LFA Model (2012)

My Lexus LFA story at the Nurburgring

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-11, 01:55 PM
Brylek
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This actually is a pretty funny story. I drove around for some time and I couldn't find them. One time I was sitting in my rental close to the ring's exit for over an hour so I could follow the car but nothing... When I ran out of money I started looking for a place to exchange US dollars to Euros, there was one in the info center but it opened at 2pm so I asked my brilliant navigation system to find me the nearest bank. I drove for around 12km and I saw 2 nurburgring edition LFAs parked in front of a white/unmarked building. I pulled over and started walking towards them with my camera. One of the guys started waving his hands at the camera so I put it back in my car and walked back towards them. I was later asked "Who are you and what are you doing here?" I introduced myself and told them and that I love the car and if they don't mind I would like to stand there for a minute and just look at it. They later asked if I worked for a car magazine, I said no.
I was standing there for about 5 minutes after which they left so I followed them to the entrance. When they turned left to the ring's entrance I turned right to the forest . This is how I was able to take some of the above pictures.
In the evening I decided to go back to see more but I couldn't find the place. I found another building that looked identical to the LFA one but all there was was a bunch of porsches. At first I thought that Lexus rented Porsche's garage but because the doors were closed I couldn't see anything. I went back to the bank I'd been to ealier(to exchange money) to make sure the GPS will guide me the same way. 30 minutes later I found the place, it was one more village down and they had one yellow LHD and one blue RHD parked along the hedges. I parked my rental and I saw them struggling with some sort of package they were unloading from a small fork lift. I almost jumped udearneath it to help them unload the big and heavy box and gain their sympathy. Later one of the Lexus test drivers walked up to me and asked me where I'm from. He spoke poor english but we were able to communicate. I was telling them how I own the Honda NSX and this would be my future car since Honda is not making any fun cars anymore and we talked about the LFA for nearly an hour. I was waiting for the guy to ask me if I at least wanted to sit in the car but it never happened. At the end he asked me to wait where I was standing so he can go get something for me- he brought back a white LFA sticker. Maybe it isn't much but to me it was huge .
The next morning I woke up and drove to the airport. Nurburgring was the last place I visited during my "Eurotrip", prior to that I visited Ayerton Senna's statue at Imola, Italy, Monaco and a bunch of non-car related places. I have never seen a place like Monaco in my entire life, during 3 hours of walking around I saw Ferrari enzos, Veyrons, SLRs, SLSs and everything else you can possibly think of...
And yes I drove around the ring twice in a Renault Megane RS- it was one of the rental options on the ring.
If you guys like the NSX here's mine
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141357

Last edited by Brylek; 09-08-11 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-08-11, 02:54 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Great story
Many of us are ex Honda folks
Did you see the Senna movie playing at Century City
Old 09-08-11, 02:59 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

wow, what a great story....good trip right there man. ty for the pics.

i to still have a soft spot for the NSX, i still swear it was one of the best handling cars i have EVER driven,albeit wasnt stock but it was amazing none-the-less. had acura/honda actually put some power into it that car really would have been a competitor for the Ferrari or Lamborghini
Old 09-08-11, 03:31 PM
Brylek
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Great story
Many of us are ex Honda folks
Did you see the Senna movie playing at Century City
I saw this movie a few months ago when it was already available for download on torrents, I liked it a lot.

Originally Posted by sakataj
wow, what a great story....good trip right there man. ty for the pics.

i to still have a soft spot for the NSX, i still swear it was one of the best handling cars i have EVER driven,albeit wasnt stock but it was amazing none-the-less. had acura/honda actually put some power into it that car really would have been a competitor for the Ferrari or Lamborghini

My car came with the "Comptech package" ($16k option), it includes the Comptech supercharger (100hp more), headers, exhaust, F+R anty sway bars and an air intake box. I added coilovers to the list and when i was racing against a Porsche GT3 (non RS) my lap time was 1:48 and the GT3 was doing 1:46. Not bad for a 20 year old chassis and still less HP with stock brakes.

I still say that the LFA and NSX were the best 2 cars to ever leave Japan. I have plenty of respect for the GTR but it doesn't have the exotic theme... I'm sure there is plenty guys that will disagree but it's just my opinion.

Last edited by Brylek; 09-08-11 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-08-11, 03:49 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn Paul, now that is what I call "helping the community"! Hot damn! Thanks!
Old 09-08-11, 03:49 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the great story! What an experience haha.
Originally Posted by Brylek
I still say that the LFA and NSX were the best 2 cars to ever leave Japan. I have plenty of respect for the GTR but it doesn't have the exotic theme... I'm sure there is plenty guys that will disagree but it's just my opinion.
My sentiment too. The NSX and the LFA are built from the ground up to be a true sports car, both using a dedicated platform and an exclusive engine not derived from any existing hardware. The GT-R on the other hand is more like a Skyline Plus, using a modified FM platform and a tweaked, twin-turbo'd VQ engine that are used throughout Nissan's existing mundane lineup. The end result is still an amazingly performing car, but has simply nowhere near the exoticness and exclusivity that the NSX and the LFA do.
Old 09-08-11, 03:51 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Nice man, thanks for the pictures! did you get video too?

LFA really is a masterpiece.
Old 09-08-11, 03:58 PM
Cali2is
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Great pics... Thanks for sharing these with everyone...
Old 09-08-11, 04:03 PM
Brylek
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys, sorry no videos. My camera isn't capable of recording. One more thing that was left out before, when I was talking to one of the Lexus's drivers after I helped them unload the big wooden box the rest of the guys put one of their Nurburg edition LFAs on a lift and started working on it. It turnes out the box contained an exhaust that they were later putting on the car. Here is a phone picture I took when I was leaving:
Attached Thumbnails My Lexus LFA story at the Nurburgring-08242011001.jpg  
Old 09-08-11, 04:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow awesome story there. funny how everything happened, i guess they were also so afraid that they were exposed
Old 09-08-11, 04:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

I saw this movie a few months ago when it was already available for download on torrents, I liked it a lot.

My car came with the "Comptech package" ($16k option), it includes the Comptech supercharger (100hp more), headers, exhaust, F+R anty sway bars and an air intake box. I added coilovers to the list and when i was racing against a Porsche GT3 (non RS) my lap time was 1:48 and the GT3 was doing 1:46. Not bad for a 20 year old chassis and still less HP with stock brakes.

well said. i look at the nsx and lfa equally. they are both the bombs at their time. of course lfa is faster and better now, but at its time, nsx took all the crowns.
Old 09-08-11, 04:29 PM
Brylek
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
well said. i look at the nsx and lfa equally. they are both the bombs at their time. of course lfa is faster and better now, but at its time, nsx took all the crowns.
Exactly, plus when the NSX was introduced in 1989 everyone was surprised/sceptical about the all aluminium body and 20 years later Lexus is the first to launch a carbon fiber chassis. To me the LFA is the new NSX .

Last edited by Brylek; 09-08-11 at 04:41 PM.
Old 09-08-11, 04:43 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts
Thumbs up

If you guys like the NSX here's mine
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141357
No, NSX sucks. It's too old.

Glad to see you over here newbie

Awesome pictures and we all appreciate it

I was denied an LFA and had to settle for the NSX (yeah right). Besides, it's only 1/10 of the price too
Old 09-08-11, 05:09 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 160 Likes on 118 Posts

awesome work Paul, thank you!
Old 09-08-11, 05:32 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts

Thanks for the pictures, must be quite an experience too

Quick Reply: My Lexus LFA story at the Nurburgring