LFA Model (2012)

Scream of an angel: A tribute to Hiromu Naruse/Lexus LFA memorable moments

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-11, 10:50 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,783 Posts
Default Scream of an angel: A tribute to Hiromu Naruse/Lexus LFA memorable moments

Some of you guys might have read my thread about my personal project I had been working on off and on for the last 4 months. Finally, it culminated today when I completed and uploaded the video.

I have never made a video before nor have I worked with editing softwares (though, I am a Software Engineer :-) ) so I first collected about 50 - 60 hours of footage and then carefully went through all of it making small pieces of what could potentially be a great LFA moment.

Once I had all the moments "pinned up", there were about 70 - 80 small pieces to choose from. I then meticulously went through each one of them putting them fiting them into the storyboard and re-arranging them to see how the overall mod and effect of the video was changing. Also, the emotional aspect of the clip had to be assessed as well.

I was looking for a video that builds and builds and builds and then ends with a bang. That is how you will see the clip progressions of the video.

Long story short, I ended up with a 17 minute video. Far longer than the 10 minute I had planned. Since the video was supposed to be a tribute to Hiromu Naruse as well, I could not chop off the last 2 minutes, which is dedicated to Hiromu Naruse.

Still, I realize it is a long tribute video, but I hope the fast pace of the video will not make it boring at any point.

Since I did not want the video contaminated by hatred and negative comments, I disabled them.

Anyway, check out the video and I hope you will not be bored with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVte-_gSiIY
Old 10-26-11, 10:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

great effort, thank you for the video!!!!
Old 10-26-11, 11:30 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great collection of videos! Thanks for the efforts. But it must be said that the background music is way too loud to hear what many of the presenters are saying. Can you re-upload the video with the music volume turned down please?
Old 10-27-11, 07:21 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks guys. Some of the problem exists from the audio quality of some video clips not being good at all (Chris Harris Evo review, for example) while it is great in the others and very loud (the dyno clip, for example where the only audio is the LFA scream).

So I tried my best for the overall video to have a good ratio (70% video volume and 30% background music volume).

I will see what I can do in terms of adjusting the video/audio volume ratio in the next day or so.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-27-11 at 07:48 AM.
Old 10-27-11, 08:49 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Thanks for the video. I love it.
Old 10-27-11, 10:30 AM
GS3Tek

Received 167 Likes on 127 Posts
Thumbs up

WOW! I LOVE IT!!!
Thank you.

The collection of exhaust notes did it for me.......and lots of clips too

Strangely enough, I was going to bump your old thread asking about an update
(Glad you disabled the comments)

So, is there a Part II?
Old 10-27-11, 10:37 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks guys. You guys enjoying it made all the hardwork I put into it for 4 months worth every while. Do remember to rate the video as well so that it shows lots of people admire the LFA.

I don't have any part II planned at the moment. I did have to weed out some great clips that could be used in part II. However, I think all the most dramatic were used up in this video.

If we have some great new footage and news come up in the next few months, definitely I would look into doing a part II.

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
WOW! I LOVE IT!!!
Thank you.

The collection of exhaust notes did it for me.......and lots of clips too

Strangely enough, I was going to bump your old thread asking about an update
(Glad you disabled the comments)

So, is there a Part II?
Old 10-27-11, 01:01 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

awesome work!!!!
Old 10-27-11, 01:20 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

nice job....

the picture of the red LFA at the end has been my screen saver for awhile now

Last edited by sakataj; 10-27-11 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-27-11, 06:03 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Awesome Thanks !!!
Old 10-27-11, 06:12 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks everyone guys. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed it.
Old 10-27-11, 07:12 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Thanks for the vid Rolla, I enjoyed it.

What was up with that joke disclaimer that played for a couple of seconds in the beginning?

In one post you say you are software engineer (i.e. where copyright is the key protection for your work) and then you write some crap disclaimer for your video that did not even cover what you did.

At work we have the red face test. If you look at your self in the mirror and can't say what you are thinking about doing without turning red, then it ain't the right thing to do. I believe you will get my point.
Old 10-27-11, 07:46 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I am not sure what that flaming is for. I don't have any red face whatsoever since I have nothing to gain from this.

I took video footages from the internet and then I arranged/edited and put my effort into making a video over 4 months out of it for no other reason than entertainment. The clips are available publicly everywhere over the internet and if anything I went out of my way to quote every possible source in the video in order to give proper credit.

Ofcourse, the disclaimer was that the usage was completely for non-profit purposes and for none other than entertainment. In the process, I put link direct link to every clip I used. I have absolutely nothing to gain from making this video other than entertainment and putting LFA in a good light through showcasing memorable moments. More like a snapshot in time through recapping some of the greatest moments in a single movie format.

When you talk about copyright infringement, you should know that applies to someone who is profiting off usage of someone else's intellectual property. That is, material or monetary gains of some sort through illegal usage of someone else' intellectual property.

The fair use law applies to usage of material for no other reason than entertainment, educational or research purposes without any intentions of personal gains. It is more than clear which one really applies here.

Ofcourse, I realized early many people would not be aware of this and mix apples and oranges and atleast someone will accuse me of stealing "food from someone else's child's table" etc. That is exactly what the disclaimer was intended to clarify that copyright law and "fair use" law are two different things.

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Thanks for the vid Rolla, I enjoyed it.

What was up with that joke disclaimer that played for a couple of seconds in the beginning?

In one post you say you are software engineer (i.e. where copyright is the key protection for your work) and then you write some crap disclaimer for your video that did not even cover what you did.

At work we have the red face test. If you look at your self in the mirror and can't say what you are thinking about doing without turning red, then it ain't the right thing to do. I believe you will get my point.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-27-11 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-27-11, 09:13 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Nice video. Looks like a lot of hard work!
Old 10-28-11, 06:01 PM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

That was awesome! Great work. Music a little loud at first but overall great vid. Good choice of song at the end!

Quick Reply: Scream of an angel: A tribute to Hiromu Naruse/Lexus LFA memorable moments