Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

TSX VS TL projectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-06, 12:29 AM
BklynGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSX VS TL projectors

I've been trying to decide which projector would be the best to retrofit into my GS, and i thought i decided on the TSX projector until i came across an interesting thread on hidplanet.com.
Does anyone know if the difference in light output is really that big between the TSX and TL?
Would the TL's fit into GS housing?

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/view...er=asc&start=0

Last edited by BklynGS; 02-22-06 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-22-06, 11:26 PM
ant1k
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from what i see on the streets the tsx light out put is way nicer than the TLs- im doing a TSX retro in to my SC as we speak
Old 02-23-06, 07:04 AM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

I have the tsx in my first gen gs and Im very pleased with the performance , if you get the tsx get the ones with the clear lense 04-05 not the 06 (fresnal lense).
Old 02-23-06, 06:04 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by BklynGS
I've been trying to decide which projector would be the best to retrofit into my GS, and i thought i decided on the TSX projector until i came across an interesting thread on hidplanet.com.
Does anyone know if the difference in light output is really that big between the TSX and TL?

I'm sorry I just don't get the point of you bringing that topic from a forum which is strictly all about xenons. You bring it to a place where not many people know about retrofitting and ask us? I think you should be asking hidplanet for instructions.
Old 02-24-06, 08:46 AM
noop
Instructor

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
I'm sorry I just don't get the point of you bringing that topic from a forum which is strictly all about xenons. You bring it to a place where not many people know about retrofitting and ask us? I think you should be asking hidplanet for instructions.
I think its fine that he brought this here. not too many people with a GS retro on hidplanet... But we do have a few members that have retro's done, I have s2000's in my GS.

BklynGS send a PM to TIGUY99 his name is Mike, He has done a few retros for us CL members, I'm pretty sure he can help you out.
Old 02-25-06, 11:16 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Talking

Thanks guys for the suggestion. Sorry I've been away doing some retros but I've got pics of both around here somewhere. I'll have to post up shots so you can see for yourself....
Old 02-25-06, 03:42 PM
BklynGS
Driver

Thanks noop..... I didn't wanna say anything about Xotic SC's comment, but i read all the threads on hidplanet, and just wanted to know some different opinions from guys i trust on clublexus, before i go ahead with the purchase. I've pmed Tiguy with some questions b4 and hes been very helpful.... I know there's quite a few retro guys on this forum that specialize in the GS.
Tiguy if you get a chance to post or pm me some more pics, i'd appreciate it.
Old 02-26-06, 11:37 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by BklynGS

I would go for a higher quality retrofit. Hondas are not known for their HID lighting, they don't evne self level nor adjust left or right (well only the Legend).

I
Old 02-26-06, 12:15 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I would go for a higher quality retrofit. Hondas are not known for their HID lighting, they don't evne self level nor adjust left or right (well only the Legend).

I
What's considered higher quality retrofit to you?

The s2k, tsx, and TL projectors are pretty nice. The self leveling/auto adjust doesnt matter to us anyways since the only thing we'll be using are the projectors. If your car has autolevel, then thats a plus.
Old 02-26-06, 12:21 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mikal
What's considered higher quality retrofit to you?

The s2k, tsx, and TL projectors are pretty nice. The self leveling/auto adjust doesnt matter to us anyways since the only thing we'll be using are the projectors. If your car has autolevel, then thats a plus.
Who makes their projectors, hids? In comparison to others. I need to doublecheck
Old 02-27-06, 08:43 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I believe they're made by stanley. I have to admit though, those tsx,tl and s2000 projectors have some of the most colorful displays on the night-time road.

And the Maxima's projectors also have impressive color.

BklynGS, I think you should go to hidplanet.com. There they have a fact page created entirely for the hidnewb and expert (it is called university). There you will find dimensions on all sorts of projectors. Since we know that projectors like the q45, s2000, valeo, ls430 have been retrofitted into the GS housing before (based on info here at CL) look for similar dimensions from those projectors and the TL projector you're looking for. If they match up, you're good to go. The only thing I'm a little worried about is the length. If the length has the same fit, then you're ready for retro.

Please search, you could've had the answer from day 1.
Old 03-01-06, 01:31 AM
ant1k
Lead Lap

100% OEM TSX HIDS

does anyone have pictures of the TL or does anyone still want the TLs at all now? the light output was a lot more purple too and had a pretty wide color band but my camera didnt pick it up for some reason.
Old 03-01-06, 11:24 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by ant1k
100% OEM TSX HIDS

does anyone have pictures of the TL or does anyone still want the TLs at all now? the light output was a lot more purple too and had a pretty wide color band but my camera didnt pick it up for some reason.
Sorry about the delay. I've been going through alot over here on this end but I'm still holding up and helping the team here with retrofits and my knowledge on certain things etc. Anyhow I've been playing with my own TSX units for a while now and have come up with the wickedest concoction ever.

Ant post the # of your TSX units on the front part next to the lense. I've got some special information for you and other TSX owners on how to bring these beasts to life. based on the # I'll let you know which combination is best to bring out the sharpest most colorful beam pattern.
Old 03-01-06, 08:57 PM
ant1k
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tiguy99
Sorry about the delay. I've been going through alot over here on this end but I'm still holding up and helping the team here with retrofits and my knowledge on certain things etc. Anyhow I've been playing with my own TSX units for a while now and have come up with the wickedest concoction ever.

Ant post the # of your TSX units on the front part next to the lense. I've got some special information for you and other TSX owners on how to bring these beasts to life. based on the # I'll let you know which combination is best to bring out the sharpest most colorful beam pattern.
# of the TSX unit? whats that? the number on the projector next to the lense? then that is P2389
Old 03-02-06, 10:53 AM
lexus4jess
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Maxima cars have E55 hella projector.All they have changed are the lens.They are clear.S2000 ,TL have a very sharp cutoff Line.thats all I like about them.But they are to fat and you can't use them in some small headlights.

Quick Reply: TSX VS TL projectors