LFA Model (2012)

What I saw (LFA)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-11, 08:28 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I never sensed the traction control engaging at any point even when I got it quite quickly on a circular fly-over merging with the highway. I have seen it engage in other cars where it suddenly reduces power. No fuel cut off.
Its okay to admit you have never rode or driven the LFA because not very many people in the world have seen the car in person. If you ever get to experience the LFA, then you will understand why the car behaves like it does...especially with a very quick revving V10. As for the traction control and how it behaves, it most modern cars, traction control will operate with a combination of the engine ecu retarding power and the actuation of the ABS. In the LFA in SPORT mode for whatever reason, cuts off the fuel if you mash into it too fast. I have never pushed the LFA before outside of SPORT mode. I know for a fact in AUTO, NORM and WET modes, the throttle response is slow unlike in SPORT mode. It works the same way for other Toyota and Lexus cars with a selectable ECT mode. In my IS F for example, you can rev the engine all day at it will move at a certain rate. You switch it into SPORT mode, the engine revs faster thanks to an altered throttle response program.
Old 05-15-11, 08:36 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Thanks.

I seriously never heard of fuel-cut off being used as a means to reign in power by traction control. I mean, I have driven an E90 M3 sedan 6 speed manual as well in M dynamic mode with traction control engaged where the tail got out a bit one turn before suddenly the power was cut back and the rear easily got in line. No fuel cut off at all.

The forward jerking in that video of LFA looked to me like the engine responding to minute changes in the throttle positioning, but definitely I am wrong on that.

I guess, there is always something different out there.

Originally Posted by flipside909
Its okay to admit you have never rode or driven the LFA because not very many people in the world have seen the car in person. If you ever get to experience the LFA, then you will understand why the car behaves like it does...especially with a very quick revving V10. As for the traction control and how it behaves, it most modern cars, traction control will operate with a combination of the engine ecu retarding power and the actuation of the ABS. In the LFA in SPORT mode for whatever reason, cuts off the fuel if you mash into it too fast. I have never pushed the LFA before outside of SPORT mode. I know for a fact in AUTO, NORM and WET modes, the throttle response is slow unlike in SPORT mode. It works the same way for other Toyota and Lexus cars with a selectable ECT mode. In my IS F for example, you can rev the engine all day at it will move at a certain rate. You switch it into SPORT mode, the engine revs faster thanks to an altered throttle response program.
Old 05-15-11, 08:41 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS

The forward jerking in that video of LFA looked to me like the engine responding to minute changes in the throttle positioning, but definitely I am wrong on that.
The LFA wont behave like that unless you suddenly mash it. In this case and in my experience, it was done in SPORT mode.