Search this Thread

Old 10-14-16 | 02:06 PM
87vertgt
Driver School Candidate

can I haz some of this monies? pleeeasse
Old 12-02-16 | 04:12 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

9KV10: Did you sell your #032 Lexus LFA?

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/12/thi...n-at-270k.html
Old 12-05-16 | 12:54 AM
9KV10
Driver School Candidate

Hi there,

That was an old ad from LNM. I still own it and took it the track early Nov. The LFA performed better than I expected. I am looking forward to next event possible to bring out the LFA again.

Cheers

A.

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
9KV10: Did you sell your #032 Lexus LFA?

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/12/thi...n-at-270k.html
Old 12-05-16 | 06:28 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Ah that is great to hear that LFA is in the care of such an enthusiastic owner. Glad to hear you love the 032. Can you please post a detailed review whenever you get some time out. Would love to read it.

Originally Posted by 9KV10
Hi there,

That was an old ad from LNM. I still own it and took it the track early Nov. The LFA performed better than I expected. I am looking forward to next event possible to bring out the LFA again.

Cheers

A.
Old 01-27-17 | 02:15 AM
9KV10
Driver School Candidate

Just to update the new arrival of the 2017 F12 Silverstone to join the family. Parked right next to the Rosso LFA, and drove it back to back with the Nero LFA to make a comparison.

It's just so interesting to review how different both cars are. Here is what I have found first impression:

Lexus brand engineered quiet smooth comfort cars through out all it's life till the LFA came along in which is exciting, lively, loud, wild; Yet, the F12 on the other hand is smooth, comfort, quieter, easy to live with around town driving...

For a long moment driving and comparing both the F12 and the Nero LFA back to back...

I was confused that is'nt it make more sense that the LFA should be manufactured from Ferrari, and yet the F12 should be made by Lexus???

Hahahahaha... Both great cars...

Cheers

A.
Attached Thumbnails New LFA Owner-f12_lfa_rosso.jpg   New LFA Owner-f12_lfa_nero.jpg  
Old 01-27-17 | 09:12 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Awesome pictures. Love seeing those two cars.

A good reason for why LFA is the hard edged, lively, loud and wild compared to the F12, is because the F12 was designed to be a big, very fast GT car while LFA was designed primarily to be a track car with very strong visceral traits. When LFA came out, it competed directly with the 458 Italia very well rather than the 599 GTB despite sharing the same front mid-engine layout (even with the HGTE track pack version), which were the predecessor to the F12 and also focused on being GT cars.

Just to update the new arrival of the 2017 F12 Silverstone to join the family. Parked right next to the Rosso LFA, and drove it back to back with the Nero LFA to make a comparison.

It's just so interesting to review how different both cars are. Here is what I have found first impression:

Lexus brand engineered quiet smooth comfort cars through out all it's life till the LFA came along in which is exciting, lively, loud, wild; Yet, the F12 on the other hand is smooth, comfort, quieter, easy to live with around town driving...

For a long moment driving and comparing both the F12 and the Nero LFA back to back...

I was confused that is'nt it make more sense that the LFA should be manufactured from Ferrari, and yet the F12 should be made by Lexus???

Hahahahaha... Both great cars...

Cheers

A.
Old 01-27-17 | 09:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

wow this is wonderful, thanks for the update!

sorry i haven't gotten the time to get back to you on email, my work been crazy and i can't even find enough time to get on the forums!

and congrats on the f12!!!
Old 01-27-17 | 10:48 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Reminds me of when Car Magazine did the LFA vs SLS comparo and rated the SLS better because it was a better daily driver.

But thanks for the pics, always great to compare the size / dimensions / styling of the LFA vs other supercars, especially FR as here.
Old 01-28-17 | 12:20 AM
9KV10
Driver School Candidate

Thanks to all for great replies...

Here are some of my own opinions comparing the LFA vs F12... Since both cars are priced at similar $375K range, so this will be a direct dollar for dollar comparison:

1. Styling:
LFA has a sharp edge extreme lines of modern design vs F12's Ferrari classic FR layout lines in modern way... I like both styles in its own ways, but I am favored to the F12... F12 wins here!

