LFA Model (2012)

LFA on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-11, 10:00 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

For the record, this other below listing was pulled and/or ended last night as well..

It's NOT a coincidence guys & gals !!!!

Originally Posted by Joe Z
If you look hard enough you will find another one on Ebay as of 12/10/11

White Lexus LFA up at Lexus of Bellevue, WA - VIN: JTHHX8BH1C1000201

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2...item19cbc0ee9a

And here is the YouTube Video that goes with the Whitest White LFA Ebay listing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HoHa19mN1s

~ Joe Z
Old 12-16-11, 10:38 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which one of you work for Lexus?
Originally Posted by Joe Z
For the record, this other below listing was pulled and/or ended last night as well..

It's NOT a coincidence guys & gals !!!!
Old 12-16-11, 10:43 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

I told the sales guy that I am watching to see where pricing goes and am just gathering info
He has been happy to provide any info he can
I was kind of surprised when he said the GM put the ad on line without giving the staff a heads up and that the owner is basically too elderly to drive the care
Old 12-16-11, 10:53 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
Which one of you work for Lexus?
LoL... If I decide to retire early, I might actually apply to work at Lexus..

But for now, I actually work in a High Risk area of the financial sector..!!

~ Joe Z
Old 12-16-11, 11:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
I told the sales guy that I am watching to see where pricing goes and am just gathering info
He has been happy to provide any info he can
I was kind of surprised when he said the GM put the ad on line without giving the staff a heads up and that the owner is basically too elderly to drive the care
please do keep us posted. i think all these information are very interesting and useful. i am no mba but i am very interested in business and marketing. always love reading / learning about these things
Old 12-16-11, 10:20 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
lfa are all sold through lexus directly last i read (or so they said). dealerships only handle the delivery. unless that has again changed
Dealerships also handle the finance side. All the deposits and final payment are sent to the dealer. Additionally, buyers have to sign a first right of refusal addendum to grant dealers the right to block sales of the car within the first two years.

If a dealer is the customer then of course there is no point to such an addendum; this may be one reason that many dealerships bought the LFA, because they were greedy and figured they could just flip the car themselves. Of course, it is also possible that a different addendum or contract clause exists with Lexus corporate limiting the ability of dealership customers to sell the car.
Old 12-16-11, 11:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by gengar
Dealerships also handle the finance side. All the deposits and final payment are sent to the dealer. Additionally, buyers have to sign a first right of refusal addendum to grant dealers the right to block sales of the car within the first two years.

If a dealer is the customer then of course there is no point to such an addendum; this may be one reason that many dealerships bought the LFA, because they were greedy and figured they could just flip the car themselves. Of course, it is also possible that a different addendum or contract clause exists with Lexus corporate limiting the ability of dealership customers to sell the car.
so i wonder does the dealership takes a cut at the sales then just like other cars in the lot? because from what i read in the beginning of the sales process, since lexus corporation was in charge of the whole sales / selection process, the owners would choose which dealership to pick up their cars from. that kind of indicate that dealerships (at that point) had no say on "we want the car", which means they are more like just doing the paperwork / transaction.

but of course, like i said, it could have been all changed since. given that now we see so many cars by dealerships or the owners. and we are also seeing allocated cars coming to dealerships soon that are listed as available
Old 12-17-11, 06:40 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

rominl just pull the trigger already and I will deliver it to your door step and roll out the carpet for you It will be all broken in when it arrives
Old 12-17-11, 10:11 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
so i wonder does the dealership takes a cut at the sales then just like other cars in the lot? because from what i read in the beginning of the sales process, since lexus corporation was in charge of the whole sales / selection process, the owners would choose which dealership to pick up their cars from. that kind of indicate that dealerships (at that point) had no say on "we want the car", which means they are more like just doing the paperwork / transaction.

but of course, like i said, it could have been all changed since. given that now we see so many cars by dealerships or the owners. and we are also seeing allocated cars coming to dealerships soon that are listed as available
I was told by Lexus execs that the dealership does get a cut of every LFA they deliver, but at not nearly as high a margin (as a percentage anyway) as typical Lexus vehicles. You're right that the buyer chooses the dealership as opposed to the other way around - it certainly wasn't an allocation-style distribution.

