Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Hid

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-06, 06:12 PM
batmobl
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hid

I thought some of you might interested in this. I ran into it while browsing through ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus...QQcmdZViewItem

Not sure how this would be in comparison with the xenon depot kit. Some of the experts might be able to shed some light.
Old 01-12-06, 07:44 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts

i wouldnt touch it since i dont know the quality of the Bulbs or the Ballasts. id go for a kit that uses namebrand bulbs and ballasts and has the right shield (if needed) for ur application.

now, for a laugh, a link to an auction for some blue bulbs. please, read the Q&A section for some laughs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLUE-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-12-06, 09:20 PM
ELEX470
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Exclamation this one looks interesting

check this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT
Old 01-12-06, 10:36 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

how bout something that is for headlights and not fogs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...hippingPayment

im looking into getting these if the seller offers them in H4/9006 specs.
Old 01-13-06, 04:40 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
i wouldnt touch it since i dont know the quality of the Bulbs or the Ballasts. id go for a kit that uses namebrand bulbs and ballasts and has the right shield (if needed) for ur application.

now, for a laugh, a link to an auction for some blue bulbs. please, read the Q&A section for some laughs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLUE-...QQcmdZViewItem
Q: What does 8500K mean and how will it benefit my driving?

A: Contrary to popular belief a "K" rating is not the measurement of a bulbs brightness or color depth, but it is in fact the ability to project its light source further and wider into the darkness. Using this formula our 8500K foglights project over twice the distance and width of stock bulbs. (Example) All indoor movie theatres use 4800K bulbs for their movie projectors. This is how they are able to project on such a wide screen with amazing clarity. Now imagine what our 8500K bulbs can do for your vision.

... WHAT?!?
Old 01-13-06, 07:08 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Koma
Q: What does 8500K mean and how will it benefit my driving?

A: Contrary to popular belief a "K" rating is not the measurement of a bulbs brightness or color depth, but it is in fact the ability to project its light source further and wider into the darkness. Using this formula our 8500K foglights project over twice the distance and width of stock bulbs. (Example) All indoor movie theatres use 4800K bulbs for their movie projectors. This is how they are able to project on such a wide screen with amazing clarity. Now imagine what our 8500K bulbs can do for your vision.

... WHAT?!?
2 Words...Straight Kaka!!!!!!

Like Flava Flave said it back in the 80s..."Don't believe the Hype!" or Yeeeehhh Booooyyyyyiiiii!!!"

Seriously, go for an HID kit that features genuine Philips or Osram/Sylvania/Philips bulbs and Genuine Philips ballasts. If you find any of these brand ballast you're ok too:

Stanley/Kioto, Matsu****a, Panasonic, Valeo, Bosch, Osram/Sylvania or even Hella you're ok. These are the ones most auto manufactures use on their OEM HID equipped cars. If the brand name seems fishy well it probably is.

Here's a great site that can help educate you about the proper way of getting into HID

http://faqlight.carpassion.info/

Let the force be with you!
Old 01-13-06, 01:58 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i like your sig idea tiguy99. i have been doing it for a while on other forums. Oukast is the ish here is one of my current one's

I chop the block like Mr.Miyagi, candy paint drippin' so wet it left the concreate soggy" good ole paul wonton wiggidy wall
Old 01-13-06, 08:39 PM
BlitzIS350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Elex470 - i recently purchased that exact same kit for my IS350 ("Exsun HID kit" H11 bulb size) after 4 days, im having to return the ballast bc it decided to stop working on me. be aware that the seller on ebay Hanry2000 says on his ebay ad that its genuine hella and phillips components, but when you get the kit, its package and ballasts say exsun on it. when i emailed him asking why they are not labeled hella and phillips he said that bc only OEM products can only be labeled as hella and phillips. kind of skeptical, i gave it a world and now im having to send out the faulty ballast for him to check and send out a new one. ill have an update about this matter... so for now im driving around with 1 headlight.
Old 01-14-06, 03:02 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

my favorite bit x.x

Q: Why should I purchase EuroDezigns bulbs?

A: Our 8500K foglights are absolutely the best money can buy. Our 8500K rating is not only on our label but in our bulbs. Other companies claim to have 8500K ratings (or even more) but ask yourself this; if they have it, why is it not on their label.... All I can say is try them in your vehicle for 1 week, and if your not 100% satisfied, send them back and I will refund your winning auction price!!!!