Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Blue LED Interior Lights IS 250

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-06, 02:48 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interesting setup, i like that it matchs the door sills. My friend put a bunch of those stupid blue caps on his interior lights on his jeep when he was 17. I thought it looked like crap and now two years later he asked me to help him replace them with regular bulbs again.

I like how you went the extra yard and bought LEDs. Im in the process of changing all my interior lighting to LEDs. I have to do the overhead lights in the 2nd and 3rd rows and im done. Got the front two and the doors done. Also thinking about putting white LEDs in on every switch too.

Anyways looks pretty sick...doesnt hurt your eyes at all tho with all that blue?
Old 10-13-06, 03:53 PM
SParker1tx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
interesting setup, i like that it matchs the door sills. My friend put a bunch of those stupid blue caps on his interior lights on his jeep when he was 17. I thought it looked like crap and now two years later he asked me to help him replace them with regular bulbs again.

I like how you went the extra yard and bought LEDs. Im in the process of changing all my interior lighting to LEDs. I have to do the overhead lights in the 2nd and 3rd rows and im done. Got the front two and the doors done. Also thinking about putting white LEDs in on every switch too.

Anyways looks pretty sick...doesnt hurt your eyes at all tho with all that blue?

Ahh thats Craazy!! That sounds pretty sweet with the LEDS on every switch, but the blue light doesent hurt at all, its like a soft blue that like kind of gives an ambient glow, you can drive with them on and it just adds some light and it reflects blue off all the silver ascents. It works really well!
Old 10-13-06, 09:39 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

swizzeet. So they arent nearly as bright as the camera shows or what? because the camera looks to me like ied be like WTF IS GOING ON AHHHHHHH NOOO BLUE LIGHTS NOOO, then ied realize its from inside my car and just turn them off.
Old 10-13-06, 10:01 PM
SParker1tx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
swizzeet. So they arent nearly as bright as the camera shows or what? because the camera looks to me like ied be like WTF IS GOING ON AHHHHHHH NOOO BLUE LIGHTS NOOO, then ied realize its from inside my car and just turn them off.

Hahahah.... No its not insanely bright when they are on, it gives a nice amount of light while not being so bright your like wtf turn off the light!! But then again your not like AHH I CANT SEE either haha... Its a happy-medium for me!
Old 10-14-06, 02:25 AM
kissbang
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoa. You're telling me there's no law against all that blue in your car? Well... while moving anyway... Isn't it a bit... Police siren-like?? Maybe?? I don't know. I don't know what the laws are in Texas.

Anyway, I guess it looks pretty cool, but I prefer super-whites (that was the original color, right? I don't have an IS, but they are white leds on the GS).
Old 10-14-06, 05:41 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

[QUOTE=kissbang;2181210]Well... while moving anyway... Isn't it a bit... Police siren-like?? Maybe??
QUOTE]

Police siren? i dont think it makes any noise. But yes your right, there is a law almost totally against that ied assume in TX. What color are the DPS lightbars? Ok just looked yeh with their Red and Blue combo ied assume a real ball buster would pull you over for that if you had them on. When your stopped of course its a whole different ball game. Had a friend stopped because the blue neon in his trunk that was on his sub cought the cops eye. my friend had his back seats folded down to let the bass in. And then a few weeks later he got stopped for these two leds one each in his lower foglights on his Altima that were on. Blue of course, cop gave him a ticket for illegal blue light which is reserved for volunteer FD in NY.

Just sayin, dont drive around with all those blue LEDs on unless you want to tell the cops to pull you over.
Old 10-14-06, 07:15 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug
Forum Moderator

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

[QUOTE=1loudLX;2181256]
Originally Posted by kissbang
Well... while moving anyway... Isn't it a bit... Police siren-like?? Maybe??
QUOTE]

Police siren? i dont think it makes any noise. But yes your right, there is a law almost totally against that ied assume in TX. What color are the DPS lightbars? Ok just looked yeh with their Red and Blue combo ied assume a real ball buster would pull you over for that if you had them on. When your stopped of course its a whole different ball game. Had a friend stopped because the blue neon in his trunk that was on his sub cought the cops eye. my friend had his back seats folded down to let the bass in. And then a few weeks later he got stopped for these two leds one each in his lower foglights on his Altima that were on. Blue of course, cop gave him a ticket for illegal blue light which is reserved for volunteer FD in NY.

Just sayin, dont drive around with all those blue LEDs on unless you want to tell the cops to pull you over.
actually as long as the light doesnt project outside of the car i do believe it would be fully legal. the VC in CA at least says that u cant have certain colors of light on the exterior of the car.
Old 10-14-06, 07:34 AM
SParker1tx
Pole Position

Hahaha!! Yall are great! These LED's would not upset anyone if they saw me in the rear-view mirror with blue in the car! It might look like a slight tint of blue if they looked back and they were actually on. Most of the time the blue light is only on when I open the door or I am looking for something in the glove compartment. However, my brother did put in red/blue flashing lights in the front headlights somehow on his truck and would always **** with his friends and act like he is the cops it was REALLY funny! But since there is no blue on the exterior there is no way they would say anything, but if I do get pulled over I sure wont be turning them on hahah...
Old 10-14-06, 09:13 AM
SParker1tx
Pole Position

Heres a Question I was Asked about my Bulbs and some info on what I did to get the blue!

Originally Posted by scawacs
Hi! I am thinking of doing my interior lights like yours (love em). Could you tell me which specific lights you bought and simple instructions on how to install them?

Thanks!

Ya of course, I got all of the LEDs from V-LEDS.com
They were pretty quick with the shipping, I think 3 days total from the day I ordered them plus there prices are pretty good compared to others.

Anyways, for the Front Dome there are 3 wedge bulbs, they are #194 Bulbs and I used the Refractors from V-Leds (http://frickinbrite.com/catalog/prod...products_id=68) because that way they dont appear as dots of light in the dome they are spread out and look more normal and not cheap. For the Back there are 2 "Festoon" 31mm Bulbs. I used the 9 LED Festoon bulb from V-LEDs (http://frickinbrite.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=145).

The Install of them I did by looking at a thread on here or LOC or My.IS Cant remember which where they had picture of how to remove it and such, it took me about 4 minutes to do them all. Since V-LEDs sells the #194 bulbs in pairs I just bought two and took only used two and it gives off plenty of light and does not look weird.

I'll try and find that thread for the install but dont worry about installing them, its very simple!

Hope this helps!
Old 10-14-06, 11:07 AM
mikevanle
Lexus Test Driver

Personal preferences I guess, but I think it's rice.
Old 10-14-06, 01:00 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

well, it is a japanese car....lol

I used to have the whole 9 yards in terms of emergency lighting. Took most of it out tho because cops started to get mad. lol, i guess when im driving down the highway shoulder with my lights on passing all the traffic might make some police mad.