Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

A6 Projectors **56K Death**

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-05, 09:07 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
thanks man, i got the link. on route to plan out the mods and see how i can get this done. it sounds really exciting
Dammit....my computer crashed when I had this really good response. I can't remember what I was saying....I'll post it later when it comes back

grrrrrrrrrr
Old 02-14-05, 10:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by tiguy99
Dammit....my computer crashed when I had this really good response. I can't remember what I was saying....I'll post it later when it comes back

grrrrrrrrrr
you better!!!!!!!!!!! i value your opinions a lot!
Old 02-15-05, 09:18 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
you better!!!!!!!!!!! i value your opinions a lot!
Hmm lets see. I may have the short and sweet version....I paraphrased BlkonBlkGS when he asked how the clear lense will effect the HID. I mentioned that the clear lense may improve the picture the HID beam projects from the projector somewhat where the image presented outward becomes somewhat sharper. This results in a sharper cuttoff line and a more contrasted pattern and perhaps some more coloron the cuttoff line. The tradeoff is somewhat increased glare from the projector. (not glare in the way of an HID kit) but like loosing the effect the freshnal lense is setup to provide. If you look at a BMW 5/7 series (which uses nothing but HElla projectors which use Harmonized freshnal lenses to produce a soft looking lit projector to oncoming traffic) you'll see what I mean. I for one like that approach better. If there was a way to duplicate that image on an all smooth glass lense I'd be all over it. Anyhow, each one of us has our preference and although this isn't all I wrote last night, its the gist of it.

As for your imput Romin, I appreciate that too! Keep me in the loop. And keep an eye on Valeo projector equipped cars (Corvette 2006, Saab, Audi A4/S6/A8 Ferrari's and other exotics which use the lenses you guys want) and the Bimmers with the freshnal lenses (745/760 5 series), Range Rover, Maxima etc) that drive toward you at night. Tell me which one's you guys like best and that may give you an idea of which projector you prefer. If you think the small trade off is worth it, then gentlemen....I present you your next HID mod!!!

Last edited by tiguy99; 02-17-05 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-06-06, 04:05 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BlkOnBlkGS
I should have read this while we were chatting on aol. What do you think a clear lense would do to my A6?
HEhe! I have no idea why it took me so long to answer this question but it would be nothing short of breathtaking! Your cuttoff would be nothing short of super sharp and your color line would increase meaning more flickering. God I've yet to come across a set of A6's like those in the past 3 years. Of the many projects I've completed I'd like to just once have a set like those to play with again.

Now my special TSX set I have lying around the house for my next project well those are another story lol