LFA Model (2012)

Pearl Blue Lexus LFA#018 arrives in the USA.. Youtube Video Inside!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-11, 01:23 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Wow i'm surprised they showed the whole vin. I took pics of all the vins and vin plates but I was told not to publish them. Oh well.

As for the vin# assignments, they are off. The first few cars vin# match the actual LFA unit# up to about 6. Everything after is about 1 or 2 numbers off their actual unit number.
Old 02-19-11, 02:13 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SO when are the other colored cars coming? Do you know Flip, anyone? I see we are getting the standard colors first, correct? But when will customers get the cars with the 'optional' colors?
Old 02-19-11, 09:21 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Wow i'm surprised they showed the whole vin. I took pics of all the vins and vin plates but I was told not to publish them. Oh well.
Yeah, that's definitely not cool.
Old 02-19-11, 10:11 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

^ It's sorta of a moot point if you think about it.... ALL VIN's are visible via the front windshield by Law...

So, I was hoping you would give us your opinion on this particular Pearl Blue build...

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 02-19-11 at 11:55 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-19-11, 10:24 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^ It's sorta of a mute point if you think about it.... ALL VIN's are visible via the front windshield by Law...
I know nothing is stopping random observers from taking pictures and posting them on the web, but as with license plates, I would like to hope that at least respectable journalistic entities would avoid posting this kind of information. Of course, as you said, it's likely moot - I'm sure all the VINs from spotted vehicles will be up pretty soon anyway (I already know mine)... not to mention that the VIN of any car that the production number is known for can also be deduced from the VINs of other cars once the database gets filled up enough to determine some of the numbering quirks.

Originally Posted by Joe Z
So, I was hoping you would give us your opinion on this particular Pearl Blue build...
Exterior-wise, I think this is going to be the "stereotypical" Pearl Blue LFA build (if you could call any LFA build that), with dark finish wheels and yellow calipers. Despite how common it is, I really dislike the yellow caliper look on a blue car, so I didn't go with that on my build. I don't really like dark wheels either, but I will say the dark finish wheels look much better on Pearl Blue than I anticipated.

I also don't know why so many buyers opted for the headlight washers, which aren't necessary except at extremely low temperatures. I just don't like the aesthetics.

The interior winds up working out really well. I'm a fan of two-tone interiors but personally I don't like looking at two different colors when I'm actually in the driving position, so I usually go with contrasting seat fronts; this also allows me to pay homage to the C43 and of course my F. Then I just go with something more subtle like contrasting stitching. The silver for the console looks fantastic here though, in combination with blue and black. Even with this scheme I probably would have gone with black seat backs though, instead of silver. Note lack of contrasting stitching in this build, which probably would have been over the top.

Last edited by gengar; 02-19-11 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-19-11, 12:01 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by gengar
I know nothing is stopping random observers from taking pictures and posting them on the web, but as with license plates, I would like to hope that at least respectable journalistic entities would avoid posting this kind of information. Of course, as you said, it's likely moot - I'm sure all the VINs from spotted vehicles will be up pretty soon anyway (I already know mine)... not to mention that the VIN of any car that the production number is known for can also be deduced from the VINs of other cars once the database gets filled up enough to determine some of the numbering quirks.

^^ Of course I completely agree with you on the journalistic aspect...

One of the main reasons why when I goto large Lexus Shows, my lic plate is the first thing to come off...
But the vin is always there in plain sight to see...

Either way, seems like the VIN / Badge number quirks should get interesting.

I am not even sure if this Pearl Blue is Badged #017...

You think with all the photos they took, they would have shot the Badges in each LFA ...

Originally Posted by gengar
Exterior-wise, I think this is going to be the "stereotypical" Pearl Blue LFA build (if you could call any LFA build that), with dark finish wheels and yellow calipers. Despite how common it is, I really dislike the yellow caliper look on a blue car, so I didn't go with that on my build. I don't really like dark wheels either, but I will say the dark finish wheels look much better on Pearl Blue than I anticipated.

I also don't know why so many buyers opted for the headlight washers, which aren't necessary except at extremely low temperatures. I just don't like the aesthetics.

The interior winds up working out really well. I'm a fan of two-tone interiors but personally I don't like looking at two different colors when I'm actually in the driving position, so I usually go with contrasting seat fronts; this also allows me to pay homage to the C43 and of course my F. Then I just go with something more subtle like contrasting stitching. The silver for the console looks fantastic here though, in combination with blue and black. Even with this scheme I probably would have gone with black seat backs though, instead of silver. Note lack of contrasting stitching in this build, which probably would have been over the top.

I agree on your findings and it seems will be seeing a variety of different tastes..

I am looking forward to seeing yours once you get your hands on it...

You are just going to love the first drive!!!

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 02-19-11 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-22-11, 11:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

this blue is looking very good
Old 02-23-11, 03:58 PM
anson89
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know for a fact that both the white and blue Lexus LFA are here in Houston! Just saw the blue LFA at the dealership right outside my house!

Old 02-23-11, 06:44 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

Nice picture. Have they not been delivered yet?? I mean, they arrived last week or so.

Originally Posted by anson89
I know for a fact that both the white and blue Lexus LFA are here in Houston! Just saw the blue LFA at the dealership right outside my house!

Old 02-23-11, 10:47 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

^^ These LFA's are having a hard time clearing low profile lifts and also "Speed Bumps"

Damn.... 4 wheel jacks before the lift !!!!

You also have to consider travel time and holiday weekend..

Joe Z
Old 02-23-11, 11:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

dealership better upgrade their setup for these cars
Old 02-24-11, 12:41 AM
xuserx04
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LFA rear is just beautiful. Front to so much.
Old 02-24-11, 12:53 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

maybe they don't want to add miles rolling around the facility
Old 02-24-11, 01:07 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Regarding the front of the car, it photos weird. It looks wide and kind of flat in photos. But in real life its very rounded and the air intakes to the sides are pushed back more and are in front of the front tires. In photos it doesn't look that way. Only side shots can you tell. It's not the prettiest of front ends, but it's purposeful. I think it looks good.
Old 02-24-11, 07:33 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Yep, the front does look a little funny sometimes, but I think it looks fine, I like the design overall, but I won't mind if they have kept the more weird looking nose of the LFA II concept with those weird shape headlights(some say ugly), that ones look more evil

Quick Reply: Pearl Blue Lexus LFA#018 arrives in the USA.. Youtube Video Inside!!