LFA Model (2012)

LFA and Paris Hilton

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-11, 04:36 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
A whole lot of assumptions with very little facts to back your arguments. Also a lot of rehashing of old arguments that have been thoroughly discussed already.

Time will prove everything.
I'd have to agree with you this time. How hard is it to understand that this is about the brand and not the car?

Also, if Lexus loses money on each car they sell, it stands to reason that if they won't build cars that aren't purchased, the bean counters would be more than happy to save a few million by leaving 10-20 cars unsold and un-built no?

I think Lexus know perfectly well what they are doing, and all the jealousy and hate floating around is really ugly. Better cars have been sold to "worse" people, get over it.
Old 02-17-11, 04:40 AM
xioix
Racer

Cool

Originally Posted by MR_F1
I'd have to agree with you this time. How hard is it to understand that this is about the brand and not the car?

Also, if Lexus loses money on each car they sell, it stands to reason that if they won't build cars that aren't purchased, the bean counters would be more than happy to save a few million by leaving 10-20 cars unsold and un-built no?

I think Lexus know perfectly well what they are doing, and all the jealousy and hate floating around is really ugly. Better cars have been sold to "worse" people, get over it.
I'm thinking the costs of building it is not the reason they are losing money on each one built, but the cost from r&d from 10 years calculated into 500 cars are the reason they lose money on each one built
Old 02-17-11, 05:08 AM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
A whole lot of assumptions with very little facts to back your arguments. Also a lot of rehashing of old arguments that have been thoroughly discussed already.

Time will prove everything.
Of course it is, that was the whole point, it's a GUESS at what really happened. You seem to look for argument in everything. Until Lexus comes forward with some facts, this ENTIRE thread would would fit that description.
Old 02-17-11, 05:17 AM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

It's not a matter of jealous or hate. There are only so many slots in which to stuff a $400k anything. The number of slots grows and contracts with the economy and right now it's in a low at the very same time there are more choices. Brand a car as a matter of haters if it doesn't sell misses the point.

Yes, it would be far better to put fewer cars on the road, preserve the value and immediately begin the next car whatever it is, and get it to market in far less time than the LFA. Flooding the market with cars it can't support doesn't help anyone and it makes it impossible for Lexus to find a market for the second car because they destroyed the first. They learned some interesting build techniques for small production and it would be a shame for that to go to waste. If it was launched just before the LP640, this car would have gone off the chart. The market could have absorbed a lot of cars then. It's now a whole different scene both in number of cars the market will support and choices per $ spent.
Old 02-17-11, 07:55 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do you view it as jealousy and hate? I haven't read one "hateful" or "jealous" comment. I have read several valid discussions that are questioning the route Lexus has gone with this car. Haven't read anything negative about the car itself just the process.

Because some people expect Lexus to be forthright and not deceive the public about the "selection" process or "exclusivity" of this car they're haters and jealous?
Old 02-17-11, 08:20 AM
xioix
Racer

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Why do you view it as jealousy and hate? I haven't read one "hateful" or "jealous" comment. I have read several valid discussions that are questioning the route Lexus has gone with this car. Haven't read anything negative about the car itself just the process.

Because some people expect Lexus to be forthright and not deceive the public about the "selection" process or "exclusivity" of this car they're haters and jealous?
Gengar posted what the selection process was, but some just speculated it was going to enthusiasts, when Lexus just wants the people that will get the Lexus name out there more.

Now google Paris Hilton and Lexus and there will be many sites with her new birthday present
Old 02-17-11, 08:34 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,467 Likes on 1,773 Posts

Originally Posted by xioix
Gengar posted what the selection process was, but some just speculated it was going to enthusiasts, when Lexus just wants the people that will get the Lexus name out there more.

Now google Paris Hilton and Lexus and there will be many sites with her new birthday present
Yes, whatever that is, the news is spreading like wildfire everywhere. On nearly every forum, there is the discussion about "Paris Hilton getting an LFA".

I agree with what was said earlier that there is so much hatred for this car, I have never seen anything like this and I have been following supercars since Porsche Carrera GT and Enzo came out way back in 2004. No one has hated a supercar this much and it is mostly because Lexus made its first supercar ever and went for the kill with competing against the most exclusive European supercars. People have this attitude "Lexus is supposed to be grand mother's cars. How dare they make a supercar and price it at $375,000".

It is just insane everyone and his brother over the internet is pouncing on bashing the LFA. Sadly, the group that bashes it the most is the Nissan GTR fanboys who keep repeating the samething over the internet as if LFA stole the Japanese thunder away from the Nissan GTR and it has become the most talked about car now.
Old 02-17-11, 08:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

sure, from what gengar said, how? nothing. lexus can't determine anything if what he said was what lexus did to "determine". so why the process? and how it works? that's the question.

and yeah, google lexus and paris and you get tons of results. but again, is that always good? i doubt. at least from what i have seen / heard / experienced, most are negative. either on the brand or the person
Old 02-17-11, 08:45 AM
xioix
Racer

Originally Posted by rominl
sure, from what gengar said, how? nothing. lexus can't determine anything if what he said was what lexus did to "determine". so why the process? and how it works? that's the question.

and yeah, google lexus and paris and you get tons of results. but again, is that always good? i doubt. at least from what i have seen / heard / experienced, most are negative. either on the brand or the person
I believe the post Gengar made was from what Lexus posted online.

