LFA Model (2012)

New test-LFA sighting!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-10, 03:38 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
Default New test-LFA sighting!

Much like the Bugatti Veyron thread that I spotted in Beverly Hills, I never thought I'd get to see an LFA in person but holy crap. I was getting some medication for my wisdom tooth extraction and as I was about to pull out of the lot, there it was...I thought it was, I knew right away what that it was and I got closer to see. A few of the guys needed to take a break, they wouldn't tell me anything as I interrogated them but there were folders inside that marked LFA (as they were testing the car, recording information down).

and you know I also asked for a ride but was quickly shot down, these guys wouldn't say much actually.

Anyways, I got pretty up close and personal and got you guys these different shots to show some details that I don't think we've seen before.

More pics to come soon.
Old 06-15-10, 04:14 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

And here is what I think is Toyota's answer to the Smart Car.

Old 06-15-10, 04:35 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

after seeing it in person at the race track and hearing it roar... my life has never been the same.
Old 06-15-10, 04:43 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
and you know I also asked for a ride but was quickly shot down, these guys wouldn't say much actually.
Hahaha, phenomenal. Great pictures and write-up, thanks!
Old 06-15-10, 05:06 PM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if this is a different version being tested, like a hybrid that was rumored on autoblog a few months ago. As you can see on photo #13 something is covered up on the front left fender, possibly an outlet for a cord? Something is fishy about this car, once you release the production to the public I'm pretty sure all that long term development should have been done a long time ago. Here is the article I was referring to. http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/30/s...-in-the-works/ .
Old 06-15-10, 05:15 PM
LexFather

This is pretty amazing, you got some really great shots here of a test car. I'm pretty floored.
Old 06-15-10, 05:15 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Although I'd love for it to be a hybrid so there is a chance to purchase one in the future. I have a feeling this is the original LFA tester, like I mentioned, they had a folder marked LFA inside the car. They were also telling me about how they were testing it for mileage and data, perhaps meaning they are collecting long-term data (the more they test, the more information they have towards final production specs).
Old 06-15-10, 05:29 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
Although I'd love for it to be a hybrid so there is a chance to purchase one in the future. I have a feeling this is the original LFA tester, like I mentioned, they had a folder marked LFA inside the car. They were also telling me about how they were testing it for mileage and data, perhaps meaning they are collecting long-term data (the more they test, the more information they have towards final production specs).
Yeah, they seem to be doing a lot of daily driving with this so I'm wondering if they're just testing for reliability and other issues, or perhaps just doing tweaks to everything. It's cool to see pictures of the process - it looks like they have at least two big data collectors that you captured in the trunk. I'm going to guess the OBD stands for on-board diagnostics.
Old 06-15-10, 05:44 PM
LexFather

The Chief engineer when asked what he would LIKE to see next replied with hybrid and roadster but he just dedicated 1/3 of his life to the LFA so don't hold your breathe.

Was the IQ badged Toyota or Scion btw?
Old 06-15-10, 05:53 PM
Tee

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Great shots and thx for sharing!
Old 06-15-10, 06:05 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome heads up work!! Thank you for sharing your find too

They may have not said much, but you sure did get close to the car for some great shots. Props to you.

Did you see or more to the point "hear" the car drive off?
Old 06-15-10, 06:37 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

The 'IQ' seemed very Scion'esque' from the front, I asked him if it was a Scion and I got the same 'I can't tell ya' from the old hippy guy with the Hawaiian shirt.

Yes I witnessed the car drive off, the start up sounded very sharp, not loud though. I tried to record it driving off but I didn't catch it, I recorded it driving away but I don't think its anything you guys haven't seen yet, very boring video.
Old 06-16-10, 12:19 AM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 123 Likes on 48 Posts

lol i woulda ripped off the tape
Old 06-16-10, 05:22 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vwynn
after seeing it in person at the race track and hearing it roar... my life has never been the same.
I have not seen it in person, but I totally agree with you.
IMO, the LFA is doing great things for the Lexus Brand's image. Maybe I am a little bias, but I often find myself daydreaming about the LFA while sitting in my IS. I hope some LFA's DNA will get into next gen IS and other Lexus's sporty cars.

G Star, thanks for feeding my need to read anything LFA... I think I have grown to love the final exterior styling, so I am glad that Lexus did not go with the original design on this car.
Old 06-16-10, 01:02 PM
bklynboi
Rookie

nice car, fast and all that but i don't think its worth all that money $375.000 as the web site say

Quick Reply: New test-LFA sighting!