Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

LEDs - Wedge Bulb options (2GS & 3GS) comparison

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-06, 08:17 AM
jtgs400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this thread is old but if anyone is still reading, just a heads up that I found a place here in the US that sells the Polarg J-51. The place is called Sigma Automotive and you can email Edward at, info@sigmaautomotive.com regarding them. They are $39 with $8 shipping. I am placing an order for them today.

Also, I got the Raybrig RC361 LED bulbs from them too. The brightness is pretty good but too blue for my stock 4300K HIDs. I will try to post pics of them this weekend. I will be putting the Polarg M4s back in and selling the Raybrigs in the classified forum.
Old 02-10-06, 08:19 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

aight bro, i just verified with them when i ordered. these are the correct bulbs, just a typo in the descrip. now ya know we both gotta post pics up to see how these things actually look with different types of hid... do you have oem? i have the xenondepot 4300k kit so hopefully it will be close with that as well
Old 02-10-06, 08:35 AM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jtgs400
I know this thread is old but if anyone is still reading, just a heads up that I found a place here in the US that sells the Polarg J-51. The place is called Sigma Automotive and you can email Edward at, info@sigmaautomotive.com regarding them. They are $39 with $8 shipping. I am placing an order for them today.

Also, I got the Raybrig RC361 LED bulbs from them too. The brightness is pretty good but too blue for my stock 4300K HIDs. I will try to post pics of them this weekend. I will be putting the Polarg M4s back in and selling the Raybrigs in the classified forum.
check the links i posted, 32 + 5 shipping
Old 02-10-06, 08:38 AM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
aight bro, i just verified with them when i ordered. these are the correct bulbs, just a typo in the descrip. now ya know we both gotta post pics up to see how these things actually look with different types of hid... do you have oem? i have the xenondepot 4300k kit so hopefully it will be close with that as well
i ordered these for my gf, she has sc400 and we will be installing a kaixen 6500K HID in the next couple of weeks which is going to be pure white, so i think these LEDs will be PERFECT. At the moment she has the stock headlights with pure white 9006 bulbs in, so i will post pictures of that as well so people can get ideas.

i also ordered a set for my car, but i'm using them on the interior, i have courtesy lights and i want to see how well these work, if they are to my liking, i'm going to do my whole interior with these.
Old 02-10-06, 09:13 AM
jtgs400
Lead Lap

Did you verify with them if they're currently in stock? If so what is their ETA on shipping? The place I ordered from said 1-2 weeks.
Old 02-10-06, 01:10 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jtgs400
Did you verify with them if they're currently in stock? If so what is their ETA on shipping? The place I ordered from said 1-2 weeks.

yeah man i just spoke with the guy again, he said they will go out on wed. and take about 3 days, so just like they told you 1 week is about right.
Old 02-10-06, 01:13 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jtucci
i ordered these for my gf, she has sc400 and we will be installing a kaixen 6500K HID in the next couple of weeks which is going to be pure white, so i think these LEDs will be PERFECT. At the moment she has the stock headlights with pure white 9006 bulbs in, so i will post pictures of that as well so people can get ideas.

i also ordered a set for my car, but i'm using them on the interior, i have courtesy lights and i want to see how well these work, if they are to my liking, i'm going to do my whole interior with these.

hmm 6500k being "pure white"? im a little worried about your expectations of these bulbs. the 4300k HID is the closest to PURE white that you can get really, this has been discussed numerous times throughout the board here on CL...the higher up you go, 5000k/6000k/6500k/8000k the more blue, then the more purple you get...which would mean if these polargs j51s are pushing around the 4300k they clame to come close to matching, they will not match your lights and your 6500k hids will have a tinge of blueish purple to them, not "pure" white as you mentioned...hope that doesnt mess up your plans any, just wanted to let you know.
Old 02-10-06, 05:39 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

hmm 6500k being "pure white"? im a little worried about your expectations of these bulbs. the 4300k HID is the closest to PURE white that you can get really, this has been discussed numerous times throughout the board here on CL...the higher up you go, 5000k/6000k/6500k/8000k the more blue, then the more purple you get...which would mean if these polargs j51s are pushing around the 4300k they clame to come close to matching, they will not match your lights and your 6500k hids will have a tinge of blueish purple to them, not "pure" white as you mentioned...hope that doesnt mess up your plans any, just wanted to let you know.
I agree. The product literature from Polarg's website states that the bulbs are 4800K so it may not match the 6500K HIDs.

BTW the naked bulbs shown here
http://www.xtremewhite.com/ORD-Light...39-1-1-1-1.cfm
are definitely not the J-51s I have. The box shown IS the J-51 packaging but perhaps the naked bulb shown is a typo error.

I was worried whether my personal experience with this bulb was placebo effect so its always good to have more members post their feedback and photos of this new product.
Old 02-10-06, 09:32 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LiLS
whats the best match for the philips d2s ultinon 6000k
btw its in a q45/m3 set up if that makes any difference
Old 02-10-06, 09:51 PM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

my mistake, the HID will be 6,000K and here is what the product looks like
Old 02-11-06, 12:09 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

my mistake, the HID will be 6,000K and here is what the product looks like

doesnt matter, still wont be a close match. like i said, 4300k is the closest to "pure white/natural sunlight" you can get. the 6000k will still have a blueish tint to them. my friend has a 6k set in his 300 and they definitely are no where close to my 4300k xenon depot kit..his absolutely have a color to them- so will yours, and these bulbs wont match that.
Old 02-11-06, 01:11 PM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

maybe they won't match exactly, but i'm sure they will set it off nicely.
Old 02-12-06, 06:18 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

maybe they won't match exactly, but i'm sure they will set it off nicely.

yeah man for sure, they will look good, but i didnt want anyone getting their hopes up then being upset because they had the wrong info! good luck.
Old 02-12-06, 06:54 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TeflonGS
engin_ear,

Did you ever receive them from Sigma? I just placed an order a few days ago, but got no e-mail confirmation.
Never received these last year, had to cancel order, there was a problem with Edward's supplier. Because of this, I cannot really recommend Sigma.

I do really like dealing with eautoworks.com and xtremewhite.com , which are 2 different web fronts for the same e-business.
I just ordered the Polarg J-51 Hyper White LED P2310W from eautoworks.com.

Last edited by engin_ear; 02-12-06 at 07:26 PM.
Old 02-21-06, 06:43 PM
jtgs400
Lead Lap

So any of you guys received your J-51's yet? I'll be getting mine on thursday. Can't wait.

Also, do any of you know how I can remove a bulb that falls into the housing? When I tried taking out my old LEDs one popped off and fell into the housing. I tried scooping it towards the hole but made it worst cause I can't see the bulbs at all anymore.

Quick Reply: LEDs - Wedge Bulb options (2GS & 3GS) comparison