Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

95 es300 Hid installation

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-04, 12:13 PM
xplicit420
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 es300 Hid installation

Hello I am a new member from the south florida area and I am having extreme difficuty I am planning on doing a 5 series retrofit soon but I want to utilize the factory projectors on my car !!!!!!!!!!! I have cut out the top shield of the projector to allow more light through ...Was this the correct approach?? Anyway I am still having issues with aiming properly ...The beams seem to be off towards the side instead of being rite in front of me ....Does it matter if the metal piece running along side the bulb is cracked????????? Also The plastic pieces on the aiming screw broke off!!!! What can I do now ??????????
It seems that im having a string of badluck these days >Can Anybody help me ????? I appreciate Your response tiguy99 And I have read pretty much all the write ups that I could find under "es300 Retrofit"But still could not find any trouble shooting reffrences.....To some it up what do I have to do to install hid's on factory projectors in 95 es300??? I am using an hid system off a 04 nissan maxima ............I Would really appreciate your help with this ...
Old 11-09-04, 06:48 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Post pics of the process and drop everything you're doing before you move forward. Lets see if we can pinpoint the main source of the problem. First things first, when you say you broke the plastic screw thingy, was it the one attached to the black plastic backing of the housing? If so, you're going to have to recreate some mechanism to hold the entire metal assembly in place as OEM. This is the part that you can use your creativity. I used a piece of an old cassette tape that I broke to fit in there. It allowed the projector to sit exactly as it would if I had the old piece you mentioned you broke.

*I managed to break my left one as well hehe. Anyhow, the next thing you want to take notice of is that you're going to have to clear alot of area to get 5 series projectors to fit in there. Remember my last PM? I had not known you went ahead and purchased the units.

I was mentioning how it would be one of the most challenging units to fit in your ES300 head lamp because of the way it is designed internally (which I think Lexus was blowing crack when they designed the unit's internal setup...but that's another story) Here are some pics, tell me if you've done this already...

If you've dremmeled the cylinder like this, the hardest part is already done. If not, make sure you follow the spec to get the 5 series/Maxima unit to fit, this is the only way those big projector lense legs will pass through.

Also, don't panic if your screw piece is broke. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER is that you DON'T want to mess with the aiming screw points. Please tell me you didn't break one of those because that will create even more problems (I did this the first time on my left headlamp and had to use creative measures to aim and lock position of my left beam) Post pics and we'll see where we are and what to do. Most of all, have patience, we'll get through this.
Mike
Old 11-09-04, 06:49 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Go here also for more pics of Kyle's ES300. He also did the same retro to his 92.

http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/263568/3
Old 11-09-04, 06:52 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Also remember, if you want your projector to sit as far up as mine are, you'll have to measure about 3/8" and trim it off of the back part of the cylinder to move the projector a little bit forward. You know what, post pics of your beam pattern so I can see where we are with this

Last edited by tiguy99; 11-09-04 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-10-04, 07:15 AM
xplicit420
Driver School Candidate

Well I appreciate the pics but I dont have the 5 series projector yet I am going to buy soon>>I will deffinitley pm you when I am doing the project but for rite now I just want my factory projectors to work with my hid kit meanwhile........I have tried to fix the beam pattern but still nothing and the piece that broke off is the top aiming screw which controls right and left ..You know the little plastic cylinder with the orange line ....I have tried moving it up and down right & left but nothing I even try to see if I see the beam move but nothing...... I will have to get a digital camera to show you what I am talking about........The real question as I said befrore what do I have to install hid on my factory projector??????? Is my bulb broken when the metal piece running along side the bulb is cracked ...I appreciaatte your help Tigguy alot ...alot..alot....Hm I was just thinking maybe my bulbs are this the reason why my beam pattern SUCKS !!!!!!!
Old 11-10-04, 07:17 AM
xplicit420
Driver School Candidate

Well I appreciate the pics but I dont have the 5 series projector yet I am going to buy soon>>I will deffinitley pm you when I am doing the project but for rite now I just want my factory projectors to work with my hid kit meanwhile........I have tried to fix the beam pattern but still nothing and the piece that broke off is the top aiming screw which controls right and left ..You know the little plastic cylinder with the orange line ....I have tried moving it up and down right & left but nothing I even try to see if I see the beam move but nothing...... I will have to get a digital camera to show you what I am talking about........The real question as I said befrore what do I have to install hid on my factory projector??????? Is my bulb broken when the metal piece running along side the bulb is cracked ...I appreciaatte your help tiguy99
alot ...alot..alot....
Old 11-10-04, 07:22 AM
xplicit420
Driver School Candidate

I misspelled Your name thats why I posted twice....