LFA Successor is in the Pipeline

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-18, 10:21 AM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts
Default LFA Successor is in the Pipeline

A return of the Lexus LFA has been an oft-rumored thing for years now, but lately, those murmurs are getting louder and louder.

By Sarah Portia - February 6, 2018

Old 02-08-18, 08:45 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Curated Content Editor

A return of the Lexus LFA has been an oft-rumored thing for years now, but lately, those murmurs are getting louder and louder.

By Sarah Portia - February 6, 2018

Along with the MKV Supra and the LC-F......(sighs)
Old 02-10-18, 07:39 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeitaku
Along with the MKV Supra and the LC-F......(sighs)
Z, face it bro...your LC500 won't be the current "Halo car" for ever much/ longer. These new offerings from Lexus/Toyota will be coming, whether you're ready or not.

V.
Old 03-02-18, 12:39 AM
isfvss
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts

Come on IF Lexus produce a new LFA it will not look like the old LFA tweaked up, have a look at the latest McLaren, Ferrari, Lamborghini cheers good people.
Old 03-02-18, 11:33 AM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Talking

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Z, face it bro...your LC500 won't be the current "Halo car" for ever much/ longer. These new offerings from Lexus/Toyota will be coming, whether you're ready or not.

V.
All speculation and rumors. Of course all model cars will have a successor model eventually. Just not too likely 9 months or even 2 years after the release of the predecessor. On this note, the rumors of an LC-F model to be placed into any type of production were debunked by Carbuzz this month with confirmation from Toyota spokesmen regarding the question of the rumors.

https://carbuzz.com/news/that-600-hp...that-s-a-shame
Old 03-13-18, 04:58 AM
LCInfrared
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeitaku
All speculation and rumors. Of course all model cars will have a successor model eventually. Just not too likely 9 months or even 2 years after the release of the predecessor. On this note, the rumors of an LC-F model to be placed into any type of production were debunked by Carbuzz this month with confirmation from Toyota spokesmen regarding the question of the rumors.

https://carbuzz.com/news/that-600-hp...that-s-a-shame
I own the V8 version of the LC and just by it's weight I don't think that it has the proper underpinnings for an ultra performance variant. How many true high performance sport cars (besides the Bugatti) weigh in at 4,000+ pounds?
Old 03-13-18, 08:18 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LCInfrared
I own the V8 version of the LC and just by it's weight I don't think that it has the proper underpinnings for an ultra performance variant. How many true high performance sport cars (besides the Bugatti) weigh in at 4,000+ pounds?
My 2012 Black Edition GT-R weighed 4,050 lbs with me in the car and a 1/4 tank of fuel. It ran a 10.7@126mph in the 1/4 mile with 2 bolt-ons and a tune. That's only a few hundred pounds lighter than the LC500. With the 5.0 V8 in the LC500 having a supercharger kit installed with a proper tune it will easily make 600+whp and be able to keep up if not beat many exotics out there on and off a track. I had the opportunity to run my LC500 also a V8 model with the Performance Package on a closed remote road during an audio recording session with world renowned sound recordist John Fasal. I can tell you with absolute confirmation that the LC500 can contend on a closed track with some of the big boys. Throwing the car sideways and taking sweepers at speeds in excess of 120+mph gave me a realization of just how solid the LC500 truly is. Don't let a 4,000 lb car fool you. There is a reason why Nissan designed the GT-R to be a heavy pig and most of it was due to achieving harder downforce at high speeds while eliminating drag in the process. Lexus engineers have done the same thing with the LC500.
Old 03-13-18, 09:14 PM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by LCInfrared
To my knowledge there are quite a few heavy high performance sports cars.

Mercedes SL65 AMG Black Series
Mercedes McLaren SLR
Lamborghini Muricelago
Lamborghini Aventador
Ferrari California
Ferrari FF
Ferrari 599 GTB
Aston Martin DB11
Aston Martin DB9, Virage, Vanquish
Maserati Gran Turismo S
Nissan GTR
Bentley Continental GT Super Sport & Speed