Silkky
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, but it made the movie better. :P
Old 05-14-11, 10:29 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

<3 the LFA. Here's a video of me driving it around Infineon Raceway. Good times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAsmadPrCJQ
Old 05-14-11, 11:02 PM
IS3003o3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Silkky
Yes, but it made the movie better. :P
i remember seeing a glimpse of it from the trailer and got stoked. then i was extremely disappointed
Old 05-14-11, 11:10 PM
evogt500
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by H_G'S_IS
the Audi R8 looks a 100 times better then this,n for dat kind of money,naw.....just my 2cents
The LFA's exhaust note sounds 100 times better than the R8.
Old 05-15-11, 03:21 AM
HIDness
Driver

over priced.............
Old 05-15-11, 04:09 AM
ernestfyu
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by H_G'S_IS
the Audi R8 looks a 100 times better then this,n for dat kind of money,naw.....just my 2cents
Interesting opinion. i find the r8 incredibly hideous haha!
I'm still waiting for the opportunity to see a LFA in person.
Old 05-15-11, 09:29 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,475 Likes on 1,780 Posts

That silver LFA is the same one that smoked the GSX-R 750 in a drag race.

I have seen LFA in person at the local car show and it is a show stopper as most people completely ignore other cars and swarm around it ignoring other exotic cars like the 458 Italia, LP570-4 etc.

You were only at 4500 - 5000 rpm. LFA's fuel cut is at 9500 rpm. Not 4000 - 5000 rpm. What you were experiencing was LFA's exceptional throttle response resulting in the rapid jerking forward. If you change the throttle positioning quickly, LFA will jerk forward rapidly because it can monitor the throttle movement and respond much quicker than 99.9% of the engine's out there.

Originally Posted by brociouz
<3 the LFA. Here's a video of me driving it around Infineon Raceway. Good times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAsmadPrCJQ

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 05-15-11 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-15-11, 10:29 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by kumquatism
I'm sorry but nobody who is considering a car like this is concerned about "value" or bang for your buck..so that's a moot point. I don't understand the talks about value for the money with cars of this calibur. If you want bang for your buck then just get a gtr and quit bashing UNIQUE cars like the LF-A
Precisely. I guess far too many people on this forum are too dense to understand that...

When you buy an LFA, you are getting an engineering marvel, with near-one-off characteristics [since many will vary with trims].

There's a reason the other cars are cheaper, they weren't under 'engineering' for a decade, and they are more 'common'. With that said, i'm not saying that the LFA is inexpensive, but it has the 'one thing' that only few seem to appreciate when talking dollars and cents.

Originally Posted by HIDness
over priced.............
That's relative. Someone that has the cash flow to afford one, will have the taste to do so. It's not like they'll need to hold off on maintenance or live 'uncomfortably' to afford an LFA
Old 05-15-11, 10:51 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
You were only at 4500 - 5000 rpm. LFA's fuel cut is at 9500 rpm. Not 4000 - 5000 rpm. What you were experiencing was LFA's exceptional throttle response resulting in the rapid jerking forward. If you change the throttle positioning quickly, LFA will jerk forward rapidly because it can monitor the throttle movement and respond much quicker than 99.9% of the engine's out there.
That's what I was thinking as well, but the guy sitting next to me who told me it was the fuel cut has driven the LFA a lot more than me.
Old 05-15-11, 06:41 PM
kostas86
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-15-11, 07:30 PM
earpig
Driver School Candidate

These pics are great. Thanks for posting.
FYI The rims are hand-polished and not chrome.
I know the owners of this beautiful machine and can personally tell you it is an astounding vehicle. The sound of the engine as it pulls to 9000+ RPM is simply stirring. It does not deliver the massive torque numbers that turbo/ supercharged cars do, but it has seemingly endless and relentless power delivery. The shifts are sharp and precise, but definitley felt.
The best case for argument in my opinion is the GTR. That car in stock form is an absolute beast. I cannot imagine it if you put half the difference of the price back into the engine.
There are some who cannot get past the price tag. That's fair. But for some there can be another dimension, a higher-plane so to speak, of a car, and to driving it. Something that for the few owners of the LFA cannot be priced. They understand that the value runs much deeper than the horsepower spec or 1/4 mile times. The LFA, from my personal experience, is a vehicle that is far greater than the sum of its parts. No matter what you may think, if you get the chance to drive or ride in an LFA, I assure you, you will be impressed.
Old 05-15-11, 08:05 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Brociouz was in 2nd gear but he floored it too soon causing the engine to cut back fuel. If that wasn't the case, the rear wheels would have just spun out of control. The reason why I know it was fuel cut is because it happened to me in that same LFA the evening before, driving over the Golden Gate Bridge into San Francisco. If it was the computer controlling it by traction control, the LFA wouldn't have done exactly what it did, but instead just slow down and let the engine power ease off.

Have you ever driven a rear wheel drive Lexus with traction control engaging before? Or have you ever driven or rode in an LFA before?
Old 05-15-11, 08:11 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
Brociouz was in 2nd gear but he floored it too soon causing the engine to cut back fuel. If that wasn't the case, the rear wheels would have just spun out of control. The reason why I know it was fuel cut is because it happened to me in that same LFA the evening before, driving over the Golden Gate Bridge into San Francisco. If it was the computer controlling it by traction control, the LFA wouldn't have done exactly what it did, but instead just slow down and let the engine power ease off.
I guess that means the traction control reigns in power through putting a fuel cut off. Never seen/experienced that in any other car so it is a first for me.

I remember samething happened to Adam Carolla in his video as well while he was coasting on the road in-gear.

Have you ever driven a rear wheel drive Lexus with traction control engaging before? Or have you ever driven or rode in an LFA before?
IS300 e-shift, IS250 6 speed, IS350 and IS-F.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 05-15-11 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-15-11, 08:14 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Not sure how that could be possible when the gear is engaged and rpms lofting around 4500 - 5000 rpm, but I guess that means the traction control reigns in power through putting a fuel cut off. Never seen/experienced that in another car.
The throttle in the LFA is quite touchy...which brings me to my original question...

Have you ever driven or rode in the LFA before?

Also, have you driven the IS 350 or IS F in a condition when traction control engages?
Old 05-15-11, 08:19 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I never sensed the traction control engaging at any point even when I got it quite quickly on a circular fly-over merging with the highway. I have seen it engage in other cars where it suddenly reduces power. No fuel cut off.

Originally Posted by flipside909

Also, have you driven the IS 350 or IS F in a condition when traction control engages?

Quick Reply: What I saw (LFA)