Well take the Charlie Sheen route of celeb news, he is in a negative tail spin in the media, but his shows ratings have been climbing every week, so negative celeb news is not bad news
Old 02-17-11, 08:50 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Yes, whatever that is, the news is spreading like wildfire everywhere. On nearly every forum, there is the discussion about "Paris Hilton getting an LFA".

I agree with what was said earlier that there is so much hatred for this car, I have never seen anything like this and I have been following supercars since Porsche Carrera GT and Enzo came out way back in 2004. No one has hated a supercar this much and it is mostly because Lexus made its first supercar ever and went for the kill with competing against the most exclusive European supercars. People have this attitude "Lexus is supposed to be grand mother's cars. How dare they make a supercar and price it at $375,000".

It is just insane everyone and his brother over the internet is pouncing on bashing the LFA. Sadly, the group that bashes it the most is the Nissan GTR fanboys who keep repeating the samething over the internet as if LFA stole the Japanese thunder away from the Nissan GTR and it has become the most talked about car now.
i think there is a big difference between hatred on the car and what's going on in this thread, you probably taking too much from your experience in the other thread yesterday.

from what i read and feel, most people in this thread are just questioning lexus marketing and selection. i don't see a lot of people hating the car itself in this thread. you might feel more probably because of your love on this brand and this car (and i completely respect that). the gtr hit, you can actually see it on pretty much most other brands and models too, it's everywhere. i can see more of it on lexus because they are "closer" (both japanese). if they had the gtr back when the porsche gt was released? imagine that
Old 02-17-11, 08:52 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Was this your hand before the self-inflicted puncture wound Dave?

Must be frustrating to read this crap. Wish you would have got yours man.
LOL, yes I think so.

Originally Posted by rominl
dave, trust me, we all know how you feel. most of us here would really love to see you in one!

might be a stupid question, but really, how about buying one here?
Already explored that avenue, Lexus won't service the car and sourcing parts would be a nightmare. Joe Z got in contact with Lexus USA and I received a few emails from Lexus Japan, but basically they said that there is nothing they can do.
Originally Posted by gengar
Yep, it's brutal. I'd love to think there's still a chance Lexus might shift allocations down the road.
Even if they do allocate more here, my chances are slim. At my dealer alone the were 4 other people at the draw, so I can only assume that there are a lot of people still wanting one here and with Lexus doing it totally randomly here I would just have to be very lucky.
Old 02-17-11, 08:53 AM
2turbo4u
Lexus Test Driver

The real question is for all those that felt betrayed by Lexus are you gonna sell your Lexus now?
Will ya'll accept Paris with open arms if she becomes a member of the site?
Old 02-17-11, 08:58 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I believe the post Gengar made was from what Lexus posted online.

Well take the Charlie Sheen route of celeb news, he is in a negative tail spin in the media, but his shows ratings have been climbing every week, so negative celeb news is not bad news
looking at how much crap is being talked about on this paris getting a lfa news? of course it's getting exposure, no one is doubting that. with charlie's press, most people know something about two and a half men now as well. but does that mean a lot more people are now interested in joining marathon sex parties? and the talk about the network company considering cutting the series and suing charlie for damages? it might be just talk, but network company probably have a reason to even think about that
Old 02-17-11, 09:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
LOL, yes I think so.

Already explored that avenue, Lexus won't service the car and sourcing parts would be a nightmare. Joe Z got in contact with Lexus USA and I received a few emails from Lexus Japan, but basically they said that there is nothing they can do.
Even if they do allocate more here, my chances are slim. At my dealer alone the were 4 other people at the draw, so I can only assume that there are a lot of people still wanting one here and with Lexus doing it totally randomly here I would just have to be very lucky.
maybe you should just move to the US once and for all!

Originally Posted by 2turbo4u
The real question is for all those that felt betrayed by Lexus are you gonna sell your Lexus now?
Will ya'll accept Paris with open arms if she becomes a member of the site?
no and no. why would i do either of that? sounds pretty silly and childish. i doubt lexus on their marketing on the lfa, not company as a whole or their cars. i will welcome paris, but nothing more than gengar or dave600hl, unless she proves to be beneficial to the forums
Old 02-17-11, 09:04 AM
LexFather

We all have to remember that the LFA is breaking new ground not only for Lexus but for every company in Japan. In other words while exotic brands clearly know their market and Mercedes knows their market with the SLR/SLS well Lexus is doing a first here and surely they made mistakes and learned a lot. There was just no way in hell this car was not going to be scrutinized and beat up, bashed. It should be expected, it is a 375k Lexus

As stated before they had about 1100 serious inquiries but who wrote the check when the time came? The bottom line is their goal is to sell 500 cars and surely some people will get them that maybe we question "why"?

The thing is again, if we look at every single exotic brand sold, TONS of cars are sold to people who we might not deem as enthusiasts. I posted on the first page a few examples. As it has been stated Lexus wants exposure for the car, well Paris is exposure, it is getting exposure and it likely will be on this T.V show for more exposure. To Lexus its a good thing clearly or they would not have been involved in it but to others it might stink and be a bad thing and I can't blame them.

The racing driver in Costa Rica got his red LFA and there was hardly a blip on the internet outside of the doughnuts he did. On the other hand Paris Hilton gets a LFA as a present and its set the internet on fire. Really? So we are going to put a good/bad list on LFA owners?

Well you have to be pretty damn enthusiast to drop 375-450k on a Lexus

Last edited by LexFather; 02-17-11 at 09:11 AM.

Quick Reply: LFA and Paris Hilton