LFA Model (2012)

LFA and Paris Hilton

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-11, 10:53 AM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

who cares if paris hilton has an LFA.
she can drive and own whatever car she wants.
Old 02-17-11, 11:36 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,772 Posts

Another good question is, since this is fast becoming the premier Lexus LFA site, will she be joining this site to talk with other LFA owners?? LOL
Old 02-17-11, 11:50 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Hahah..that is too funny sicklex. ROFL
Old 02-17-11, 01:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
What was posted was from my personal experience going through the application process, which is similar to the experiences reported by others on this board who went through the process (and received an allocation).

Most of the point of my post was actually what Lexus didn't say (or do).

I think those can go hand in hand, though. Many people simply can't stand the idea of the LFA... who knows exactly why that is, whether it is people who just can't get past their preconceptions and existing biases, or they feel their inferior quality lux brand is even more devalued because they can't just refer to Lexus as totally boring, or they just have their panties in a bunch because Lexus didn't approach them and their buddies to beg them to buy one. We know this is true because the IS-F got the same treatment when it came out and the LFA often gets sandbagged in magazine reviews (just look at, say, CAR, which relied entirely on daily driving characteristics in order to claim the SLS as a winner). But whatever the reason for this hate, the result is that Lexus and the LFA have become enemy #1 in their eyes and so they want to see Lexus fail in every way possible. A good starting point for them is to attack what they perceive to be Lexus' marketing and also hope that the LFA doesn't sell at all in the US.
if that's really where and how you want to bring this, then i guess there is nothing else to say. because every single bad thing people have to say about the lfa, it will be part of hate and has to do with the brand and hardly anything else. to me what i see is a lot of good discussions on the car, some solely (and extreme) on performance, and some on marketing / sales / branding. there are a lot of good information, both positive and negatives, and a lot of times they can get critical. and hate? what is hate? i guess it's just stuff that people don't like to hear, simple as that. but i find myself separating hate and criticism quite well, at least in my eyes. hate is when someone simply do everything possible and intentionally to bring down the others. bring a lexus fanboy to a bmw forum and that's what you will see. go to some other forums like gtr and read about lfa and that's hate. just because someone is critical about specific part, i don't see that constitute as hate.
Old 02-17-11, 01:36 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The part that bugs me most is the fact that it is so limited at 500 production units. Otherwise, who cares if Paris Hilton is one of the owners especially if Lexus built as many as they could sell during the next 4-5 years (which I wish they were). But one out of 500 going to anyone who doesn't live their life for cars is a bit aggravating. The LFA should be valued like a child.
Old 02-17-11, 01:39 PM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
The part that bugs me most is the fact that it is so limited at 500 production units. Otherwise, who cares if Paris Hilton is one of the owners. But one out of 500 going to anyone who doesn't live their life for cars is a bit aggravating. The LFA should be valued like a child.
I'm betting this is just a pass-through as she does just about everything else to promote products. She's a marketing machine and if the LFA were shoes, this would be brilliant. I think it will quietly find a suitable home with someone.
Old 02-17-11, 01:42 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
to me what i see is a lot of good discussions on the car, some solely (and extreme) on performance, and some on marketing / sales / branding. there are a lot of good information, both positive and negatives, and a lot of times they can get critical. and hate? what is hate? i guess it's just stuff that people don't like to hear, simple as that. but i find myself separating hate and criticism quite well, at least in my eyes.
The problem is when the criticism is not based on reality and instead on the illusions that people created themselves. That was my objection. Look at some of the things people said in this thread.

An extensive selection process geared towards racing enthusiasts? Not based in fact.
Lexus saying that they were only going to select enthusiasts? Not based in fact.
"all the rejections"? Not based in fact - at least not that we have evidence for.

What emotions drive people to this? Love for a selection process that doesn't exist? Hate for a car that they can't understand? Who knows. But it's based in fantasy. That was my point in bringing up emotions like hate.

Originally Posted by TommyJames
Haha, you think people can't stand the idea of the LFA? The reason the argument gets posted over and over is because the entire basis for the opinion seems to escape you in the first place. Lexus had a flawed marketing strategy, regarding of the brilliance of the car, they simply made assumptions based on what they already knew, not what they didn't know and the LFA suffers as a result of that arrogance.
Yay, more blah, blah, blah. You've been posting this for about a year now, I'd think you would get tired of hearing yourself talk. It's funny you post this even though in this thread I already criticized how Lexus handled the selection process.