2. Interior:
The LFA has it's own unique modern Lexus leading cutting edge design vs F12's high class tasteful design in Ferrari style... Once again, I love both of their own designs equally... F12 offers more spacious ambient and roomier. Both cars are even here...

3. Chassis:
Lexus top CFRP in it's finest quality vs Ferrari's top high strength 12 types of multi compound alumium structure in construction. Both cars are front double wishbone and rear multi link suspension layout... LFA wins big time... The LFA CFRP is just one step higher up from the F12's aluminium... The LFA CFRP chassis can be measure up to the Enzo and or La Ferrari level of excellences.

4. Suspension:
LFA's KYB shocks provides a very direct feel and feedback covers from performance to comforts vs F12's Skyhook magnetic rides in which is too soft for my personal driving style... LFA wins my heart by far... F12 just feel too soft and comfy.

5. Engine:
LFA's Yamaha F1 V10 vs Ferrari's brutal V12 power... I love both engines... The Yamaha V10 feels more sophiscated, while the F12 is way more powerful... So, I will rate both engines in equal.

6. Transmission:
LFA single clutch F1 paddle shift vs F12's double clutches paddle shifts... I am spoiled by the F12's seamless super fast, ultra smooth gear shifting. F12 wins here.

7. Performance:
LFA's decade engineering in Nurburgring to make the best overall performance driver's car... Despite the F12's monstrous V12 super power wins in straight line drag race, but the LFA is a more superb overall around track performance machine. I will take the LFA over the F12 to a track any given day... LFA wins...

8. Sound:
Both cars sound excellent and wild, but the LFA's unique F1 inspired engine noise stands out along above all. LFA wins again...

9. Quality & Reliability:
We can't tell now since both cars are still quite new here, but I have a feeling that Lexus will win over Ferrari as time comes along.

10. Fun Factor:
Both the LFA and F12 are fun and enjoyful to drive to the best of its own, but the LFA just feels more special and unique...

A.
The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (01-28-17)
Old 01-28-17 | 04:35 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Congratulations on receiving your F12 and for the points you shared.

Did you receive your new NSX yet? I have a 2017 and would love to hear your thoughts relative to your other cars.
Old 01-30-17 | 06:36 AM
lfahalo
Rookie

Thanks to all for great replies...

Here are some of my own opinions comparing the LFA vs F12... Since both cars are priced at similar $375K range, so this will be a direct dollar for dollar comparison:

1. Styling:
LFA has a sharp edge extreme lines of modern design vs F12's Ferrari classic FR layout lines in modern way... I like both styles in its own ways, but I am favored to the F12... F12 wins here!

2. Interior:
The LFA has it's own unique modern Lexus leading cutting edge design vs F12's high class tasteful design in Ferrari style... Once again, I love both of their own designs equally... F12 offers more spacious ambient and roomier. Both cars are even here...

3. Chassis:
Lexus top CFRP in it's finest quality vs Ferrari's top high strength 12 types of multi compound alumium structure in construction. Both cars are front double wishbone and rear multi link suspension layout... LFA wins big time... The LFA CFRP is just one step higher up from the F12's aluminium... The LFA CFRP chassis can be measure up to the Enzo and or La Ferrari level of excellences.

4. Suspension:
LFA's KYB shocks provides a very direct feel and feedback covers from performance to comforts vs F12's Skyhook magnetic rides in which is too soft for my personal driving style... LFA wins my heart by far... F12 just feel too soft and comfy.

5. Engine:
LFA's Yamaha F1 V10 vs Ferrari's brutal V12 power... I love both engines... The Yamaha V10 feels more sophiscated, while the F12 is way more powerful... So, I will rate both engines in equal.

6. Transmission:
LFA single clutch F1 paddle shift vs F12's double clutches paddle shifts... I am spoiled by the F12's seamless super fast, ultra smooth gear shifting. F12 wins here.

