Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a link to OLT's store. http://www.lextech.org/osCommerce/
Old 09-22-05, 03:00 PM
TWISTED II
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tryk Racing
Here is a link to OLT's store. http://www.lextech.org/osCommerce/
haha, no way. you think i'm gonna pay those prices for work i can do in a few days? not so much. my gauges are the "31" white right now, and i'm just looking to buy the SMDs to do my own needles. i was curious where he buys them from.
Old 09-22-05, 04:14 PM
Tryk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TWISTED II
haha, no way. you think i'm gonna pay those prices for work i can do in a few days? not so much. my gauges are the "31" white right now, and i'm just looking to buy the SMDs to do my own needles. i was curious where he buys them from.
Good luck with making your own SMD needles. I am planning on tackling that sometime, but its very intricate work. Have you ever worked with SMD led's? I have converted alot of cell phone led's and they are SMALL...very hard to work with.

Do a search on the internet...there are lots of places to buy SMD's from. If you are smart enough to make your own SMD needles, you should know how to search the internet to buy them.
Old 09-22-05, 04:52 PM
TWISTED II
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tryk Racing
Good luck with making your own SMD needles. I am planning on tackling that sometime, but its very intricate work. Have you ever worked with SMD led's? I have converted alot of cell phone led's and they are SMALL...very hard to work with.

Do a search on the internet...there are lots of places to buy SMD's from. If you are smart enough to make your own SMD needles, you should know how to search the internet to buy them.

i found SMDs everywhere, but if you were smart enough to make your own SMD needles, you would know they don't all come in 1 size etc. this question was looking for the right size SMD and where to buy them. if you can't tell me where to get the correct SMDs for the needles, then, what are you doing?
Old 09-22-05, 07:57 PM
Tryk
Pole Position

i found SMDs everywhere, but if you were smart enough to make your own SMD needles, you would know they don't all come in 1 size etc. this question was looking for the right size SMD and where to buy them. if you can't tell me where to get the correct SMDs for the needles, then, what are you doing?
Well I don't know forsure but I have worked with both 0603 and 0805, and my best guess would be the 0805 size for our needles. Although 0603 would be a safer bet as they are smaller, and would be more likely to fit, but they are TINY and would be hard to solder.
Here is a picture of both sizes next to a dime for comparison...most people really have no idea how small they are.
Old 09-22-05, 09:48 PM
TWISTED II
Pole Position

well they have to go inside of our needles, so, yeah, they are gonna be friggen small, lol. i took apart the needles already, so i know the area i have to work with. now i just hafta decide which i would want to use. thanks for the info.
Old 09-23-05, 12:53 PM
TWISTED II
Pole Position

OLT, can you verify this? where do you buy your SMDs and what sizes are they? i need to get goin on this, i'm tired of having nice *** gauges and no needles, lol.
Old 09-28-05, 12:40 PM
TWISTED II
Pole Position

Hellooooo?
Old 10-01-05, 01:00 PM
TWISTED II
Pole Position

OLTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Old 10-02-05, 08:08 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Mario,

I've split your thread off so it gets more attention on its own rather than keep bumping a huge thread and creating mass email notifications to everyone on it when there is no new information or post of interest for them.

Its up to OLT if he wants to respond to your post or not, please do not continue to bump the thread asking for him specifically to answer. You can use the PM feature as well, but if he has you on his 'ignore' list he won't see your post or your PM.
Old 10-02-05, 11:54 AM
TWISTED II
Pole Position

well that thread was a sticky, so i dunno if he was realizing i was posting in it since its at the top of the page anyways. and i figured if i started a new thread, you would just say "don't double post." so damned if i do, damned if i don't. and i have PMed him with no reply.

that would be pretty cool if i was on his ignore list though. considering the only time we've talked was me saying i can match what him and lextech does for a fraction of the price. but in any event, i'll do it with or without his help.

Last edited by TWISTED II; 10-02-05 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-02-05, 01:12 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

well that thread was a sticky, so i dunno if he was realizing i was posting in it since its at the top of the page anyways. and i figured if i started a new thread, you would just say "don't double post." so damned if i do, damned if i don't. and i have PMed him with no reply.

that would be pretty cool if i was on his ignore list though. considering the only time we've talked was me saying i can match what him and lextech does for a fraction of the price. but in any event, i'll do it with or without his help.
I don't understand your 'damned' comment at all, very seldom do I (or other mods) say 'don't double post' unless you put the exact same question in multiple forums.

PS I thnk you also got a notice about what you have to do to promote and sell items on this forum, especially if you start talking about price like you just did (again). Regardless, if you can't even find where source them for yourself sounds like it'll be pretty difficult to do with enough volume to sell to others and warranty.

Taken what you're asking off track. Let's get on topic and if anyone can help you find them, they'll post here
Old 10-02-05, 01:32 PM
TWISTED II
Pole Position

for myself. did i ever even give a price quote to anyone else? nope. i really don't consider saying "a fraction" as talking about pricing. and i am not doing these gauges for other people like i originally planned to either.
i was going to do something different with the needles at first, but now decided to just use SMDs. in any event..................i found 152 places that sell SMDs, i just want to make sure i'm getting the right size before i go spend all this money. but if trial and error is the only way i'll find the right size, i guess thats what i'll have to do. it would be nice to know if i'll ever get a reply from OLT or if he is ignoring me though. i hope he is. i think that would just be about the funniest damned thing i've seen in a long time.

Quick Reply: Where can I buy red SMDs?