best LED vendor?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-05, 12:57 PM
Goldark
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best LED vendor?

looking for 4 or 6 LED wedge bulbs
anyone know where the best place to get them at?
ebay?
Old 02-20-05, 05:53 PM
sakaike
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been very happy with an eBay seller that goes by the name of Velocity LEDs. In my 04 RX330, I have replaced all the side marker lights, all the amber turn signals, and the parking lights with a variety of different LEDs from Velocity LEDs, and have been very happy with the brightness, color, quality and prices of those guys. Highly recommended.
Old 02-24-05, 07:29 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 301 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by sakaike
I have been very happy with an eBay seller that goes by the name of Velocity LEDs. In my 04 RX330, I have replaced all the side marker lights, all the amber turn signals, and the parking lights with a variety of different LEDs from Velocity LEDs, and have been very happy with the brightness, color, quality and prices of those guys. Highly recommended.
How long have you had them for? Any burnt out yet?

Can you please post some pics of them lit up? Thanks!
Old 02-24-05, 08:31 AM
sakaike
Rookie

Since I have been doing this incrementally, they have been in the car from anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks.

I intend to eventually post pics, both lit and not, but frankly, it's not very high on my priority list, so please don't hold your breath.

And no, while it is definitely still early, none of them have burnt out yet.
Old 02-24-05, 08:34 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Since I have been doing this incrementally, they have been in the car from anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks.

I intend to eventually post pics, both lit and not, but frankly, it's not very high on my priority list, so please don't hold your breath.

And no, while it is definitely still early, none of them have burnt out yet.
Thanks for the feedback.

I was not "trying" to make it a priority on your list (taking pics). Just requesting that you do so that others can benefit from your experience. Take your time.
Old 03-01-05, 09:01 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

what are the prices of the 6 LEDs that velocity sells? Also are they listed on ebay as Velocity LEDs?
Old 03-01-05, 10:24 PM
sakaike
Rookie

I'm not exactly sure which 6-LED bulb you are looking for, but here is a link to their eBay Store:

Velocity LEDs
Old 03-02-05, 06:19 AM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

what about these

Raybrig ... 4-Leds and 6-Leds
Attached Thumbnails best LED vendor?-dsc05159small.jpg  
Old 03-02-05, 02:30 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I'm not exactly sure which 6-LED bulb you are looking for, but here is a link to their eBay Store:

Velocity LEDs
Are their bulbs pretty bright?
Old 03-02-05, 03:27 PM
sakaike
Rookie

First, let me say that it's my guess (I definitely don't know this for a fact), that many of the LED sellers out there (and mentioned in numerous threads here) are probably selling bulbs made by the same place.

I just can't imagine multiple places making the same inverted bulbs, radiating bulbs, and multi-LED bulbs in all the same exact configurations.

To answer your question, the answer is sort of.

I'm using 6-LED "super-white" LEDs in my parking lights. They have a definite blue tinge, that I like. All 6 LEDs are forward firing, so I believe that when viewed straight on, they are brighter than the stock bulbs. However, they don't radiate sideways, so their ability to reflect light off the reflector and provide a broad "glow" is definitely not there. Personally, I prefer this look, but this is definitely a subjective choice.

I'm using 5-LED super-white "refractor" bulbs in the front and rear side markers. I can't remember what they're really called, but they're the ones with one forward firing LED, and 4 side-firing LEDs. Since they're all behind red and amber lenses, you really can't tell the difference from the stock bulbs, and if I had it to do again, I would probably save my money.

I'm using 15-LED amber bulbs for my turn signal/hazard lights - both front and rear. These are the install I like the best. The bulbs are clear when they are not in use, so the bezels look clear during the daytime, instead of the amber that is reflected from the stock bulbs through the lenses. Having said that, these bulbs are definitely a little dimmer than stock. However, given that the turn signals and hazard lights are used so infrequently, I don't think it's a big deal. They are definitely NOT so dim so as to be a safety hazard. They are just a little dimmer than stock.

Also - please note that for these turn signal bulbs, I also had to install the load resistors so that the flash rate was similar to stock. Otherwise, the flash rate is very rapid.

I apologize in advance for not having any before and after photos to post. I hope to eventually post after photos, but you folks will probably have decided what to do on your own long before I get around to taking the pics. I hope that this narrative serves as a decent substitute for the pics.

Last edited by sakaike; 03-02-05 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-02-05, 03:35 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

www.superbrightleds.com

They got every bulb size, color, etc that you will ever want or need. Just about everyone on the Maxima forum uses them. No one has ever had a problem with them.
Old 03-02-05, 08:20 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by magneto112
www.superbrightleds.com

They got every bulb size, color, etc that you will ever want or need. Just about everyone on the Maxima forum uses them. No one has ever had a problem with them.
I just ordered some of the 6 leds and will hopefully be installing them real soon. They had very good prices also.
Old 03-03-05, 07:20 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
I just ordered some of the 6 leds and will hopefully be installing them real soon. They had very good prices also.

Oh wow. Cool man. I'm going to be ordering some from here myslef this summer and putting them in my guage cluster on my Max. Good luck and enjoy.
Old 03-03-05, 07:37 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by magneto112
Oh wow. Cool man. I'm going to be ordering some from here myslef this summer and putting them in my guage cluster on my Max. Good luck and enjoy.
Interesting mod this should be. I would love to see pics when you are done.
Old 03-03-05, 09:15 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Originally Posted by Hameed
Interesting mod this should be. I would love to see pics when you are done.
Haha, the fellow Maxima owner. Yeah man, I'm looking forward to doing this, but it might be time consuming considering that I have to get to the Guage cluster to begin with. It might be a harder job than I think. But we will see. I can't wait to try it though. My best friend opened his guage cluster up and has blue LED's shining up on the guage cluster from the lower right and left corners in his Max. Its a very eye pleasing mod I must say. I like the clean simple look which is why I'm going for the LED backlighting. Not sure which color. Either Blue or White. Probably the 6 Led bulb. I might add this Intelliglow needle to, but they are quite expensive just for a needle. About 50-60 bucks. Some that have it say they are worth it though. I'm worried about messing the calibration of the needles if I do this mod. Heres the link for the needles.

www.importintelligence.com

Go in and click on intelliglow needle kits.

Quick Reply: best LED vendor?