Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

angel lights...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-05, 12:05 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

This is going to be totally DIY guys, there is not kit or set price, and good thing there isn't; we can't all be there same here now can we? Good luck.
Old 03-03-05, 12:08 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadyJC
I think the rings are easy enough to find but if you just buy the rings, my feeling is that you've got to break apart the seal on the headlamp assembly install, and then re-seal it, sounds like a lot of very delicate work that would be very costly if you screwed it up somehow. Unless someone knows a better way?
Nope. Gotta open up the housings to put in the rings.
Old 03-03-05, 12:36 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
This is going to be totally DIY guys, there is not kit or set price, and good thing there isn't; we can't all be there same here now can we? Good luck.

Justin has provided this service to GammaLex for one. He will dis-assemble, install the angle eyes and re-asssemble your headlights for you.

http://www.advancedautomotiveconcepts.com/
Old 03-03-05, 01:06 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha guys... im not worried about the install, i have smoeone with quite the DIY skills enough to get the rings in for me... the only problem is, i dont seem to be able to find where to get the rings other than ebay... and i wasnt sure if those rings would work with my GS... i was hoping to get the ones some of the IS guys got on their IS's... any ideas where to purchase the rings other than ebay? i know some guys on CL sell them or make them or something like that....
Old 03-04-05, 07:33 AM
RMMGS4

You can make your own, but what you can't tell from those pictures is that it's not actually very bright. Cameras never represent light the same way as the human eye. That DIY set up is only lit up by an LED.

The REAL Angel Eyes are the Gen V DDE. These use a ring that is a type of flourescent tube. These are way brighter and are still visible when the headlights are on.

The other thing is all the rings on Ebay and elsewhere are not the correct diameter to match the GS headlights. I have talked directly to one distributor who happens to be located in my area. I asked them why they didn't offer rings that are the correct diameter for the GS and they said they couldn't justify the cost to manufacture a new size. www.umnitza.com

The last time I spoke to Justin at Advanced Automotive Concepts, it sounded like he was still trying to get them made. It's been a while since I followed up with him, but I assume they have been finally released. He is the ONLY one to my knowledge that has the correct size, but there may be others.

So my point is, finding rings the correct size in the past has not been that easy. You can't just get BMW or IS300 rings on Ebay and adapt them.
Old 03-04-05, 07:41 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The rings for the bmw and IS are really small. The IS rings just happen to fit perfect around the q45 projector and the small IS one around the e39 projector. If you have a stock GS headlight you will have a hard time trying to mount the small rings around such a large reflector.

Last edited by GammaLex; 03-04-05 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-04-05, 07:51 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by GammaLex
The rings for the bmw and IS are really small. The IS rings just happen to fit perfect around the q45 projector and the small IS one around the e39 projector. If you have a stock GS headlight you will have a hard time trying to mount the small rings around such a large reflector.

Ahh that makes a lot of sense now, how you did it.

So that still leaves the question, does Justin now have rings availabe for the stock GS headlight?
Old 03-04-05, 08:00 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RMMGS4

So that still leaves the question, does Justin now have rings availabe for the stock GS headlight?
I dont think so. But it doesnt matter to me because my GS is stock now
Old 03-04-05, 09:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4

i doubt then, there is no market
Old 03-04-05, 09:31 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yup. I've been talking on and off with umnitza for 2 years and he doesn't think there is a market large enough to be worth the effort. Initially, they wanted to and was going to use my car as a test car. I guess they never saw the demand so they backed down.

Oh well, for now, it is all DIY.
Old 03-04-05, 10:00 AM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

Wow, if anyone made a kit like this for the SC, I would be all over it. It just looks so agressive.
Old 03-04-05, 10:56 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by Neo
Yup. I've been talking on and off with umnitza for 2 years and he doesn't think there is a market large enough to be worth the effort. Initially, they wanted to and was going to use my car as a test car. I guess they never saw the demand so they backed down.

Oh well, for now, it is all DIY.
I visited Mr. "Umnitza" himself at his office a couple of times last year. This guy is soooo busy, I watched him pack and ship tons of angel eyes to people all over. The thing is, just the BMW and other imports he supports is sooo much business for him already, that adding the Lexus GS and even the IS is not a priority to him.

Only Justin focuses on the Lexus market with the Gen V DDE's. Umnitza re-sells to Justin, while he focuses on BMW business, etc.
Old 03-05-05, 11:33 AM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

hey gamma, the IS rings DO fit around the Q45 correct? so the IS rings will fit around my Q45's if I were to purchase them? will the smaller IS rings fit around in the stock DRL? If the IS halos fit onto the Q45, then im set to purchase the rings for my headlights but now i gotta find the right size for the DRL's also.
Old 03-05-05, 02:13 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Just knowing what the diameter is on the bmw and IS300 angel eye kits is enough guys.

I am actually glad that there are no "kits" for GS or SC guys, things like these are cool cause they're rare. If everyone was running around with these, nobody would want it. no?
Old 03-05-05, 02:33 PM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually ***************** makes angel eyes for the SC300/400 for around the projection lens and high beam. Its way to expensive though

Quick Reply: angel lights...