LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA vs Suzuki GSX-R 750 on the highway drag race

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-11, 02:57 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
I used to be a hardcore street racer and I raced a fair amount of bikes with my not so fast cars.........the determining factor for bike is mostly rider's skills and *****..........it takes A LOT of skills to get a good launch on a bike from a dig with such little traction, and it takes BIG ***** to go 140+ on a bike. Cars I had was pretty slow, a low 12s R34 GTR, high 12s STi......and I was able to stay in front of a few bikes due to the rider's lack of skills or *****. Just the other day, I was able to stay in front of a bike trying to pass me on the freeway, I was even in my ultra slow stock SC430 with the top down and I never went faster then 135.........and he was chasing me...... So I don't doubt flipside909's can play with bikes in his ISF, he did say most of them shut down at 120.........I found the same thing, not many of them are willing to go past 120, 140 at most. I have only found a few willing to go past 150......

Of course with a highly skilled rider, only a few cars can beat a fast bike. But most riders you encounter on the street don't have much skills. A R35 GTR with a few mods runs mid 10s now a days, with the auto tranny and launch control, any grandma can do 10 seconds passes in a R35 GTR. How many rider on the street can make 10 seconds passes cleanly everytime?

I read a cycle magazine once telling how much skills are required to make 9 seconds pass on a fast street bike on street tires.........is not an easy thing at all.
yeah thats my point a lot of kids/people cant ride but still race and represent bikes in a bad way. This is my second bike, my first bike was a 00 Zx9, full pipe, stretched swing arm and i was able to pull of very low 10 sec passes@134mph. My first ever pass on that bike was mid 11sec pass and i've never raced before and just started riding 3 weeks prior to that. After a few trips to a drag strip i got it down into low 10s, that bike ran high 9s with a light female on it from whom i bough it. I got bored a month later(too slow) i was getting beat by everyone and their mom at the track and my friends all owned busas. I bought a 14,put exhaust on it and filter and headed to the track with temp tags. My best pass of that day was 9.9@146mph. I stayed with it and 2 months later i went 9.28@152mph with the same set up. Hardest part is to get a good launch on a street bike, they have very little trq and you have to slip the hell out of the clutch and rev them very high. (600s launch in 12k rpm range, 1liter bikes in 8k rpm range and big bikes in 5k rpm range) after you get a good launch its hard to keep the front end down , clutch control and being wide open 100% of the time is the key. Tires on stock wheel base play no role, bikes will wheelie before they spin all day. Wheelie= very poor ET.
Old 05-07-11, 11:46 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to be a hardcore street racer and I raced a fair amount of bikes with my not so fast cars.........the determining factor for bike is mostly rider's skills and *****..........it takes A LOT of skills to get a good launch on a bike from a dig with such little traction, and it takes BIG ***** to go 140+ on a bike. Cars I had was pretty slow, a low 12s R34 GTR, high 12s STi......and I was able to stay in front of a few bikes due to the rider's lack of skills or *****. Just the other day, I was able to stay in front of a bike trying to pass me on the freeway, I was even in my ultra slow stock SC430 with the top down and I never went faster then 135.........and he was chasing me...... So I don't doubt flipside909's can play with bikes in his ISF, he did say most of them shut down at 120.........I found the same thing, not many of them are willing to go past 120, 140 at most. I have only found a few willing to go past 150......

Of course with a highly skilled rider, only a few cars can beat a fast bike. But most riders you encounter on the street don't have much skills. A R35 GTR with a few mods runs mid 10s now a days, with the auto tranny and launch control, any grandma can do 10 seconds passes in a R35 GTR. How many rider on the street can make 10 seconds passes cleanly everytime?

I read a cycle magazine once telling how much skills are required to make 9 seconds pass on a fast street bike on street tires.........is not an easy thing at all.
good post man and you are very true. it takes one helluva rider to get even the fastest bikes into the 9's and lower. it took me the better part of a year just to get the ***** to launch my zx10 the way it was meant to be launched at the track. there is a serious price to pay for doing something incorrect on a bike like vital injuries , damaged bike, or death. i have seen people make mistakes in a car and 99.9 percent of them live to do that same mistake over and over. but good post man