I'm also quite sorry you still take so much umbrage that you and your group of buddies didn't get your butts kissed by Lexus like you wanted. And if you really think I don't have thick skin, consider we've had to deal with you on this board for more than a year now.
Old 02-17-11, 01:55 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
You can make all of the excuse you want, but when people say things like "oh this LFA is going to get beaten the ***** out of by R8 V10", "A 599 GTB would kill this POS", "A GTR would eat this thing and cost 1/3rd of the price", "they should cancel this overpriced POS since no one will buy it". This is nothing, but hate. No other way to explain it. 99% of the criticim is all that. No one ever mentions LFA was "not marketed right or Lexus did not pick the owners wisely". Only you keep repeating it.

I know lots of places on the internet where people were claiming when LFA was getting delivered to customers that it is all a hoax and all these people are Lexus employees faking customers just to give people the impression that they sold any LFA. These posts also linked to someone on this board [wink! wink!]. Who in the right mind ever says that?? Did anyone ever hear someone saying that about a Ferrari?? Never in my life.

Your obsession with how Lexus LFA is absurd. If you did not talk about it, there will be no one bringing it up.

It has nothing to do with marketing. You continue to just say the samething over and over again because you are really obsessed with how Lexus LFA took pride in the LFA and wanted it to be marketed in a way that it does end up in collectors garage gathering dust.

Rest is all a figment of your imagination.
This post is entirely wrong and targets this Tommy guy for whatever reason. I have no idea who he is and am not going to be searching his prior posts to find out. His posts have been rational and I'm not quite sure why anyone is taking offense?

I'm late to this particular thread but have been following the LF A for a couple of years now and both myself and Henry have mentioned this same issue.

I'm not sure why we're all of a sudden being deemed "haters" because we actually have the gall to raise questions on a Lexus forum. Keep in mind that I actually went out and bought the very first true performance offering from Lexus so I am more than familiar with the "hate" that others have towards Lexus and their entry into the performance segment.

If it's ok to deem us "haters", I think it would be equally fair to call several in this thread fan***s.
Old 02-17-11, 01:58 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
I'm not sure why we're all of a sudden being deemed "haters" because we actually have the gall to raise questions on a Lexus forum.
No one's even referred to you as a hater - at least I haven't, and I haven't noticed anyone else do it - so chill out. No one has a problem with valid questions, but as I said in my reply to rominl, the problem is when those questions aren't even based in fact or reality.
Old 02-17-11, 02:00 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

My point was it is not the focal point of the hatred. Again, talking in context of people on the internet criticizing the LFA. 99% of it is completely unrelated to Lexus' marketing strategy.

I do know you guys bring it up once in a while, but you don't base the entire LFA's existence and how it should be received by the public entirely on how Lexus marketed it and how Lexus went over their head with no heritage and no history in supercars, unlike Mr. Tommy James.

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
This post is entirely wrong and targets this Tommy guy for whatever reason. I have no idea who he is and am not going to be searching his prior posts to find out. His posts have been rational and I'm not quite sure why anyone is taking offense?

I'm late to this particular thread but have been following the LF A for a couple of years now and both myself and Henry have mentioned this same issue.

I'm not sure why we're all of a sudden being deemed "haters" because we actually have the gall to raise questions on a Lexus forum. Keep in mind that I actually went out and bought the very first true performance offering from Lexus so I am more than familiar with the "hate" that others have towards Lexus and their entry into the performance segment.

If it's ok to deem us "haters", I think it would be equally fair to call several in this thread fan***s.
Old 02-17-11, 02:03 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Can we get back on topic? I miss when this thread was just full of pictures of Paris Hilton and pink supercars.
Old 02-17-11, 02:07 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm with Joe! It's not that Paris got an LFA as a gift, but I'd like to know what badge number she gets. We see so many pics of the LFA, but very few of the badging. I know it's lame, but I like seeing these limited production vehicles and the badges.
Old 02-17-11, 02:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
Can we get back on topic? I miss when this thread was just full of pictures of Paris Hilton and pink supercars.
seriously you can almost argue that i am hoping this continues so i won't see a pink one
Old 02-17-11, 02:34 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
seriously you can almost argue that i am hoping this continues so i won't see a pink one
Actually, I heard that one of the Lexus Central buyers was "seriously" considering Passionate Pink but hadn't put in his order yet. I actually saw him at the Lexus LFA preview event before the Chicago Auto Show (it wasn't hard to see him - he was wearing pajamas at the cocktail party, haha) although I didn't talk to him or anything - I hadn't received my allocation yet at that point. And yes, it's a guy.

So your hopes may be shattered, even if not by Paris Hilton.

Many people may hate me for this, but I think it's a shame if any of the colors offered went unused......
Old 02-17-11, 02:43 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Guys this thread seems to have gotten back on course, but just in case I'll post a gentle reminder to keep the personal commentary about other members in your head and off of your keyboard.

Quick Reply: LFA and Paris Hilton