LFA Model (2012)

When having one LFA is not enough...?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-11, 11:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
They have allowed other owners to pick numbers too (for example, Javier Quiros).

He is also not the only person to order more than one LFA. As I mentioned previously, a PS told me at least two LFA buyers in the US ordered both a regular LFA and a Nürburgring Package.
i was kind of hoping this owner pick up nur edition as his second / last lfa. he brings his car everywhere and even the track, that would be awesome exposure for lexus
Old 10-12-11, 04:34 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, that was me asking for late delivery. So the plan now is on for Nov 2012 build. Then transportation time and winter storage would push my delivery into spring of 2013.
Old 10-12-11, 08:38 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
Yep, that was me asking for late delivery. So the plan now is on for Nov 2012 build. Then transportation time and winter storage would push my delivery into spring of 2013.
you have great patience!!!! i would be thinking about the car every day!
Old 10-12-11, 09:12 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
Just get another one. While at it, why not get the first and last one in the production

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6741896-post22.html
damn

I was thinking one for a DD and the other as a weekend car

you have great patience!!!! i would be thinking about the car every day!
Definitely a lot of patience.

There's no way I can wait a whole year.........I'd be shaking like a insert poison addict going through withdrawal
Old 10-12-11, 10:30 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

lol i would want my car like yesterday
Old 10-12-11, 10:30 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by TF109B
Will there ever be different colors for the Nurburgring package? Do you think if they offered to pay more Lexus would do something 'unique' for an owner and paint a Nurburgring edition say, red?
So far it's only slated with 4 colors....

Originally Posted by Lexus
  • This limited edition LFA will be available in four exterior colors – Whitest White, Orange, Black and Matte Black complemented by a choice of three interior colors – black, red, and violet. All come with a carbon fiber center console and door trim. The Nürburgring Package will carry a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $70,000. Matte black will carry an additional cost of $20,000. The standard LFA carries a MSRP of $375,000.

~ Joe Z
Old 10-12-11, 10:49 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
So far it's only slated with 4 colors....

~ Joe Z
No legitimate reasons for that IMO ...... Interior maybe I can understand ...
Old 10-12-11, 10:55 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

I won't get Matte Black even if THEY PAY ME $20,000 ......
Old 10-12-11, 11:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
No legitimate reasons for that IMO ...... Interior maybe I can understand ...
well some other companies also have limited color choices for some special editions. not that i am a fan, but i guess it helps to "distinguish". though i think it's cooler if the color choices are completely exclusive
Old 10-12-11, 12:19 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

well some other companies also have limited color choices for some special editions. not that i am a fan, but i guess it helps to "distinguish". though i think it's cooler if the color choices are completely exclusive
That's the thing , being bespoke is supposed to be a big deal for the LFA given the price, yet they chose to TAKE AWAY the vast majority of the paint choices for their most expensive and special model Make zero sense to me ... I'd be pissed if I want the Nurgurgring Edition but don't like any of the colors THEY DECIDE I should have ...... and the Hyundai Equus is criticized for having only 4 color choices LOL ......
Old 10-12-11, 01:06 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

That's the thing , being bespoke is supposed to be a big deal for the LFA given the price, yet they chose to TAKE AWAY the vast majority of the paint choices for their most expensive and special model Make zero sense to me ... I'd be pissed if I want the Nurgurgring Edition but don't like any of the colors THEY DECIDE I should have ...... and the Hyundai Equus is criticized for having only 4 color choices LOL ......
Let's not speculate on what is or isn't possible based only on personal interpretations of a press release. As I have mentioned previously on this board, Lexus' PS' indicated to me that Lexus would work with customers who wanted to specify custom exterior colors outside of the standard/special offerings in the brochure.

Buyers who like the car enough can always have it repainted aftermarket. Actually, I've been thinking about getting my IS F redone in one of the LFA colors.

And comparing to mass market cars won't bear much relevant discussion. Even the mass production IS F is only offered in limited colors, but I don't think complaint there is really warranted - and pointedly, not in the same way as if the IS250 or 350 were only available in 6 colors or something.

Last edited by gengar; 10-12-11 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-12-11, 01:14 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Let's not speculate on what is or isn't possible based only on personal interpretations of a press release. As I have mentioned previously on this board, Lexus' PS indicated to me that Lexus would work with customers who wanted to specify exterior colors outside of the standard/special offerings in the brochure.

Buyers who like the car enough can always have it repainted aftermarket. Actually, I've been thinking about getting my IS F redone in one of the LFA colors.

And comparing to mass market cars won't bear much relevant discussion. Even the mass production IS F is only offered in limited colors, but I don't think complaint there is really warranted - and pointedly, not in the same way as if the IS250 or 350 were only available in 6 colors or something.
Then what's the point of mentioning that 4 colors in a press release when in reality , they would be willing to do anything ???

it is VERY relevent to compare with mass market cars in this case because most have more choices than 4, and no, they should offer the IS-F in any color available for the regular IS ...
Old 10-12-11, 02:35 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Then what's the point of mentioning that 4 colors in a press release when in reality , they would be willing to do anything ???
What's the point of Lexus mentioning 30 colors for the base LFA in a press release when they can do anything? Or Ferrari, around the same for the 458, when they can do anything? Or Porsche, maybe a dozen per model, when they can do anything? None of that is the point, which is that you can't just look at a press release in a vacuum and assume that limitations exist when that's just your own inference.
Old 10-12-11, 03:24 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Yeah I like the fact the Nur Ed. LFA gets 4 specific colors but I wish the 4 colors were outside the 30 already available.
Old 10-12-11, 03:41 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

What's the point of Lexus mentioning 30 colors for the base LFA in a press release when they can do anything? Or Ferrari, around the same for the 458, when they can do anything? Or Porsche, maybe a dozen per model, when they can do anything? None of that is the point, which is that you can't just look at a press release in a vacuum and assume that limitations exist when that's just your own inference.
That's for telling people that certain colours can be picked as is already, and you don't have to spend more time trying to mix a certain specific paint that does not exist yet , most people can already pick one that is close to what they like out of the thirty already , and they can look at the 30 samples that's already available . People like to see real samples to tell whether they like them , rather than having to tell them try to mix a new paint . I think that's the point of having 30 ready made choices . Press release should serve the purpose of providing official information , and a good one should be structured such that people can make accurate inference from them as much as possible . They should have emphasized on their PR that colors can be customized if people can't pick out of the 30 or so , rather than making it sound like it 's limited to 4 , with no mention at all of additional custom paint colors , IMO ...

Quick Reply: When having one LFA is not enough...?