Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Before and after- stock,LED's, polarg

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-06, 07:44 AM
GSspeed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So in conclusion we can say that the polargs are brighter and better than the LEDS, as far as color temp and brightness.

what if we were to miss match the lights, use LEDS for doors, and polargs for the dome , im not sure how much the color will match,

by the way, do you have the light numbers that are needed for the whole car

IE, doors, map, courtesy (front,Back), dome, licence plate, and anything else, the owners manual does not give good info on the type of bulb needed
Old 10-17-06, 08:18 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

For the doors, I did polarg. I had LEDs in there and I returned everyone of them because they look like they had hotspots in the doors, which is typical of LED since they do not disperse evenly like most regular bulbs.

I had all polargs in my car and switched to LEDs to see if I liked them better. The next day, I returned the LEDs and went back to polargs. I like the polarg's white color more since the LEDs has a bit of blue in them (probably it's just me).

Search for the thead I made while ago. There should be pictures of the polarg setup, plus I listed the type of bulbs for the door, dome, etc.
Old 10-17-06, 05:50 PM
GSspeed
Lead Lap

thx alot, isnt autobac on beach blvd??
Old 10-17-06, 06:26 PM
GSteg
Rookie

yup. beach and garden grove blvd.
Old 10-23-06, 11:04 AM
gmckey
Driver School Candidate

I bought these leds off ebay and also a few sets of M4 Polarg bulbs just to do my own comparison of the brightness and color of each... guess which bulb is both whiter AND brighter??? THE LED!!! I'll post up pics tonight or tomorrow of the LED vs the Polargs, but the LED is MUCH brighter. I will still use the polargs in a few places like the rear over head lights, but for the door courtesy lights and the front/rear maplights I will use the LED's (also using LED's for sidemarkers, footwell, and license plate lights)
Old 10-23-06, 12:43 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Take a picture of them in the headlight housing. The only thing that is keeping me from using LED in headlights is the limited light dispersion. We rely on the reflector project the light evenly in the headlight, which is why I prefer the regular bulbs. These bulbs are advertised as having 180 degrees of illumination. Hopefully they'll be much better than the LEDs I had. I just ordered a pair to try so hopefully they come soon. But the rest of my car, I'm keeping the polargs. I cant' stand hotspots because it looks a bit tacky. I get compliments from people who has LEDs to start with

how long after you ordered did u have to wait until the LEDs came in?
Old 10-23-06, 02:57 PM
gmckey
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GSteg
Take a picture of them in the headlight housing.

how long after you ordered did u have to wait until the LEDs came in?
I would... but this is in a 99 LS

It took a little under a week to come in once I paid.
Old 10-25-06, 08:22 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gmckey
I bought these leds off ebay and also a few sets of M4 Polarg bulbs just to do my own comparison of the brightness and color of each... guess which bulb is both whiter AND brighter??? THE LED!!! I'll post up pics tonight or tomorrow of the LED vs the Polargs, but the LED is MUCH brighter. I will still use the polargs in a few places like the rear over head lights, but for the door courtesy lights and the front/rear maplights I will use the LED's (also using LED's for sidemarkers, footwell, and license plate lights)

Be carefull with the ones you got from ebay. I had some of those. When they start to go bad, they flicker like a strobe light. Fearing of getting pulled over, I had to change them right away. So at least be ready with another set just in case.
-Will
Old 11-14-06, 10:07 AM
BoostAddct
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone have a listing of all the bulb #'s I will need to do every interior light, the license plate lights, reverse lamps, and high beam lights? Basically what I am looking for is a list of every factory bulb including the keyhole light for the ignition. Thanks.