LFA Model (2012)

LFA track event in Cali today??

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-11, 06:48 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Nice pics, thanks everyone

I like both colors, but I still think yellow > orange for the LFA ...
Old 02-19-11, 10:18 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,474 Likes on 1,779 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i think this is so subjective and personal, it's really about preference. some like ferrari for whatever it is, and some just doesn't like the styling of lfa coz' it looks big (and i think it does) and high lines. to me it's no big deal, i like how the car looks

Great write up!! Henry. I had a blast reading it.

Yeah, I think the two colors are the biggest culprit. The yellow "hides" the lines and creases on the LFA and that orange paint job is horrible!! I think Lexus should fire the company that repainted this car twice. The orange paint looks flat.

I think Lexus LFA looks best in red, black, blue and pearl grey.

Strange thing is, the concept no.2 of Lexus LFA had flared rear arches and the front end was more "curvy", but they took both of them out. The wheel arches also looked completely filled in the concept.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 02-19-11 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-19-11, 10:53 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Thanks for the posting! Orange looks interesting the sunlight .

LOL at the comments from the LP560 owner. IS F was a "bore" to drive, compared to what exactly? LFA exterior has "no presence", that goes against the strong majority opinion that the exterior has a lot of presence. The irony is that this comes from an owner of an LP560, a car that is basically a boxy wedge and IMO looks dull and in real life does not have much presence.

Also funny to hear him describe how great the driving experience is, yet then say the LFA is "not worth" the money. Oh well, exotic supercars are emotional buys, you can't please everybody.

Also if that is accurate info regarding only 25 left in the US for sale, then that means Lexus has sold almost 150 in the US. I wonder what the haters will say regarding this.
The IS F is a "bore" to drive compared to any of the exotics....and I own one.

I drove the LP640 last month and it is a whole different world compared to my F. The Gallardo would have been even better on the track considering it's power to weight ratio. The Murci is a huge pig on the track.

I can't even imagine why that comment would even raise eyebrows?

I'm in South Beach tonight and have seen about 5 Gallardos so far....there is not a single thing that is dull about the car.

Originally Posted by TF109B
They intended to only sell that many in the first place, correct? And didn't they supposedly allocate more units to the U.S.? The comments were pretty funny.

He says it's not worth it, but the driving experience was great, as well as the sound. Guess his Gallardo is more appealing. I don't think so, to each his own though.
Like I said, the Gallardo is the best track car they make at the moment. Is the LFA really worth $175K more than a Gallardo???

And regarding numbers and allocation, until some hard data is available this speculation is unfounded. How many of those allocated cars are going to dealers that will still have to unload them?
Old 02-19-11, 11:32 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Remember LFA even outperformed the hard-edged stripped down to the welds LP570-4 around the track with Pirelli Corsa super slick tires??, which it does not directly even compete with due to luxury intensive nature of LFA. An LP560-4 or the old Gallardo are very far fetched from being in the league of the Lexus LFA.

The LP560-4 currently with a few options on goes for $260,000 and the LP570-4 goes for close to $300,000. The price gap is very minimal considering the luxuries in LFA and also that it is 70% carbon fiber. The V10 in LFA is known to be much more responsive than the V10 in the Gallardo (as apparent from the original post).

Looks are subjective. Although, I question how Lexus could ignore the aesthetics of the car while focusing on functionality. I know someone in Toronto just saw the white LFA prototype and he said pictures don't do justice to this car and that it is absolutely stunning in real life.

I will be seeing the Lexus LFA in a couple of weeks when it comes here for the Calgary Auto Show where the white LFA will be displayed so I will form an opinion for myself. I will take plenty of pictures.

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Like I said, the Gallardo is the best track car they make at the moment. Is the LFA really worth $175K more than a Gallardo???

And regarding numbers and allocation, until some hard data is available this speculation is unfounded. How many of those allocated cars are going to dealers that will still have to unload them?

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 02-19-11 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-20-11, 12:56 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If Lamborghini only made 500 Gallardo's with a carbon fiber chassis and body and priced it at 250K, then the LFA wouldn't be worth more than 100k over it. But till then, it's not a 'special' car or a 'limited' run. That's why the LFA is what price it is. Is the Enzo worth a million bucks or 750K over the 458 when it's lap times are only equal to it?
Old 02-20-11, 01:47 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The IS F is a "bore" to drive compared to any of the exotics....and I own one.

