LFA Model (2012)

LFA on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-11, 06:27 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Well, I don't know about run-on or not, all I know is that it is grammatically correct, albeit long.

Anyway, I am not pointing any fingers by any means nor am I in any shape or form doing anything to step on anyone's toes, but pretty much in the last 2.5 years the visibility of LFA in the public eye is not much different at all since all those cars are nowhere to be seen.

The only time people see anything about the LFA is when it comes from Lexus corporate cars either being displayed in car meets, drive events or being given to press to drive.
LFA news is stale because there isn't really anything new to talk about...we all know the stats, the capability and usually where they're being sold.

That's mainly the sole purpose of corporate cars, to display and exhibit at events and use as tools to help sell their products. Lexus has 3 of them for a reason...and its because the United States is pretty large in the grand scale of things.

Now, it was mentioned there are only 52 LFAs in the US. So? Internet is global. Isn't it? There are not 52 LFAs Lexus so far built. They are closer to 200 by now delivered in the last 1 year and no one knows where they all are globally.

Case in point, I am 100% sure there is a huge disconnect between how exotic car owners typically share their passion with everyone keeping the cars from being forgotten and how most of the owners of the 200 something LFAs owners are rising to what Lexus officially was hoping they would do.
True, just because 52 were posted on the internet doesn't mean all have been accounted for. Many buyers have taken delivery of their LFA...majority of them choose not to advertise on the internet that they have one. Some choose to share, some don't. There are plenty out there with the real capital to buy one that have their assistants arrange the purchase. I know of a few people that have arranged their personal assistance to handle their schedules and some have given their assistants the authority to select the car on their behalf. One of them happens to have purchased 2 LFAs...one for his wife and one for himself. Most of those who are in that realm don't have time to post up things on the internet, let alone one enthusiast forum. They have their hired assistants do the work for them.

Last edited by flipside909; 12-15-11 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-15-11, 07:08 PM
motohide
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jpvarghese
motohide, sounds great, but how do you explain all the dealers who got their own allocation and are now putting it up for sale? I'm sure Lexus thought they were selling to enthusiasts, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Dealer allocation that are being put up for sale? Exactly what do you think an automobile dealer does for a business? They order cars, they display them, and they sell them. I didn't quite understand what you meant if you refer to this as an issue?

The dealership in the USA are independently owned, and they can do whatever they want with their inventory within constraints of Lexus' policy on how it and the customers should be serviced. And USA is not the only place the LFA is sold and it will have no problems selling the 150 or so units proposed to come here. They really don't need US to be concerned at all, so don't worry about it.

Oh and about eBay and other internet listing... Sometimes a car is thrown on to the internet, just to create traffic and exposure. I'm SURE that the LFA in question was not listed as any form of desperate attempt to sell it or having the need to. I'm sure an owner of a Lexus dealership, is very capable of holding on to a $400,000 inventory. It's only 10 x ES350. He sells a LOT more than that in a single week.

Last edited by motohide; 12-15-11 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-15-11, 08:23 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,789 Posts

Just like I reported earlier people at lexusenthusiast.com saying the listing was a scam, it turned out to be exactly that.

The listing (like the previous two) has been taken down already.
Old 12-15-11, 08:47 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Just like I reported earlier people at lexusenthusiast.com saying the listing was a scam, it turned out to be exactly that.

How do you know it was a scam? KREW never said it was or did he ever mention it. I'm betting they were probably taken down at the request of the corp. office just like the previous ebay LFA listings.
Old 12-15-11, 08:56 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,789 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
How do you know it was a scam? KREW never said it was or did he ever mention it. I'm betting they were probably taken down at the request of the corp. office just like the previous ebay LFA listings.
I don't know about you, but to me that is the only and only plausible explanation that makes any sense (considering how quickly and that it has happened third time in a row).

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 12-15-11 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-15-11, 09:27 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

I don't know about you, but to me that is the only and only plausible explanation that makes any sense (considering how quickly and that it has happened third time in a row).
Those ebay listings have been up for a few days before they were posted up here. I'm pretty certain they were taken down at the request of uppers.
Old 12-15-11, 11:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by motohide
Dealer allocation that are being put up for sale? Exactly what do you think an automobile dealer does for a business? They order cars, they display them, and they sell them. I didn't quite understand what you meant if you refer to this as an issue?

