Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

One of the latest exciting HID retrofits I'm working on....

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-05, 12:46 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default One of the latest exciting HID retrofits I'm working on....

Gotta keep the party going!

For this one, I'll only reveal a few details...more to come in the next couple days

Projector: S2000 (Washer Modified)

Lucky Car: GS400 00+

(Who's car...well guess... It'll be interesting when you see the final pics of them installed in the lucky cl member's ride. For now have fun guessing lol)

As for me: I'm recreating mounts for these wierd projectors as they are difficult to install (for most retrofitters and very difficult for ametuers...let's say I wouldn't recommend this as your first HID retrofit project....maybe your 3rd or 4th)
Here goes...

Old 06-22-05, 04:13 AM
GS3T
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can't wait to see the final results
Old 06-22-05, 12:36 PM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

keep it up mike
Old 06-23-05, 11:13 AM
noop
Instructor

Cool beans, cant wait to see the final product! good job Mike
Old 06-24-05, 09:30 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

veyr nice! s2k projectors! man GS projector retrofits have been a big fad nowdays huh?
Old 06-24-05, 09:48 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Cool

Oh yeah! I'm almost done. Look for the final shots tonight (beam shots and all). I think you guys are going to be impressed with this project (probably moreso than any of the other ones I've done in the past) Lookout!
Old 06-24-05, 08:45 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Default Cuttoff shots coming though!!!!

(60-70 feet away)

I'm closing the lamps back up as I write this. FInal shots should be up either late tonight or tomorrow morning before the lamps ship back to their rightful owner.

Enjoy
Old 06-25-05, 12:47 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Patience does pay off when matched with diligence. Check these pics out while we wait on that JB to dry. As for now, I can finally kick my feet up a bit and relax for a day before I begin the next project. Hopefully the owner will enjoy it just as much as I enjoyed making it.
Peace

(Look how clear that lense is!!! Gotta love the S2k projector...it just is what it is)

(By the way, in that last pic the headlamp plastic lense isn't sealed on. I put it there to see how its going to look like in the morning when I can finally put these back in the oven)
Old 06-25-05, 07:51 AM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as always mike, good job and we want to see more pictures
Old 06-25-05, 08:44 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Finished shots!

Look at that! Still able to use the GS OEM headlamp rubber seals. "Get thy behind me Condensation!"

Like I said before, S2000s aren't the most user friendly HID components to install/ retrofit. So anytime you manage to pull it off and have it look good in the process warants you take the day off and go enjoy yourself with a few ladies and some beer (if you drink) Feast your eyes on this latest project and enjoy yourself because that's exactly what I plan to do later this evening. Then it's on to the next one! Boy GS retrofits sure are getting popular aren't they
Old 06-25-05, 08:58 AM
thirdmotio
Pole Position

awesome
Old 06-25-05, 10:05 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts
Thumbs up

Excellent work tiguy
I've been following you do this project and hats off to you.
Are the inner rings next to the projector painted to match the owner's car or is it just grey/white?
Can't really tell from the pictures.

Seems like the trademark for the s2000 cutoff is that upward slant of the middle beam :

Have you done the LS430 yet?
Attached Thumbnails One of the latest exciting HID retrofits I'm working on....-s2000.jpg  
Old 06-25-05, 11:02 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Thanks. The inner trim is a sheet metal custom trimmed to fit the countour of the reflector piece inside the headlamp. Its painted in a high temperature flat silver to match the owner's car. As for the LS, I havent' done it yet but I'm looking forward to a request for me to do one soon. I'm sure it'll turn out to be one hot project. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if anyone's ever retrofitted an LS Lexus of any year (at least publicly). But on www.hidplanet.com , there's this guy that retrofitted the new LS430 projectors into his 99-00 E320 Merc and boy did it turn out nice. Check it out. His post is in the forums section under the photo section. Look how wide they are

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8132

Old 06-25-05, 01:10 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

just out of curiousity, how would you do an HID retrofit onto my car (1995 LS) if it doesnt have anything remotely similar to projectors? im asking because if i do HID i dont wanna hafta convert the front end to 98+ but ii still want the nice cutoff line and the projector lamps.

-Annant
Old 06-26-05, 10:52 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

I would do it the same way I did all the others. When you retrofit, you turn the old halogen reflector lamp into something else. With your car it would involve installing some projectors in there and then fabricating the rest of the setup into something like the GS lamp above. However you run into one problem. Your lenses are diffused. This means they have those lines all over them. This is bad for HID projectors and seriously kills their output. You can do a lense transplant (hard and possibly not good looking in the end)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=E39+ES300

or find some aftermarket lenses (JDM ones) that are super clear. If you do that, you'll get the same if not better output than what you see in these pics but it'll be on your ride at the end of the day.

On a side note, I drove next to an 05 LS430 on Lake Shore Drive last night! Let me tell you, the output is so amazing on those things, they dwarfed my ECE E46s! Not only were they brighter but they outspread my own light pattern. Now that's saying something because my things are real bright and spread about 4-5 lanes across the highway. But the LS430s were about 30-40% brighter and I could see their beam pattern overlap mine! All they need is a little color modification on the cuttoff line and we've got a winner. Now I know why they're so hard to come by let alone expensive

Last edited by tiguy99; 06-26-05 at 11:03 AM.

Quick Reply: One of the latest exciting HID retrofits I'm working on....