Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Silverstar bulbs arent as white as i thought???

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-06, 08:38 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug
Forum Moderator

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

lazy ehh.....

do you even know what the Kelvin rating stands for?
do you know that the higher the kelvin, the LESS actual light output?
do you know that 7000k isnt even brighter than your stock halogens?
do you know that theres a reason ALL FACTORY HID systems are 4300k and regular halogens come 3700-4000k?

well?
do you?
Old 04-17-06, 11:04 PM
kpinoy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by INEEDANSC3
i was thinking of trying these out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97...QQcmdZViewItem

yeah that looks kool. Im just worried it might fry out the harness for it. those things look more like HID than the silverstars. i wonder if anyone know a website that shows light comparisons (not the pictures of the back of the silverstar box) maybe someone took pics and compared them.
Old 04-18-06, 01:25 PM
kpinoy
Driver School Candidate

I took some pics of the Silviana silverstars on my car. Is it just my car? my friends IS300 day lights is also silverstars and also looks yellow. No doubt it is the brightest halogen out there but its not very white. Thanx for the feedbacks this forum is great. sorry if this question seems dumb....only way to know is ask questions right

Old 04-18-06, 01:36 PM
KilaWombat
Lead Lap

i looked at mine the other night and mine are white.....
Old 04-18-06, 02:07 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug
Forum Moderator

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

il dig up my camera and show mine off
Old 04-18-06, 02:16 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Take that hyper-white LED out of the parking lights and install the stock halogen ones back in, then take a picture and post it....I think that'll give us a better idea if your Silverstars are yellow or not.
Old 04-18-06, 02:46 PM
kpinoy
Driver School Candidate

yeah i gotta take out that parking lights...just makes it look ugly. well imma stick with silverstars for now...they are still the brightest. the whitest vs the brightest...ill go with the brightest. i dont want to put those ghetto company lights and take a chance of burning up my harnesss. the 55w is the thing that sold me.it would be great to see silverstar on other cars to compare it with. thanx for the posts
Old 04-18-06, 03:19 PM
KilaWombat
Lead Lap

what kind of led bulbs do you have for your parking lights? mine look similar to yours. in the dark, are your led's a dark blue color?
Old 04-18-06, 03:30 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default maybe this will be an alternative

Originally Posted by kpinoy
yeah i gotta take out that parking lights...just makes it look ugly. well imma stick with silverstars for now...they are still the brightest. the whitest vs the brightest...ill go with the brightest. i dont want to put those ghetto company lights and take a chance of burning up my harnesss. the 55w is the thing that sold me.it would be great to see silverstar on other cars to compare it with. thanx for the posts
Not to get off the subject here, I do not have the silverstar bulbs. I have the Hyper white bulbs (bought from pep boys). Is this the brightness that you're looking for???? At night, they are almost bright enough to drown out the yellow fog light, during the day, hardly any blue is noticible. No modification was required, will eventually go HID but until then check these.

night pic, sorry for crappy resolution. need to take some more.
Attached Thumbnails Silverstar bulbs arent as white as i thought???-102_0503.jpg  

Last edited by trukn1; 04-18-06 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-18-06, 03:39 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Daytime pic, sorry for double posting, still learning how to get 2+ pics on same post. Notice the blue or lack of. Will get some shots from straight on. There is a small amount of blue in the light in the day, but not like some which seem to take over the entire headlight.
Attached Thumbnails Silverstar bulbs arent as white as i thought???-102_0508.jpg  

Last edited by trukn1; 04-18-06 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-18-06, 04:18 PM
rklages
Pole Position

I tried everything in my GX, the silverstars are not bad, but the absolute whitest I found that actually are as white as they say are these

http://www.hoen-usa.com/

I am running them in fogs and highs with 4300k xenon mains and they looks as white as the actual xenon's.

Rob
Old 04-18-06, 07:03 PM
absolut
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kpinoy
I took some pics of the Silviana silverstars on my car. Is it just my car? my friends IS300 day lights is also silverstars and also looks yellow. No doubt it is the brightest halogen out there but its not very white. Thanx for the feedbacks this forum is great. sorry if this question seems dumb....only way to know is ask questions right

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...y/PIC00563.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...y/PIC00560.jpg
close the garage door or take a night shot. hard to tell what the true color is in the daylight.
Old 04-18-06, 07:49 PM
lexodude
Pole Position

Hey i have silverstars in my 98LS and they dont look that white from close up but from far away at nite they look really white, i still want bulbs that have a tint of blue to them to give me a cooler look, check out a pic of mine before and after silverstars.
Attached Thumbnails Silverstar bulbs arent as white as i thought???-yellow.jpg  
Old 04-18-06, 07:50 PM
lexodude
Pole Position

Heres after
Attached Thumbnails Silverstar bulbs arent as white as i thought???-white.jpg  
Old 04-19-06, 11:43 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Originally Posted by rice h8r
^ those look pretty good.
trukn, those look pretty good. What's the actual name of the brand??
I'm on the road right now and dont know the actual name. I got them from pep boys and they are in a blue package and simply say Hyper White on them. If your local pep boys is set similar to mines, they would be inthe section where they sell the specialty bulbs, tail lts, accessories. etc. they should be sitting somewhere close to the silver stars. If you cant find them then I will try to dig up the package, but wont be able to do so until I get home this weekend. CHECK THOSE SIGNAL MIRRORS TOO!!! I LIKE ***.

Quick Reply: Silverstar bulbs arent as white as i thought???