Buying an LFA

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-19, 08:11 PM
bkruse
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Buying an LFA

Hello friends,

I’ve been a long time lurker on the forum. I really appreciate the positive community here and the wealth of knowledge and willingness to help!

The time has come to where I’m in a good spot to get an LFA. There are a handful on the market it seems - and I’m really looking for guidance around the pitfalls In purchasing. Would a PPI at the local Lexus dealership be adequate enough? Any other recommendations to check before purchasing?

Thank you all!
Old 11-02-19, 10:07 PM
Goldenboys
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get a professional ppi. This is my 1st lfa below. I hired someone to do a ppi for both lfa’s i purchased

The following users liked this post:
Johnny Mayday (01-03-20)
Old 11-02-19, 10:11 PM
bkruse
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Goldenboys
Get a professional ppi. This is my 1st lfa below. I hired someone to do a ppi for both lfa’s i purchased

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j5gcO8NtI5o
Thanks Goldenboys - that’s good to hear. I’ll keep everyone updated with the progress! There are a handful on the market now - trying to pick one up before the end of the year
Old 11-02-19, 10:18 PM
Goldenboys
Driver School Candidate

Good luck. You wont regret it. I agree with jeremy clarkson. Hands down best car i have ever driven. Get lnw while they are still somewhat affordable. They have been moving up and will keep moving up as its European competitors of this era are currently tanking 30%+. People are finally appreciating the engineering masterpiece that is the LFA
napkin (11-03-19)
Old 11-03-19, 09:31 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,474 Likes on 1,779 Posts

Keep this thread updated on your search.
Old 11-07-19, 06:30 PM
SUNLINE
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Unlike most super cars the LFA is essentially bullet proof. Unless the car has been tracked excessively there should be no worries. Even if it has been it doesn’t matter. Most just sit, unfortunately!
Old 12-08-19, 09:36 PM
bkruse
Driver School Candidate

Hey all!

Wanted to provide an update since everyone’s been so generous with their advice and time

I’m now under contract for this car - #88

https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0817-30...012-lexus-lfa/

Comes with both original keys, service manual and a few other goodies. I love the exterior color but I’m not sure I’m in love with the interior. It’s neutral and not polarizing which I suppose is a good thing. Does that make the car less desirable?

Lexus of Naples was hesitant on the inspection. Instead of giving out the inspection information, they instead gave an “excellent condition” email...... what would you suggest I do here? It seems like the dealer is the right place for the inspection with an LFA tech but curious everyone’s thoughts

Hopefully Christmas comes early!

Thanks all!
Old 12-08-19, 09:49 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,904 Likes on 1,342 Posts

^^^^I wonder why the VIN ends in 085, and the build is #88

Gorgeous car BTW

Lou
Old 12-08-19, 09:52 PM
bkruse
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flowrider

Gorgeous car BTW

Lou
Hey Lou - that’s a REALLY good question.....

**EDIT** maybe it’s not unusual - here’s another example - https://www.cncexotics.com/details-2...0c1000447.html

Last edited by bkruse; 12-08-19 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-09-19, 10:40 AM
SSackey
Driver

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider

Gorgeous car BTW

Lou
That's normal, the VIN is essentially always a few digits off from the build number on LFAs.
Old 12-09-19, 10:43 AM
SSackey
Driver

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by bkruse
Hey all!

Wanted to provide an update since everyone’s been so generous with their advice and time

Comes with both original keys, service manual and a few other goodies. I love the exterior color but I’m not sure I’m in love with the interior. It’s neutral and not polarizing which I suppose is a good thing. Does that make the car less desirable?

Lexus of Naples was hesitant on the inspection. Instead of giving out the inspection information, they instead gave an “excellent condition” email...... what would you suggest I do here? It seems like the dealer is the right place for the inspection with an LFA tech but curious everyone’s thoughts

Thanks all!
Congrats on the potential purchase!

I would 100% demand to see a proper inspection report, to get just a basic e-mail is strange at the least. Especially if you paid for an inspection!

The interior combination on this car is going to make it more difficult to resell than, say, a full Black interior. That's just logic. But, all LFAs are unique from one-another, that's what makes them special, and if you like it, you should buy it.
Old 12-09-19, 12:39 PM
bkruse
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SSackey
Congrats on the potential purchase!

I would 100% demand to see a proper inspection report, to get just a basic e-mail is strange at the least. Especially if you paid for an inspection!

The interior combination on this car is going to make it more difficult to resell than, say, a full Black interior. That's just logic. But, all LFAs are unique from one-another, that's what makes them special, and if you like it, you should buy it.
Excellent advice SSackey - thank you!

I am going to push on the inspection and see what comes up. Good to know on interior - I agree with that as well. I don't love it - it's neutral. I've also seen the full red interiors that I do not like at all!

I may see what happens at the barrett jackson January auction if I can push this one out a little bit. I'll keep everyone updated on what Lexus says!
SSackey (12-10-19)
Old 12-09-19, 04:05 PM
Goldenboys
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bkruse
Hey all!

Thanks all!

once you drive it you will not care about interior color combo. Good luck with purchase
Old 12-09-19, 08:28 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,474 Likes on 1,779 Posts

I would say get it. Interior color is unique, but overall if the car is what you want then interior color is minor quibble. Do post your review of the car once you get to drive it
Old 12-10-19, 07:09 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

I think the color combination is gorgeous. I have never seen an LFA with that interior and I love it!

Quick Reply: Buying an LFA