info on aftermarket HID SAFETY issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-04, 12:16 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Re: Please......I need help

Originally posted by HarrierAWD
The OEM HID has a cut off because it blocks the light to the bottom half of the reflector housing. In other words, when you look at a factory Lexus HID, only the top half reflects the light.
This is also true. Forgot about that..
Old 11-04-04, 08:30 AM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Please......I need help

Originally posted by rl9905
Hmmm sounds like an idea... But it might not look good during the day time if someone sees my headlights. It will look ugly because there is something inside it.
Why would you turn on the headlights during the day? Showing it off?

Now I know why so many Honda Civics with HID keep their lights on at noon.
Old 11-04-04, 11:04 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Please......I need help

I think he meant the piece to block the light that he will retrofit in there may not look as clean when seen during the day.
Old 11-04-04, 12:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

blocking the bottom part of the housing would work, but that would require taking apart the headlight. of if you want, you can try to block out part of the bulb itself. now how to block it off that' something i am not sure though. i think right now when you install the bulb, the gnd wire should be on the bottom of the bulb. what you need to do is to cover up the TOP part of the bulb so light doesn't go out from there. that's how the d2r hid bulb works
Old 11-04-04, 11:17 PM
rl9905
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now I know why so many Honda Civics with HID keep their lights on at noon.
Hahaha no i'm not a Honda Civic Driver, thank goodness. What I meant was that the piece to block the light that will retrofit in the headlight may not look as clean when seen during the day, it might make it look crappy. Just like NEO said..

Originally posted by rominl
blocking the bottom part of the housing would work, but that would require taking apart the headlight. of if you want, you can try to block out part of the bulb itself. now how to block it off that' something i am not sure though. i think right now when you install the bulb, the gnd wire should be on the bottom of the bulb. what you need to do is to cover up the TOP part of the bulb so light doesn't go out from there. that's how the d2r hid bulb works
You're right about taking apart the headlights, then i have to reseal it and stuff. I'm not really sure about covering up the top part of the BULB because it might get to hot and then it might Burst inside the headlights, which isn't took good. Even touching the bulb with ur finger isnt' good either so maybe putting something on it is probably worse. But yea Thanx, i agree with you it's a cleaver idea but i cant' do that thou

Last edited by rl9905; 11-04-04 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11-04-04, 11:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by rl9905
Hahaha no i'm not a Honda Civic Driver, thank goodness. What I meant was that the piece to block the light that will retrofit in the headlight may not look as clean when seen during the day, it might make it look crappy. Just like NEO said..

You're right about taking apart the headlights, then i have to reseal it and stuff. I'm not really sure about covering up the top part of the BULB because it might get to hot and then it might Burst inside the headlights, which isn't took good. Even touching the bulb with ur finger isnt' good either so maybe putting something on it is probably worse. But yea Thanx, i agree with you it's a cleaver idea but i cant' do that thou
haha yeah, it's definitely not an easy thing to do. i wonder what kind of material is on the stock d2r bulb too.

anyway, ultimately i think getting read hid headlights are still the way to go. the only probme is the price