Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

HID Driving Lights.... HID backup lights.. anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-06, 01:41 PM
lexbuddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Driving Lights.... HID backup lights.. anyone?

Hello,

Some of you with GS/LX/LS probably have done this. Now I have a GX with HID Fog and Low beams but still find that not to be enough (probably because the LOWS are 6000k in Projector housing and are not quite as bright as my 4300k fogs). I am thinking of adding a set of DRIVING HID Lights such as Sylvania X1010 or Helloa MicroXenon or Rallye (perhaps those are TOO large). Can anyone comment whether they installed such kits? I like the fact that Sylvania x1010 has a remote wireless switch this way I don't have to run wires into the cabin.

Also, has anyone tried to install HID backup lights? I am just curious if that is something feasable, perhaps in factory housing? or otherwise?

Thank you
Old 03-27-06, 01:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

backup lights?! you kidding me? that light is usually just wedge bulbs, there is no way you can put hid in it i think. and why would you need it so bright?

also for hid driving lights, you mean another set mounted, or you are talking about changing the little tiny bulb in the high beam housing? that's not possible neither.... plus in ca, you can only have 2 sets of driving lights on at the same time
Old 03-27-06, 02:24 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gimme a few days...I'm expecting to receive my DRL HID retro back.

Like Rominl said..you can only have 1 set of HIDs on. So, at night time, the DRL HIDs will be off and the Q45s will come on!
Old 04-05-06, 02:35 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lexbuddy
Hello,

Some of you with GS/LX/LS probably have done this. Now I have a GX with HID Fog and Low beams but still find that not to be enough (probably because the LOWS are 6000k in Projector housing and are not quite as bright as my 4300k fogs). I am thinking of adding a set of DRIVING HID Lights such as Sylvania X1010 or Helloa MicroXenon or Rallye (perhaps those are TOO large). Can anyone comment whether they installed such kits? I like the fact that Sylvania x1010 has a remote wireless switch this way I don't have to run wires into the cabin.

Also, has anyone tried to install HID backup lights? I am just curious if that is something feasable, perhaps in factory housing? or otherwise?

Thank you
Sylvania Silver Star bulbs in stock size will give off significantly more light than just the regular bulbs. Not HID but still very bright. Put them in my 92 LS. Can practically hurt a blind mans' eyes when backing up.
Old 04-08-06, 11:23 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by trukn1
Can practically hurt a blind mans' eyes when backing up.

alright alright. messing with the handicap....i see how it is.
Old 04-09-06, 12:07 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

WOW...Projector HID's and Fog HID's arent enough light for ya??!!!! How much more light you need out on the road?? You are already blinding ppl with that set up. I think your best bet is to get 4300K HID's instead of the 6000K you are currently using.

Someone on the Maxima forum did a HID reverse light mod. Its possible, but not sure how big the opening is for the GX rear lights.
Old 04-09-06, 02:17 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by magneto112
WOW...Projector HID's and Fog HID's arent enough light for ya??!!!! How much more light you need out on the road?? You are already blinding ppl with that set up. I think your best bet is to get 4300K HID's instead of the 6000K you are currently using.

Someone on the Maxima forum did a HID reverse light mod. Its possible, but not sure how big the opening is for the GX rear lights.

do you have the pics mag? i would love to see that