Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

A6 Projectors **56K Death**

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-05, 07:49 PM
BlkOnBlkGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
!!!! ok, that's a bit far. but it woudl be nice if you can get a rough quote and see what's a fair price
send him a pm tiguy99
Old 01-22-05, 09:24 AM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats nice.. I cant wait till I get my HID's in..
Old 01-22-05, 06:17 PM
BlkOnBlkGS
Driver

Originally Posted by got_trd
Thats nice.. I cant wait till I get my HID's in..
Are you swapping out your halogen projectors for real xenons or adding a kit?
Old 02-09-05, 07:39 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey guys. Wait....if these are the ones you got from Slawek, he brought me the projector parts and GS halogen lamps and basically crafted the whole thing form there. Took about a week though. It'd be fun to do another. I've been bit by the retro bug again. I've got some really neat ideas on paper I'd like to bring to reality. I just need a little more time
Old 02-09-05, 07:41 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

i wonder if i can even contact that guy specifically to do it. if i mess up the headlights on this 60k car, my wife is going to kill me
Its not that hard! Hahaha....Sending a PM...
Old 02-09-05, 08:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by tiguy99
Its not that hard! Hahaha....Sending a PM...
patienly waiting man. i pm you a while back about the lens, still looking for the lens (or know how to make sure it's the right one), but i have the toughest time figuring out how to take out the headlights....

it's so tight in space i don't even know how to change the hid bulbs...
Old 02-10-05, 10:28 AM
BlkOnBlkGS
Driver

patienly waiting man. i pm you a while back about the lens, still looking for the lens (or know how to make sure it's the right one), but i have the toughest time figuring out how to take out the headlights....

Yo Rom, did you get that link i sent of the site which sells the clear lenses?
Old 02-10-05, 07:37 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Sounds like you want to swap the glass lense for the projector themselves and not the plastic lense that holds the headlamp together. THis one is a little more easier. FIrst you need to decide if you want to buy a spare set of SC430 lamps to work on or if you're comfortable opening up your only set which would involve you not having access to driving for a little while. NExt you want to grab a set of Honda S2000 projectors. (Both can be had on Ebay...not sure of the price for the SC lamps but S2000 projectors can be had for < 250 a set now) They have the exact same proportions as the S430 units and are made by the same manufacturer. Thats very good news for you my friend! The S2000 projector has been hailed by enthusiasts as one of the best ever made! The output on those are nothing short of breathtaking. Finally, you'd be swapping the glass lense from yours to the S2000 unit which would involve you taking the lamps apart down to the projector and removing the glass unit off of it and fitting in the S2000 clear lense. Let me see if I can find pics for you on hidplanet and I'll post them back here

You guys can help too. Go to www.hidplanet.com/forums
and help me search Honda S2000 lense or projector and let's post what we find back here
Old 02-10-05, 08:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by BlkOnBlkGS
Yo Rom, did you get that link i sent of the site which sells the clear lenses?
yeah i looked through the site. pretty sure i can get lens from there, though i can't find info on which one i should get for my headlights @_@
Old 02-10-05, 08:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Sounds like you want to swap the glass lense for the projector themselves and not the plastic lense that holds the headlamp together. THis one is a little more easier. FIrst you need to decide if you want to buy a spare set of SC430 lamps to work on or if you're comfortable opening up your only set which would involve you not having access to driving for a little while. NExt you want to grab a set of Honda S2000 projectors. (Both can be had on Ebay...not sure of the price for the SC lamps but S2000 projectors can be had for < 250 a set now) They have the exact same proportions as the S430 units and are made by the same manufacturer. Thats very good news for you my friend! The S2000 projector has been hailed by enthusiasts as one of the best ever made! The output on those are nothing short of breathtaking. Finally, you'd be swapping the glass lense from yours to the S2000 unit which would involve you taking the lamps apart down to the projector and removing the glass unit off of it and fitting in the S2000 clear lense. Let me see if I can find pics for you on hidplanet and I'll post them back here