The dealership in the USA are independently owned, and they can do whatever they want with their inventory within constraints of Lexus' policy on how it and the customers should be serviced. And USA is not the only place the LFA is sold and it will have no problems selling the 150 or so units proposed to come here. They really don't need US to be concerned at all, so don't worry about it.

Oh and about eBay and other internet listing... Sometimes a car is thrown on to the internet, just to create traffic and exposure. I'm SURE that the LFA in question was not listed as any form of desperate attempt to sell it or having the need to. I'm sure an owner of a Lexus dealership, is very capable of holding on to a $400,000 inventory. It's only 10 x ES350. He sells a LOT more than that in a single week.
lfa are all sold through lexus directly last i read (or so they said). dealerships only handle the delivery. unless that has again changed

Originally Posted by flipside909
Those ebay listings have been up for a few days before they were posted up here. I'm pretty certain they were taken down at the request of uppers.
agreed. have seen way too many of these ebay links and got axed because of high up "requests". unless there is real proof of scam, i highly doubt (especially with vin information showing it's available)
Old 12-15-11, 11:35 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by rominl
l

agreed. have seen way too many of these ebay links and got axed because of high up "requests". unless there is real proof of scam, i highly doubt (especially with vin information showing it's available)
Yup! Scams don't have detailed information including VIN# info, detailed interior shots with the keys clearly in the car to turn on the accessories and of course the dealership's contact info.
Old 12-16-11, 03:29 AM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by motohide
Lexus corp. or someone higher up has forced these dealers to pull ads and listings, so yes there is an issue with this practice.
Old 12-16-11, 07:26 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

I would like to say that am sorry if some folks were angered at my assessment

I try to throw stuff out there and let folks have at it

Ok, new update
Regarding the ring car coming to the Miami dealer, it will be matte black on red
I will be getting the build sheet (probably next week) and will share details when received
I am confirming that this car was ordered but does not have a specific customer waiting for it
Old 12-16-11, 08:11 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to be just like these dealer owners whom took delivery of their personal purchases without having to title the cars. I wonder how long they can go on acting like these are regular Lexus inventory.
Old 12-16-11, 08:21 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
I would like to say that am sorry if some folks were angered at my assessment

I try to throw stuff out there and let folks have at it

Ok, new update
Regarding the ring car coming to the Miami dealer, it will be matte black on red
I will be getting the build sheet (probably next week) and will share details when received
I am confirming that this car was ordered but does not have a specific customer waiting for it
So are you buying this particular car? Seems like a waste of the salesperson's time if they're doing all this legwork for a non sale.
Old 12-16-11, 09:20 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Flipside
I would prefer if you would be less confrontational in your posts
The moderator has noted the issue in this thread
Old 12-16-11, 09:43 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Thumbs up

Rolla,

In the most respectful way, please at least try to read my posts... (before repeating your posts)

They are informative at times..

There is a very specific reason why the Cars.com and Ebay listings are getting pulled.....

~ Joe Z

Apparently, according to LexusEnthusiast.com, this silver LFA for sale is a scam and will get pulled down soon.

There have been two other LFA eBay adds that were discovered to be scams and they were immediately pulled down. People go into dealerships and take pictures and then put up auction listing on eBay using those pictures.

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Not sure where it was ever discovered to be a "scam"

This exact VIN was already For Sale on Cars.com last month either way... So if the dealership changes their mind and wants to sell it.. I am very sure they can @ MSRP.

When a car is bought as "New" by the dealership, it remains as "New" until it is recorded as SOLD to the DMV...
So #069 is still new, even though the dealership owner logged approx 300 miles driving it since April 11' ..

My Forum Opinion:
I am sure the core Lexus Marketing team is having a field day, with regards to seeing the increased number of "New" LFA's for sale On-Line.

~ Joe Z
Old 12-16-11, 09:48 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Flipside
I would prefer if you would be less confrontational in your posts
The moderator has noted the issue in this thread
I'm asking a valid question very pertinent to the thread. non confrontational at all. A simple yes or no would do. If you prefer, we can discuss privately through PM.

Quick Reply: LFA on ebay