Last edited by stasis3131; 05-07-11 at 11:51 PM.
Old 05-07-11, 11:52 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MDSC
yeah thats my point a lot of kids/people cant ride but still race and represent bikes in a bad way. This is my second bike, my first bike was a 00 Zx9, full pipe, stretched swing arm and i was able to pull of very low 10 sec passes@134mph. My first ever pass on that bike was mid 11sec pass and i've never raced before and just started riding 3 weeks prior to that. After a few trips to a drag strip i got it down into low 10s, that bike ran high 9s with a light female on it from whom i bough it. I got bored a month later(too slow) i was getting beat by everyone and their mom at the track and my friends all owned busas. I bought a 14,put exhaust on it and filter and headed to the track with temp tags. My best pass of that day was 9.9@146mph. I stayed with it and 2 months later i went 9.28@152mph with the same set up. Hardest part is to get a good launch on a street bike, they have very little trq and you have to slip the hell out of the clutch and rev them very high. (600s launch in 12k rpm range, 1liter bikes in 8k rpm range and big bikes in 5k rpm range) after you get a good launch its hard to keep the front end down , clutch control and being wide open 100% of the time is the key. Tires on stock wheel base play no role, bikes will wheelie before they spin all day. Wheelie= very poor ET.
good post and thats a good pass at 9.28 on that heavy zx14
Old 05-08-11, 05:45 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
OK so finally my point....you say it takes big ***** to go 140+ but (and again this is my personal train of thoughts) i havent ever been really scared to go fast because after about 120ish if you crash your pretty much dead so 120 or 160 its about the same thing to me when i ride
Exactly, that's why most bikers shut down around 100~120, not a whole lot of them truely don't care about dying.

If a biker go beyond 120.........they would just keep going because like you said, it really doesn't matter anymore. Those are usually guys with nothing to lose, they truely don't care about death.....very few of those though. They are mostly very young kids who never thought about consequences or never crash before, guys feels invincible at 18 years old, they really don't think they can die from a 150 mph crash. They don't even feel they need to wear helmet and I even saw a group of them riding on a very hot day not even wearing a shirt! They were half naked! That's awesome!
Old 05-08-11, 05:51 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by flipside909
Exactly. I like to show these punk kids they're not invincible with their ricer bikes....mainly the Gixxer kids.
I feel the same way......I love to play with bikes, most of them can't ride so they even have a hard time keeping up with me. That dude that can't pass me in my SC430 got sooooooo pissed, I understand though, it is a bone stock SC430, if you can't pass it in a bike...........THAT is embarrassing
Old 05-08-11, 05:54 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TF109B
weird though- if you have money for an LFA, why put the engine in a heavier car? And you think they'll make more of this engine than the 500 LFA's being sold? If they put the engine anywhere I hope it's in a race car.
You don't read my post at all huh?

Guys who will put a LFA's engine into a lesser car is guys who can't afford a LFA but got a lot of times on their hands. Got a IS250 or ISF with a bad motor in it, found a wrecked LFA with a good motor in it...........wa laa......swapped.
Old 05-08-11, 05:57 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Hardest part is to get a good launch on a street bike, they have very little trq and you have to slip the hell out of the clutch and rev them very high. (600s launch in 12k rpm range, 1liter bikes in 8k rpm range and big bikes in 5k rpm range) after you get a good launch its hard to keep the front end down , clutch control and being wide open 100% of the time is the key. Tires on stock wheel base play no role, bikes will wheelie before they spin all day. Wheelie= very poor ET.
Actually now that you mentioned it, it is a very difficult task.........I made it sounds too easy by saying it is not easy at all.
Old 05-08-11, 06:00 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by stasis3131
i have seen people make mistakes in a car and 99.9 percent of them live to do that same mistake over and over. but good post man
Thanks

You crashed hard in a car, claim insurance and buy a different car next week.

Crashed hard on a bike, stay in the hospital for months and fight for your life.
Old 05-09-11, 09:28 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Speaking of bikes...I prefer Yamahas over Suzuki and Honda myself.
ugh

Hardest part is to get a good launch on a street bike, they have very little trq and you have to slip the hell out of the clutch and rev them very high.
launch limiter

Exactly, that's why most bikers shut down around 100~120, not a whole lot of them truely don't care about dying.

If a biker go beyond 120.........they would just keep going because like you said, it really doesn't matter anymore. Those are usually guys with nothing to lose, they truely don't care about death....
its not that i dont care about dying....nothing like that at all. its a exhilarating feeling though being that fast
Old 05-09-11, 10:18 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sakataj
its not that i dont care about dying....nothing like that at all. its a exhilarating feeling though being that fast
I know what you mean, I don't think there is a single healthy human exist that truely don't care about dying.

I feel the same way, but I do it in cars. If there is a open stretch of road in front of me and I feel like it, I am gonna floor it for as long as I can.......it feels so good. I just pray nothing bad happens.

Is a good thing I can't afford very fast cars.........if I got a Veyron, I would do 200 mph in a school zone if I feel like it.