Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Need opinion on LED bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-05 | 11:38 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Default Need opinion on LED bulbs

Looking for an opinion from you guys on the led bulbs that are all over ebay. I want to swap all the stock bulbs on my 01 gs430 with these led lights, but I do not know if I should because I heard they are actually a lot dimmer than stock bulbs.
Old 10-23-05 | 11:57 AM
IS3CM
Lead Lap

Led bulbs are great in some areas and not in others. I changed my city lights on my IS to leds and I'm very happy with them. A while back I ordered Leds for the turn signals and brake lights. ended up that the turn signals were not bright enough and I would to have bough this other adapter to make them stop blinking so fast. I didn't try the break lights cause I didn't think they would be bright enough. Your only hope is to find some that are bright enough and shine backwards to the reflectors in the light houseing so that they will light up the whole brake light or turn signal whatever your trying to do. If not your going to get a consintrated red light thats not going to be very bright. Those are my experences with leds but maybe someone else has another solution. Hope this helps.

Chase.
Old 10-23-05 | 12:12 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Keelyi300
Led bulbs are great in some areas and not in others. I changed my city lights on my IS to leds and I'm very happy with them. A while back I ordered Leds for the turn signals and brake lights. ended up that the turn signals were not bright enough and I would to have bough this other adapter to make them stop blinking so fast. I didn't try the break lights cause I didn't think they would be bright enough. Your only hope is to find some that are bright enough and shine backwards to the reflectors in the light houseing so that they will light up the whole brake light or turn signal whatever your trying to do. If not your going to get a consintrated red light thats not going to be very bright. Those are my experences with leds but maybe someone else has another solution. Hope this helps.

Chase.
I see, this is exactly what I was afraid of. I guess I wont be doing this since the primary reason I was even considering it is in order to make lights brighter, not dimmer.
Old 10-23-05 | 03:23 PM
IS3CM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Och
I see, this is exactly what I was afraid of. I guess I wont be doing this since the primary reason I was even considering it is in order to make lights brighter, not dimmer.
Yeah I dont think that it would be worth even trying it unless you can find your size at autozone or somewhere where you could try it and not spend to much. It might be different on the GS but I have a feeling its probably the same. Let me know if you need anything else.

Chase
Old 10-23-05 | 06:09 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

If your doing Taillights, don't use led.
Old 10-25-05 | 11:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

btw, for led, try here

http://lextech.org/oscommerce2/