Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

A6 Projectors **56K Death**

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-05 | 01:13 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah very true, the color flickering of the projectors are awesome. of all the projectors, the s2k is the nicest i have seen, the most expensive setup too
Old 01-15-05 | 01:19 AM
BlkOnBlkGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The acura TL is next in line with crazy color, I'd take either. But my next car(the new GS *fingers crossed*) will have projectors. If they are the same ones on the current LS then I'll be happy. Those things have nice color and an awesome spread. Pulled up next to one and it drowned my poor little lights. Oh and heres a crappy freeway pic. Hard to take driving lol Notice my cutoff line on the gaurdrail.

Last edited by BlkOnBlkGS; 01-15-05 at 01:32 AM.
Old 01-16-05 | 10:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Senior Moderator

man looks like it was too dangerous

anyway, i have never paid attention to the new ls430 headlights. do you know how it compares to the sc430 ones?
Old 01-17-05 | 10:17 AM
BlkOnBlkGS
Driver

The sc430's are almost as good as s2k's. Actually when you take them apart the insides look the same and bowls are almost identical. If you replace the lenses on the sc430 with a clear one the cutoff brightness spread flicker pretty much everything is like the s2k. Now the ls430 is the widest of them all because it uses a projector/reflector housing. Right below the lenses on the ls430 is a chrome piece that shoots light off to the sides further than any other projector out there. The light intensity in certain places is up to par with s2k's. For most people with small headlight housings a retrofit would be difficult to impossible. The GS housings are big enough for it but its the cosmetic part i think that would be hard.
Old 01-18-05 | 01:08 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by BlkOnBlkGS
The sc430's are almost as good as s2k's. Actually when you take them apart the insides look the same and bowls are almost identical. If you replace the lenses on the sc430 with a clear one the cutoff brightness spread flicker pretty much everything is like the s2k. Now the ls430 is the widest of them all because it uses a projector/reflector housing. Right below the lenses on the ls430 is a chrome piece that shoots light off to the sides further than any other projector out there. The light intensity in certain places is up to par with s2k's. For most people with small headlight housings a retrofit would be difficult to impossible. The GS housings are big enough for it but its the cosmetic part i think that would be hard.
wow, very good info there, awesome! i never noticed that on the ls430. i gotta go to the dealership and take a look. is it really easy to notice the piece below the projector that you talked about?

anyway, now i wonder how hard it is to change out the front lens on the sc430 to a clear lens? ever since i got my car i always wonder why it came with fuzzy lens instead of clear. i think with clear the light output would be so much nicer
Old 01-19-05 | 04:29 PM
BlkOnBlkGS
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
wow, very good info there, awesome! i never noticed that on the ls430. i gotta go to the dealership and take a look. is it really easy to notice the piece below the projector that you talked about?

anyway, now i wonder how hard it is to change out the front lens on the sc430 to a clear lens? ever since i got my car i always wonder why it came with fuzzy lens instead of clear. i think with clear the light output would be so much nicer
Romin heres a link from the HidPlanet comparing the sc430 with the s2k, how similar they are, and the outcome of putting a clear lense on it.
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/view...er=asc&start=0

Heres where you can buy clear lenses. Im actually going to swap out my frensels I bet I'll get more crazy color out of my A6's on top of them getting brighter.
http://www.rolyn.com/html/page_2__vi...d_64329__.html

Last edited by BlkOnBlkGS; 01-19-05 at 05:28 PM.
Old 01-19-05 | 09:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Senior Moderator

that's amazing, i love those info man, awesome!!!! it actually doesn't seem too hard to take out the projector to change the lens. man, now i am thinking...
Old 01-20-05 | 01:18 PM
BlkOnBlkGS
Driver

Keep me updated if you do it and how it turns out.
Old 01-20-05 | 09:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Senior Moderator

Keep me updated if you do it and how it turns out.
i wonder if i can even contact that guy specifically to do it. if i mess up the headlights on this 60k car, my wife is going to kill me
Old 01-21-05 | 12:05 AM
BlkOnBlkGS
Driver

i wonder if i can even contact that guy specifically to do it. if i mess up the headlights on this 60k car, my wife is going to kill me
Which guy? Mike who did mine?
Old 01-21-05 | 12:35 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Senior Moderator

Which guy? Mike who did mine?
him or the "littodevil" guy on the hidplanet

maybe you can hook me up and get a rough price
Old 01-21-05 | 11:52 AM
BlkOnBlkGS
Driver

I'll ask mike tonite. The guy who actually did the sc430 lense swap lives in san fran. If im not mistaken your in san jose right?
Old 01-21-05 | 02:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Senior Moderator

I'll ask mike tonite. The guy who actually did the sc430 lense swap lives in san fran. If im not mistaken your in san jose right?
yeah i am in san jose, so the guy in san fran is close

where is mike located?
Old 01-21-05 | 05:53 PM
BlkOnBlkGS
Driver

yeah i am in san jose, so the guy in san fran is close

where is mike located?
Mike is in chicago
Old 01-21-05 | 06:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Senior Moderator

Mike is in chicago
!!!! ok, that's a bit far. but it woudl be nice if you can get a rough quote and see what's a fair price

Quick Reply: A6 Projectors **56K Death**