Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

HID conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-06, 12:59 PM
b1ackhawk
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HID conversion

OK, maybe you guys can clarify something for me.
Is it possible to do a HID conversion on the SC with out having to change the projector?
I though you had to do a huge project, replace the projectors and all that crap, but i was reading a site somewhere that made it seem like you could do a hid conversion with just a bulb, ignitor and something else. I know im and idiot when it comes to hid systems and im not talking about crappy bulbs that claim to be hid or xenon, but i took it as a hid system that you could basically "bolt on" to your existing headlight system. Is this possible?
Old 02-09-06, 01:44 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 291 Likes on 216 Posts

Yes. Search for "HID kit"
Old 02-09-06, 01:44 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

yes they are called conversion kits. phillips, mccullah, and others make them and they just plug in and replace the existing bulb. i got one for myself and like it a lot in the sense of being able to see better in any night time condition.
Old 02-09-06, 01:47 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Yes, you can just buy a kit and shove it into your factory projectors.

Now I have a question for you guys.

Is it true that I hear searching yeilds incredible results for answers to my questions? It seems so hard to do beacuse entering 2 keywords is the most difficult thing...ever!

Please search!
Old 02-09-06, 02:11 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
Yes, you can just buy a kit and shove it into your factory projectors.

Now I have a question for you guys.

Is it true that I hear searching yeilds incredible results for answers to my questions? It seems so hard to do beacuse entering 2 keywords is the most difficult thing...ever!

Please search!
I understand how you feel. People do need to search before just starting a thread, especially about something as common as an HID kit/retrofit.

Not to jump all over the thread starter, but when someone else has a question and actually uses the search feature to find their answer they will now have to look through another thread which has no answers for them. People always say, "I didn't search because I didn't want to look through 10 threads to find the answer I wanted" well guess what? neither do the rest of us. So just as a courtesy to everyone else please try to search first before starting a thread on a topic that's been throughly discussed. We even have an entire lighting forum that will help answer questions about HID and other lighting issues.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/for...ysprune=&f=128
Old 02-09-06, 02:44 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it true that I hear searching yeilds incredible results for answers to my questions?
Nope it is all a big lie just like santa claus
Old 02-09-06, 02:55 PM
mrjohal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KID kit

Originally Posted by NYLexSC
Yes. Search for "HID kit"

Where do you search for HID kit? Any particular brand to go with?

-Harps
Old 02-09-06, 03:04 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 291 Likes on 216 Posts

There are lots of brands of Kits that have been stated, try Xenondepot.com, they are a vendor here I believe. All you need is a brand that offers a HID Kit for the 9006 socket. If you are feeling creative, you can go with 9005 and just modify the bulb, but thats more labor intensive (although the output of light will be better)
Old 02-09-06, 03:13 PM
laxdude362
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BigManne
Nope it is all a big lie just like santa claus
Wait a minute?? Santa Claus isn't real????
Old 02-09-06, 03:17 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrjohal
Where do you search for HID kit? Any particular brand to go with?

-Harps
What he meant was to enter the terms "HID kit" into the search field at the upper left side of the computer screen and read the threads. Some other key words which will help you are "plug and play."

McCulloch makes a decent plug and play hid kit...My personal preference is 4300k. Just do some research before you plunk down your cash.

laxdude, don't worry mang...Santa is real...trust me on that. I'm him every year, my daughter just doesn't know it
Old 02-09-06, 03:22 PM
laxdude362
Lexus Test Driver

LOL! I was just messing around.
Old 02-09-06, 04:22 PM
b1ackhawk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vipsoarer
yes they are called conversion kits. phillips, mccullah, and others make them and they just plug in and replace the existing bulb. i got one for myself and like it a lot in the sense of being able to see better in any night time condition.
Thanks for the straight answer vipsoarer and i really appreciate the GOOD info from everyone else, but some of you guys need to relax. Im realize that i have a low post count on this board and some of you guys with 1000+ posts think your some kind of Super Elite Members who dont have time to waste trying to help somebody understand something (but have plenty of time to bash people over and over again). I'm no stranger to forums and was a member of mwir.net and clubsi.com for a number of years when I was working on my GS-R, i may not be Super Elite but that doesnt mean I'm ignorant. I did a search on HID and got 500+ results on it, after reading the first few pages of threads i began to get a little overwhelmed, so I figured I'd just ask. HID is something I've never looked into until recently and although I read a bunch of stuff on it, just needed some clarification in my own lingo (even though i am fairly technical and do alot of work myself, i would by no means consider myself to be a mechanic and not everyone else here is). Again thanks for the insight.
Old 02-09-06, 04:31 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SC4Hundo
I did a search on HID and got 500+ results on it, after reading the first few pages of threads i began to get a little overwhelmed, so I figured I'd just ask.
I feel ya man, trust me I do. That's why we say "search throughly first" instead of starting a new thread. By starting a new thread it became 501 threads people will have to skim through for answers on HID issues, and we're trying to cut down on that. Please understand.

As for anyone saying something that you feel isn't helpful, just try your best to ignore it and not inflame the situation by responding to the poster. Threads tend to stay better on track that way. In any case, you're always free to pm me or anyone else you choose should you have a question that you're unable to find an answer for. My mailbox is open for you should you choose to contact me. Be safe fellas.

-Mike
Old 02-09-06, 04:41 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by SC4Hundo
Thanks for the straight answer vipsoarer and i really appreciate the GOOD info from everyone else, but some of you guys need to relax. Im realize that i have a low post count on this board and some of you guys with 1000+ posts think your some kind of Super Elite Members who dont have time to waste trying to help somebody understand something (but have plenty of time to bash people over and over again). I'm no stranger to forums and was a member of mwir.net and clubsi.com for a number of years when I was working on my GS-R, i may not be Super Elite but that doesnt mean I'm ignorant. I did a search on HID and got 500+ results on it, after reading the first few pages of threads i began to get a little overwhelmed, so I figured I'd just ask. HID is something I've never looked into until recently and although I read a bunch of stuff on it, just needed some clarification in my own lingo (even though i am fairly technical and do alot of work myself, i would by no means consider myself to be a mechanic and not everyone else here is). Again thanks for the insight.
Nah dude, I would tell you to search even if I was on my very first post. Nobody here thinks they are elite.
There is no such thing as elite on these boards.
there are :
OG's
regulars
newbs

Seriously don't say you have experience from other boards because that now gives you ZERO excuse not to search. What do all those years on other boards mean? didn't learn to search there? That is sure what I would think...

When you search, don't just search HID's. You can search "hid brand" "hid sc300" "hid 9006" .
Old 02-09-06, 04:54 PM
b1ackhawk
Intermediate

Nah dude, I would tell you to search even if I was on my very first post. Nobody here thinks they are elite.
There is no such thing as elite on these boards.
there are :
OG's
regulars
newbs

Seriously don't say you have experience from other boards because that now gives you ZERO excuse not to search. What do all those years on other boards mean? didn't learn to search there? That is sure what I would think...

When you search, don't just search HID's. You can search "hid brand" "hid sc300" "hid 9006" .
Ok, you dont think your super elite, please grow up and try to keep this thread on topic.

Quick Reply: HID conversion