit. 552HP (LFA) isn't far from 562HP (458). You're making it seem like it's much more powerful when it really isn't.

Fanboyism is really blinding you isn't it?
Old 02-16-11, 05:59 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

I posted a video few pages back of a production Italia taken to the track by its owner hitting 132 mph traps. That was not a press car. I picked it because it's similar to the LFA in power and weight and this was an independent test. I agree that the production LFA would be a better car to test, but making statements about its performance based on a speedo like you all have been doing isn't entirely an accurate way of gauging times. What part of that bothers you? The only think we can gauge from all the tests is that the car goes to 60 in mid-to-high 3s and traps the quarter-mile at around 125 mph. This has been consistent and GPS verified. LC and tires may improve the E.T., but will need more than that to improve the trap speeds. All I'm saying is that if this Italia represents all the production models out there, there is no way a production LFA can keep up with a car with 132 mph traps, with what has already been reported.
Yes I understand this, but I'm still curious about some of the questions I asked. Trap speeds excluded, have production (non-press) 458s hit the 10 second range in the 1/4 mile? The video you posted of the 458 shows it hitting low 11s in the 1/4 mile, which is about the same as some pre-production LFAs have been able to do.
Old 02-16-11, 06:19 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Does the 458 have any traction problems? Have any production (non-ringer) 458 models been clocked hitting the 10 second 1/4 mile range, or have all 458s so far only hit low 11s in the quarter? I ask because I do not know.

So my point still stands; if you actually look deep into the LFA, and not just superficially look at the main features, then it's obvious the LFA is not "archaic" at all.
Nothing that affects the dynamics of the car is stuff that hasn't been done before. Dynamics, as in, the car in motion. Everything else you mention is valid. There are quicker versions of the same type of gearbox. 200 ms is slow for today's standards when Ferrari is cutting close to 60 ms in the Scuderia. This would be considered archaic. Direct injection is found in all modern day cars and supercars and the Italia with a smaller engine utilizing it makes more power. This engine not having it would be considered archaic. Supercars today are using smart differentials. This car not having it would be considered archaic. Supercars today are using a magnetic suspension which allows for race and street compliancy. Not having it would be considered archaic. I am in no way suggesting that not having any of this is bad. Lexus may have their reasons for it, but for the general public, questions like this will arise. I am still very impressed with the car and would choose it over anything out there. It's appeal to me is how raw and 'basic' it is in the sense that it does so well without the electronics. My ONE and ONLY gripe is the 'slow' shifting gearbox. I put that word in quotes because 200 ms isn't really slow, but it is considerably slower than what everyone else offers.

For the first part of your question, the Italia's launch control works brilliantly without wheel hop and plants the rear end to give fantastic results. The double clutch gearbox, magnetic suspension, and the engine placements helps with off the line traction. This gives consistent straight-line results. As much as I'm aware of, the car has not hit 10's, but cars with traps speeds that high do.
Old 02-16-11, 06:24 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Fanboyism is really blinding you isn't it?
This is my major gripe with some of the posters. They can't grasp reality or understand the car for what it is. Everything they read on the Lexus site is copy/pasted into this thread to make a point of an issue that never arose. Then on top of that is the speculation. All I'm trying to invoke is a reality check.

Yes I understand this, but I'm still curious about some of the questions I asked. Trap speeds excluded, have production (non-press) 458s hit the 10 second range in the 1/4 mile? The video you posted of the 458 shows it hitting low 11s in the 1/4 mile, which is about the same as some pre-production LFAs have been able to do.
The video I posted shows the owner making a run in AUTO mode. He did not use launch control. Using it would automatically put the car in manual mode, which was what he didn't want. Like I said those are 10 second trap speeds.
Old 02-16-11, 06:42 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

That is correct, TRD. There is absolutely zero evidence that 458 Italia is less than low-11 seconds in the 1/4 mile.

There is not enough testing on LFA available yet and all of it has been on ragged on prototypes that had 8000 - 9000 abusive miles on them. The production models never have been tested since they started arriving this month. Basing entire LFA's prowess on abused prototypes is just plain idiocy. TRD, you do remember C&D comparo of LFA and 599 GTB HGTE?? Yet, there is insufficient testing of LFA with the new launch control system, which is bound to improve its 1/4 mile speed and time.

In CarAndDriver head to head test, LFA prototype beat the 599 GTB HGTE in acceleration tests, which also has had the typical 1/4 mile numbers of 11.1 - 11.2@130 - 131 mph. LFA ran 11.6@125 mph versus 11.8@125 mph for the 599 GTB HGTE because the test was conducted in wales, which has a 1000 meter higher elevation above sea level. Higher elevation results in loss of power.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t_drive_review

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezfl...8a72dc3b2f.pdf

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...test_data.html

Regarding the acceleration in a straight line, the Top Gear video was the biggest proof where it was dead even with SLS AMG that has the fastest time on the internet of 11.6@125 mph. Never any quicker than that.

Again, 458 Italia versus Ducati by MotorTrend scan:

Again watch this video of SLS AMG versus 458 Italia and they were dead even right uptill 170 - 180 mph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF6lt...layer_embedded

Some further evidence of dual-cluth versus single-clutch e-gear.

545 HP LP550-2 Balboni (single clutch e-gear) versus 458 Italia dual-clutch (550-2 wins 2-1):

Notice despite having an "ancient" single clutch, the LP550-2 never loses any ground to the 458's so-called superior dual-clutch during shifts. The pull is just linear. 458 wins the first race and then loses the other two to the 550-2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv_YApsenG8

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 02-16-11 at 07:23 PM.

Quick Reply: First ever Lexus LFA Launch control demonstration 0 - 260 km/h