I drove the LP640 last month and it is a whole different world compared to my F. The Gallardo would have been even better on the track considering it's power to weight ratio. The Murci is a huge pig on the track.

I can't even imagine why that comment would even raise eyebrows?

I'm in South Beach tonight and have seen about 5 Gallardos so far....there is not a single thing that is dull about the car.
That's exactly why his comment raised my eyebrows. Obviously compared to an exotic, the IS F would seem "boring". That is like comparing an M3 or S2000 to a Camry, and calling the Camry "boring" in comparison. It's an obvious statement that should not have even been made in the first place IMHO.

To me they are dull, but to each their own. The Gallardo lacks presence IMO, and personally it just looks like a boxy wedge. I never liked the Gallardo. I was always a MUCH bigger fan of the Murcielago.

If people are going to claim that many of these are going to dealers, they must provide proof. The onus is on the haters or critics to provide proof to counter whatever information or data we have thus far.
Old 02-20-11, 06:28 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,363 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
the haters or critics
Guys we ask again for the labeling of other members to stop... those types of borderline personal attacks nearly always take good discussion threads downhill and make them more confrontational.

PLEASE no more 'haters or cricitics' or 'fanboy' name calling, either genericly aimed or personal.
Old 02-20-11, 06:56 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You guys are very fortunate. Is this only going down in CA or is this going to be like the ISF event they held?
Old 02-20-11, 10:18 PM
LexFather

When I rode back to back in the LFA to IS F even I commented how the the IS F felt like a Lincoln Town Car in comparison. Think about that for a second. The hardcore IS F felt like a wobbly walrus compared to the LFA.

It sometimes is hard to fathom why it might be 375k in regards to the build process but the two are not even close in feel and performance.

The level of the LFA (and surely other exotics) is quite astonishing to cars like the IS F/M3/C63 etc.
Old 02-20-11, 10:23 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TO be honest, the review isn't a member here, and he was being critical of the LFA. But making fun of people isn't cool.
Old 02-22-11, 12:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
You guys are very fortunate. Is this only going down in CA or is this going to be like the ISF event they held?
they have a few events around, but it's not going to be in a lot of places for obvious reasons. also this is an very exclusive by invite only event. i am really not trying to make myself look special, i was just lucky enough to be one. but lexus doesn't publicize this event at all, and of the whole day only 40 people were invited to the track

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Great write up!! Henry. I had a blast reading it.

Yeah, I think the two colors are the biggest culprit. The yellow "hides" the lines and creases on the LFA and that orange paint job is horrible!! I think Lexus should fire the company that repainted this car twice. The orange paint looks flat.

I think Lexus LFA looks best in red, black, blue and pearl grey.

Strange thing is, the concept no.2 of Lexus LFA had flared rear arches and the front end was more "curvy", but they took both of them out. The wheel arches also looked completely filled in the concept.
thanks a lot, really appreciate it. i really just wanted to take myself out and do a review on the lfa that it deserves. not because i own lexus or drive something else, not because i pro or anti lexus, but just try to point out things about the car and how one should appreciate the car.

i do plan to do another write up about my experience at the event, and most importantly, about driving the lfa and also my talk with scott. i don't want to rush anything because i want to point out little things i noticed. not everything will be positive, but again i want to do a fair review on the car. what's good is good, what's bad shouldn't be hidden.

regarding some replies in this thread, i think some people are too caught up in "defending" the lfa whenever there is a negative view on the car. if you can come out and say exotics are all about emotional buy, then everything is out of the window and we can all say it's bs to talk about all the numbers or what the lfa is capable of.

it's just a current exotic owner and his view on the lfa, nothing more nothing less. it can be as simple as his LP560 giving him far more excitement than the lfa, there is nothing to quantify about.

and if i have to talk about isf? yes, to be honest i think it's a bit boring to drive (and yes, i drove the car again at the track). i am comparing it to my m3. but it's just my opinion, some agree, some don't. isf numbers are very close to m3 no matter how to look at it, so it comes down to the connection right?

thinking how the LP560 looks boxy and boring and no presence, that's really no difference than what some think the LFA has high lines and big and no presence. it's the exact same thing, it's just opinions. we can all learn how to respect others', even though we don't necessarily agree with them.

to kick things off? i was in the lfa (literally in the car) for a while, and yes, i did have my "bore" moment as well. surprised? yes, i was very surprised. that's exactly why i want more time to compose my thoughts. i wonder if someone is going to say i am about to bash the car now
Old 02-22-11, 04:24 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Teasing?? LOL

