Search this Thread

Old 09-19-19, 10:35 AM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Throwback Thursday: Servicing an LFA is Quite the Workload

Throwback Thursday: Servicing an LFA is Quite the Workload
By Bassem Girgis

Regularly Servicing an LFA is a lot of work at Toyota Motorsport GmbH in Cologne, Germany.
Old 09-19-19, 07:25 PM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

This is interesting! That said, I remember the LFA at the old headquarters in Torrance had the snot beat out of it on the regular, and for 30k, it basically only had brakes and fluid changes.
Old 09-20-19, 07:26 AM
lfahalo
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Respectfully, I think this article is sensationalizing the topic quite a lot. Maintenance on my LFA has been surprisingly simple and completed routinely by my local Lexus dealership. They do have a technician that has been specially trained on the LFA model, but as I understand, his training was completed here in Canada. I have been amazed at how simple an inexpensive the maintenance has been compared to my other exotic cars. Definitely a benefit of having Toyota/Lexus behind the product. And of course they do not take the car out for a drive on the Autobahn or anything similar! They just hand me the keys and I drive home.

The blue car in the article looks like the UK demo that Lexus races at Goodwood FOS every year. Certainly I would expect that car to get a more thorough inspection than the average owner's car.
The following users liked this post:
Johnny Mayday (09-23-19)
Old 12-04-19, 03:50 AM
100Cars
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't think I'd want the techs taking my LFA (if I had one) on a shakedown drive on the autobahn for 6 miles. Lots of things could go wrong there...