As far as the high number of cars at dealerships, I think any of the following are possible:
  1. Dealerships bought the LFA intending to flip it since they are (possibly) not bound by anything similar to the FROR addendum that typical buyers had to sign (as I mentioned in my last post)
  2. Lexus corporate influenced a lot of dealers to buy LFAs since they want them visible in the US
  3. Buyers may have declined to take delivery of the car (likely taking a bath on the deposits), leaving the dealership to sell it - after all, this is what happened to #32, with Lexus US deciding to take on the car
  4. Owners took delivery but wound up not liking it, so are having the dealer sell it to avoid any problems resulting from the FROR
Old 12-17-11, 05:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I was told by Lexus execs that the dealership does get a cut of every LFA they deliver, but at not nearly as high a margin (as a percentage anyway) as typical Lexus vehicles. You're right that the buyer chooses the dealership as opposed to the other way around - it certainly wasn't an allocation-style distribution.

As far as the high number of cars at dealerships, I think any of the following are possible:
  1. Dealerships bought the LFA intending to flip it since they are (possibly) not bound by anything similar to the FROR addendum that typical buyers had to sign (as I mentioned in my last post)
  2. Lexus corporate influenced a lot of dealers to buy LFAs since they want them visible in the US
  3. Buyers may have declined to take delivery of the car (likely taking a bath on the deposits), leaving the dealership to sell it - after all, this is what happened to #32, with Lexus US deciding to take on the car
  4. Owners took delivery but wound up not liking it, so are having the dealer sell it to avoid any problems resulting from the FROR
great insight!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-11, 05:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by passnu2
rominl just pull the trigger already and I will deliver it to your door step and roll out the carpet for you It will be all broken in when it arrives
let me decide if i will buy the wheels or the seats. can only afford either
Old 12-17-11, 10:43 PM
motohide
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice insight, as with any exotic at over, perhaps $300,000... A lot of folks are very different buyers than those simply out to buy them as the next daily form of transportation. Those who are with access and the means to buy such cars are very finance and investment savvy in many cases, and do study a lot about the unique scenarios of the cars that value/devalue in the open market. I think that the production count, sales, and where they are ending up, as well as changes in how the cars are sold, and where they are marketed, all are great indicators of trends. As such, with the LFA's market trends, combined with wild fluctuations on currency exchange and tidal waves of classic exotics swapping hands and sailing back and forth, there is a big 'hold and watch' on the part of the investors.

The ones who just blow chunks of cash on the best and the fanciest, (celebrities who needs and wants such exposures), have bought their shares of them already, and now the remaining ones are doing the market studies, or consulting with exotic car auctioneers and agents, who perhaps are still unsure about jumping the gun, as far as investment value goes.

It's not the specs, or the performance edges as much as the marque being so new to ultra-exotic domain, people might just want to find how and when, the remaining 200 or so cars are to be sold. Investing in brand new exotic cars are a risky business. It doesn't have auction history of classics, and production count, until officially stopped, can't be certain. Moves that manufacturers take with colors, options, serial numbers, years and numbers produced, makes at times HUGE differences in resale.When that is all set and done, the LFA should start swapping like prized horses...

Because the investing exotic fans will be somewhat more assured and prepared to take whatever hit or miss they will take on ownership costs inclusive of the investment and resale.

I see it almost like if a brand new nation popped up in the Carribbean chain, who would be the first to jump the gun on its beach front real-estate? Not knowing if the government is secure, or if it will be a destination or a secluded oasis. No one knows, till the brave investors jump in and make it what it is... At $380,000, it's all about money, and not much the top speed.

Last edited by motohide; 12-17-11 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-20-11, 06:31 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

A couple of additional updates (of little value).

The ring car is due to be delivered in summer 2012 and can still be spec'd.

The GM got back to me about the $475K price. Turns out that the dealership owner passed away and his widow would let go of the car for the right price. I reminded him that there are open slots for orders and new cars available for list on other dealership floors so the idea of charging a premium for a used one is nuts.
Old 12-20-11, 07:06 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. It is ridiculous to charge a premium for a used one. Also, the NBR edition allocates ring time in the price, correct? Is there any way to opt out?
Old 12-20-11, 07:36 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

I believe you are correct that you get a period of time (like a year) access to the ring.
I have not seen anything about being able to say pass on that and cut the price down from $75 K on top of the $375 K.

Quick Reply: LFA on ebay