7. Performance:
LFA's decade engineering in Nurburgring to make the best overall performance driver's car... Despite the F12's monstrous V12 super power wins in straight line drag race, but the LFA is a more superb overall around track performance machine. I will take the LFA over the F12 to a track any given day... LFA wins...

8. Sound:
Both cars sound excellent and wild, but the LFA's unique F1 inspired engine noise stands out along above all. LFA wins again...

9. Quality & Reliability:
We can't tell now since both cars are still quite new here, but I have a feeling that Lexus will win over Ferrari as time comes along.

10. Fun Factor:
Both the LFA and F12 are fun and enjoyful to drive to the best of its own, but the LFA just feels more special and unique...

A.
9K, thanks for this comparison as I have been wondering the same for a while. I did have the chance to take my LFA to the track last season and was amazed by the performance.
Old 01-30-17 | 10:08 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lfahalo
9K, thanks for this comparison as I have been wondering the same for a while. I did have the chance to take my LFA to the track last season and was amazed by the performance.
On the track is definitely where the LFA shines. For me it's because the sensory input is so strong, not least because the level of communication and feedback is so enhanced especially when approaching the limit. Definitely not saying that other cars aren't thrilling on the track - recently tracked a 458 Speciale and it was definitely that - but it is just not on the same level viscerally as the LFA.
Old 02-02-17 | 07:56 PM
SUNLINE
Pit Crew

Interesting comparison. I often do the same with my R231 Mercedes SL 63 which I drive daily in Sport + mode. No doubt it is just as fast as the Lexus and with double the torque it can spin its rear wheels and slide anytime it wants. It has the red interior with carbon fiber accents so it tries to remind me of the LFA and as nice as it is, it's not in the same league as the LFA. I must say the SL is a blast to drive and you feel completely in control pushing it to the limit. It gives the same confidence as you get with the LFA, much more so than a mid engine car. Overall though the LFA is just so much more special than the SL each time I take it out that it somehow always seems worth every penny.
Old 02-02-17 | 08:53 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Great analogy.

Though, I think the "feel" due to the huge amounts of torque gives the perception that the SL63 AMG is as quick in a straight line especially when you are part-throttle as the LFA, but the test data shows LFA is significantly faster even in a straight line going all-out than the SL63 AMG. The trap speed difference to be around 7 mph (118 mph vs 125 mph). Mid-11 seconds for the LFA versus low 12s for the SL63 AMG. Then in triple digits the difference stretches to over 3 seconds by 150 mph. I think the difference will grow even more by 185 mph or so.

I believe it might be due to the weight of the SL63 AMG, which seems to be around 600 lbs more than the LFA.

Originally Posted by SUNLINE
Interesting comparison. I often do the same with my R231 Mercedes SL 63 which I drive daily in Sport + mode. No doubt it is just as fast as the Lexus and with double the torque it can spin its rear wheels and slide anytime it wants. It has the red interior with carbon fiber accents so it tries to remind me of the LFA and as nice as it is, it's not in the same league as the LFA. I must say the SL is a blast to drive and you feel completely in control pushing it to the limit. It gives the same confidence as you get with the LFA, much more so than a mid engine car. Overall though the LFA is just so much more special than the SL each time I take it out that it somehow always seems worth every penny.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 02-02-17 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-03-17 | 07:28 PM
SUNLINE
Pit Crew

The biggest problem with the SL63 is that you cannot give it much gas until you are above 40-50 mph or it just spins the rear wheels, so in a 0-60 or 1/4 mile it will be slower, but when driving the car and you gas it from say 40 to 90 the acceleration is just is ridiculous. Just too much torque for the rear wheels to handle. In order to really hook up it would probably need some 345's.
As is with the LFA the numbers really don't matter. They are just for people to ***** and brag about. It is and always will be about the driving pleasure that the specific car imparts on your perception. Driving an old 240Z or Triumph TR6 or 61 Corvette can imbibe a similar feeling albeit different than today's super cars. I think that people just need to understand this basic premise when they are comparing one car to another.

Quick Reply: New LFA Owner