Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

HID questions for ES300

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-04, 04:23 PM
see_fu
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by tonytony
Yeah, I am actually very glad to find out that Johnny was gonna help me out. I'm all thumbs when it comes to figuring these things out....=)
No reason we woulnd't help you out. This was a major investment on your part, need to make sure that you got what you paid for.
Old 08-16-04, 09:13 AM
tonytony
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tiguy...oh great...good job of making the wait even more intolerable. =) I'm dying here waiting to properly align them up and see if the output matches up with those in the pictures. Simply by looking at those, I can probably say that my lamps weren't aligned right. On the group and on the way, the passenger side lamp "z" was higher than the driver side, the bottom of the passenger side "z" touched the top of the driver side "z". Those pictures look awesome., you definitely didn't make the wait easier.

Johnny...=) thx so much...
Old 08-19-04, 09:33 AM
tonytony
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay,

I got my ballast and relay from Johnny yesterday, excited as hell to put these suckers on. I now run a mix ballast, one hella integrated ignitor(passenger side) and the other bosch with seperate ignitor (driver side). After installing everything, flipped the switch and it turned on with minimal flicker from the driver side. It recovered from the flickering to turn a bright white. Turned off car, waited a few, then tried again, no problems. I was high as a kite. Decided to wait till dark find a spot to aim headlights.

Later that night, i go outside, its raining..hard. I start my car, turn on headlamps...flicker..flicker, poof.! nothing.... Fuse is blown. ...*arghghgh*

This morning, bought new sets of fuses, plug in new one..try again...flicker..flicker...poof!...fuse is blown...

Johnny thinks its because I flipped the neg/pos on the connector to my OEM wiring harness. I flip the connectors, put in new fuse, nothing..no flicker, just like as if there is no power to headlamps, at least my fuse is not blown this time. Flipped the connector back around....awaiting further diagnose from Johnny.

I'm starting to think its a sign that I shouldn't run HIDs....*sigh*......