You guys can help too. Go to www.hidplanet.com/forums
and help me search Honda S2000 lense or projector and let's post what we find back here
ummm ok... i think i understand what needs to be done. question then, so in order to access the glass lens for the projector, i will need to put the headlights in oven, etc.. and take it apart?

i thought maybe i can somehow just take out the whole projector from behind the headlights and change it from there?

and related info, i thought that would be how you change the bulb too?
Old 02-10-05, 10:49 PM
BlkOnBlkGS
Driver

ummm ok... i think i understand what needs to be done. question then, so in order to access the glass lens for the projector, i will need to put the headlights in oven, etc.. and take it apart?

i thought maybe i can somehow just take out the whole projector from behind the headlights and change it from there?

and related info, i thought that would be how you change the bulb too?
The projector is mounted to the inside of the housing which you cannot access from the back. The bulbs can be changed from the rear usually lexus puts a cap over its HID bulbs atleast for the GS HID housing not sure about the SC but changing it shouldnt be hard. Rom the only way to gain access to the projector is by prying the lenses from the housing using the oven method. Its not that bad of a process just have to make sure you adhere to the correct timing so that you dont melt your housings. Once the adhesive is gooey lol you pry it apart using two screwdrivers. You need to make sure that all the tabs are lifted up and off first and take your time doing so. If the adhesive becomes to stiff put it back in the oven and start where you left off. Once its loose enough the rest is muscle action and just pull the suckers apart.

Ti he'd be wasting money buying s2k projectors just for its clear lense when he could purchase the lenses in the correct diameter from the site I gave him. Its more economical this way.
Old 02-11-05, 01:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

The projector is mounted to the inside of the housing which you cannot access from the back. The bulbs can be changed from the rear usually lexus puts a cap over its HID bulbs atleast for the GS HID housing not sure about the SC but changing it shouldnt be hard. Rom the only way to gain access to the projector is by prying the lenses from the housing using the oven method. Its not that bad of a process just have to make sure you adhere to the correct timing so that you dont melt your housings. Once the adhesive is gooey lol you pry it apart using two screwdrivers. You need to make sure that all the tabs are lifted up and off first and take your time doing so. If the adhesive becomes to stiff put it back in the oven and start where you left off. Once its loose enough the rest is muscle action and just pull the suckers apart.

Ti he'd be wasting money buying s2k projectors just for its clear lense when he could purchase the lenses in the correct diameter from the site I gave him. Its more economical this way.
ah icic, thanks for the clarification, this is very helpful. i guess one "good" way for me to do it would be to get a set of new headlights off ebay or something, take it apart, and then look at the lens and see what kind of replacement i need, order them, and through everything back together

depending on the cost, i think this is worth trying, coz' i have seen s2k headlights before in action, it's just sick
Old 02-12-05, 07:16 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

I didn't see all of that site yet. I didn't know you can buy lenses there. WOW! I may go grab some super clears for myself as well. Rominl, if you find the right lenses there, price them, then grab them and I'll swap them for you. I recommend you grab a spare set of lamps first. Check that Ebay link I sent you. See if you can price them through a wholesale used car parts site or one of our vendors here.
Old 02-13-05, 01:41 AM
BlkOnBlkGS
Driver

I didn't see all of that site yet. I didn't know you can buy lenses there. WOW! I may go grab some super clears for myself as well. Rominl, if you find the right lenses there, price them, then grab them and I'll swap them for you. I recommend you grab a spare set of lamps first. Check that Ebay link I sent you. See if you can price them through a wholesale used car parts site or one of our vendors here.
I should have read this while we were chatting on aol. What do you think a clear lense would do to my A6?
Old 02-14-05, 08:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

thanks man, i got the link. on route to plan out the mods and see how i can get this done. it sounds really exciting

Quick Reply: A6 Projectors **56K Death**