Being bored in LFA. Wow! now my curiosity has been piqued.

they have a few events around, but it's not going to be in a lot of places for obvious reasons. also this is an very exclusive by invite only event. i am really not trying to make myself look special, i was just lucky enough to be one. but lexus doesn't publicize this event at all, and of the whole day only 40 people were invited to the track

thanks a lot, really appreciate it. i really just wanted to take myself out and do a review on the lfa that it deserves. not because i own lexus or drive something else, not because i pro or anti lexus, but just try to point out things about the car and how one should appreciate the car.

i do plan to do another write up about my experience at the event, and most importantly, about driving the lfa and also my talk with scott. i don't want to rush anything because i want to point out little things i noticed. not everything will be positive, but again i want to do a fair review on the car. what's good is good, what's bad shouldn't be hidden.

regarding some replies in this thread, i think some people are too caught up in "defending" the lfa whenever there is a negative view on the car. if you can come out and say exotics are all about emotional buy, then everything is out of the window and we can all say it's bs to talk about all the numbers or what the lfa is capable of.

it's just a current exotic owner and his view on the lfa, nothing more nothing less. it can be as simple as his LP560 giving him far more excitement than the lfa, there is nothing to quantify about.

and if i have to talk about isf? yes, to be honest i think it's a bit boring to drive (and yes, i drove the car again at the track). i am comparing it to my m3. but it's just my opinion, some agree, some don't. isf numbers are very close to m3 no matter how to look at it, so it comes down to the connection right?

thinking how the LP560 looks boxy and boring and no presence, that's really no difference than what some think the LFA has high lines and big and no presence. it's the exact same thing, it's just opinions. we can all learn how to respect others', even though we don't necessarily agree with them.

to kick things off? i was in the lfa (literally in the car) for a while, and yes, i did have my "bore" moment as well. surprised? yes, i was very surprised. that's exactly why i want more time to compose my thoughts. i wonder if someone is going to say i am about to bash the car now
Old 02-22-11, 05:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

hahhaa nah, i don't like to tease people but i just want to think it through before writing everything down. it's a lot of thoughts about this car
Old 02-22-11, 08:00 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Remember LFA even outperformed the hard-edged stripped down to the welds LP570-4 around the track with Pirelli Corsa super slick tires??, which it does not directly even compete with due to luxury intensive nature of LFA. An LP560-4 or the old Gallardo are very far fetched from being in the league of the Lexus LFA.
I'm not sure why you consider the Gallardo as being "far fetched" for being "in the league" of the LFA?

Care to elaborate?

The LP560-4 currently with a few options on goes for $260,000 and the LP570-4 goes for close to $300,000. The price gap is very minimal considering the luxuries in LFA and also that it is 70% carbon fiber. The V10 in LFA is known to be much more responsive than the V10 in the Gallardo (as apparent from the original post).
With the LFA being $390K all in the difference is still $100-130K. Worth it? All depends on what you value.

I will be seeing the Lexus LFA in a couple of weeks when it comes here for the Calgary Auto Show where the white LFA will be displayed so I will form an opinion for myself. I will take plenty of pictures.
Me too.

I'd be happy to say hello as it is very clear we both like to talk cars....maybe we can even run.

+1

How much did you have to drink in Vegas Henry???

I'm sorry but the F is "very close" to the E90/92 M3. I have a hard time understanding how a car whose tailights you'll stare at all day is boring compared to your E93.

+1 again.

Driving it hard the whole time???

I find this comment interesting Henry. As you are well aware, I did an exotics driving experience with the GT-R, LP640, Italia and Scuderia and there wasn't one second that I was "bored" in any of the cars.

Hater.
Old 02-22-11, 09:12 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

I find this comment interesting Henry. As you are well aware, I did an exotics driving experience with the GT-R, LP640, Italia and Scuderia and there wasn't one second that I was "bored" in any of the cars.
Ya, I'm interested in reading his commentary on that too. Heck, I don't even get bored tracking the "boring" IS F at a "boring" track like Autobahn. Haha. I do get pretty tired though, my endurance wears down fast. I can never imagine how the pros race for 2-3 hours, much less some of those old stories of endurance drivers racing for 10+ hours at a time.

Quick Reply: LFA track event in Cali today??